TDK BA200 Thread
Aug 28, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #1,141 of 1,509
Aug 28, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #1,142 of 1,509
Quote:
Yup. I contacted TDK, still under warranty; they didn't have any replacement cables to send me, so I sent back the whole IEM and they sent me a brand new one.

Crap, my extension just blew out on me and I think I've misplaced my receipt. :frowning2:

tbh I don't agree with the stress reliefs on the cable... I don't think they work particularily well.

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #1,144 of 1,509
Its been awhile since i touched any audio equipment and boy am i glad that i did. Bought it from a nice guy locally and i am very pleased with the sq that i am getting even though my source is a lg optimus g pro mobile device. It has definitely more bass quantity than dba02 whilst retaining most of the clarity and transparency in the mids. Mids are not too forward and highs lack a bit of sparkle compared to pfe. Its really balanced and fits most genre of music with ease. Edm, classical and jazz are what i mostly listen to and the ba200 are playing them without effort. Overall this reminds me of my u3mx while having a slight more transparency and details. On a side note i did demo the ie800 but couldnt get a proper seal and i think it would need amping to have its best potential.

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #1,146 of 1,509
Quote:
Looking for some decent iem's to pair with Colorfly CK4.
Do you think BA200 or IE800 will provide the most natural, powerful, energetic, emotional female vocals?

I wouldn't describe any feature of the sound signature of he BA200 particularly natural/emotional. They are good IEMs, but the IE800 is priced about 4-5 times higher, so that's not really a fair comparison!

That said, I don't really listen to a lot of female vocalists, but voices overal sound really good on them.

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #1,147 of 1,509
Quote:
I wouldn't describe any feature of the sound signature of he BA200 particularly natural/emotional. They are good IEMs, but the IE800 is priced about 4-5 times higher, so that's not really a fair comparison!

That said, I don't really listen to a lot of female vocalists, but voices overal sound really good on them.

Hi, you must be confusing TDK IE800 (which I meant) and Sennheiser IE800.

Aug 31, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #1,149 of 1,509
Greetings All! My extension blew out after 2months of use :frowning2: The Amazon marketplace seller initially offered me a generic headphone extension cable but it was big and clunky so I pushed for an original TDK replacement which they're pursuing for me. Looks like most are just getting an 'upgrade' to the new version with the all-in-one cable so I'll be curious to see what the marketplace seller comes back to me with.

In the meantime I'm left with just the monitors and often using them with my phone. I wondered if anyone has found a good replacement for the TDK extension cable with an integrated mic to use as a handsfree?

Sep 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #1,152 of 1,509

Here is an open shelled ba200, I cant make out the numbers on there but the armature is from sonion for sure.
The numbers seems to be 1773W on the top line and 113 on the second beside the logo. Didn't want to go any further because I didn't want to risk anything.

Quote:
How do I remove the mesh grill from above the filter.

Just peel it off with your hands, that's only the dust/earwax filter which is glued on. You should find six more that came with the accessories.

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #1,153 of 1,509
  It uses the Etymotic HF/ER4 Knowles ED driver for the highs and perhaps the bass driver of the TF10, or something similar to it. IMO, these are better than most of the stuff that's recommended in this price range, better than XBA3/30. 

Really doubt it's a Sonion, it's likely the Knowles ED drier I think. It's characteristics are exact

Do you think there are multiple versions of the BA200 out there or perhaps is it just that Sonion is replicating Knowles driver characteristics to the best of their ability? You seemed pretty sure about the armatures being sourced by Knowles, so I wonder if it's even remotely plausible that they have a Knowles BA200 and a Sonion BA200. Maybe they made a switch at the same time that they revised it to use a single long cable instead of the short cable and cord extension?

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #1,154 of 1,509
It turned out being a Sonion replicating an ED knowles very well I think. Both v1 and v2 versions of BA200 use the same drivers.

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #1,155 of 1,509
Yeah mine is a v1 with the shorter cable. But I doubt the two versions use difference BAs

I tried to search up the numbers on thier website but cannot find any product/info. Oh well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back