TDK BA200 Thread
Aug 2, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #1,096 of 1,509
Actually based on Rin's data I'll try Comply T130+33impedance. Green star tips make it flat DF, but that will be too bright, the set-up I mention make it more OW.

Yea that makes sense.

I still like the way the Monster long supertips brings up the 6-7k dip a bit and still keeps a slight overall downslope without a bigger upper treble drop.

But more importantly :D, how do you think the sound would change with the Shure EATFL1-6 bumping up the 3-4k? I'd hope it would be awesomely energetic for vocals but smooth above that.

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #1,097 of 1,509
Opps meant Shure Olives not T130

Based on graphs, I'll list good tip choices
Ety ER6-18C
Shure Olives
Shure PA757

Green Foam Star tips, Klipsch oval double flange in small or Long Monster Foam tips if you want it brighter

Basically, do the one that will likely feel best when inserting the deepest, personally I use Shure Olives or ER6i-18C. 

Shure EATFL looks messy...

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #1,098 of 1,509
Quote:
Yea that makes sense.

I still like the way the Monster long supertips brings up the 6-7k dip a bit and still keeps a slight overall downslope without a bigger upper treble drop.

But more importantly
biggrin.gif
, how do you think the sound would change with the Shure EATFL1-6 bumping up the 3-4k? I'd hope it would be awesomely energetic for vocals but smooth above that.

westone star tips foam greens have the same sig with the stock silicone bi flanges. Also similar is the Shure PA757S which are silicone based too. It seems its very peaky with silicone tips to get the same sig as the sould lab intended.

as far as the Shure EATFL1-6 is concerned it gets too mid range for me. treble is really leveled so its not my recommendation. the effect of the Monster long supertips can also be achieved by messing around with different dampers. dont forget about that
wink.gif

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #1,099 of 1,509
Opps meant Shure Olives not T130

Based on graphs, I'll list good tip choices

Klipsch Oval Double flange in small
Ety ER6-18C
Shure Olives
Shure PA757
Monster Eargels

Green Foam Star tips or Long Monster Foam tips if you want it brighter

Basically, do the one that will likely feel best when inserting the deepest, personally I use Shure Olives, Klipsch ovals or ER6i-18C. 

Shure EATFL looks messy...

westone star tips foam greens have the same sig with the stock silicone bi flanges. Also similar is the Shure PA757S which are silicone based too. It seems its very peaky with silicone tips to get the same sig as the sould lab intended.

as far as the Shure EATFL1-6 is concerned it gets too mid range for me. treble is really leveled so its not my recommendation. the effect of the Monster long supertips can also be achieved by messing around with different dampers. dont forget about that :wink:

You guys need to live a little lol. :D
The EATFL1-6s are the tips you don't bring home to mom. :wink:

They're really generally stable through 2k which is nice.

I actually liked your initial idea of the 130's for a nice more laid back version of the original sig.

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #1,101 of 1,509
if i purchase the westone true fit green what would be their lifespan? they have 5 pairs for 15$ which is cheap

I am willing to try them as it's to my best interest to have an alternative to the stock bi flange tips from time to time

Aug 2, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #1,102 of 1,509
I've been liking the stock bi-flange. It dawned on me, for my inside ear shape, that they have to stay in the ear for a while for a seal to occur. initial insertion is bass-ligiht. The same insertion left as is gets better in a short time. Maybe the tips mesh like the Avatar's hair does to the beasts they ride. :)

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #1,103 of 1,509
Well to even things out you use orange dampers :)

So you're saying that EATFL + orange dampeners might be cool?

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #1,104 of 1,509
Having just bought a pair of BA 200s (I couldn't resist the $78 price for a very good used pair), they remind me an awful lot of the RE-400 at first listen, but with a tad less bass. Excellent for $80 without question though. Jeez.

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #1,107 of 1,509
I don't recommend EATFL tips at all.

They are so bad it needed to be said twice. :wink:

I don't expect you to. I wouldn't either to any same person looking for solid advice lol. I just find their effect on the FR interesting in that they do what no other tip in that comparison does.

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #1,109 of 1,509
That is pretty cool. Thanks for the info. I might buy a set just to have and see the madness. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back