TDK BA200 Thread
Mar 18, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #766 of 1,509
Thx for the input mate.

I already have an UM3x that's why i'd like a companion that does not put me as close to the action.

My doubts about the volume are related to impedance circuit. Since TDK has not explained how it works it's my guessing that depending on the output impedance of the source the circuit might add resistance to minimize the impedance interaction with high z sources.

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother

Mar 18, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #767 of 1,509
Quote:
Thx for the input mate.

I already have an UM3x that's why i'd like a companion that does not put me as close to the action.

My doubts about the volume are related to impedance circuit. Since TDK has not explained how it works it's my guessing that depending on the output impedance of the source the circuit might add resistance to minimize the impedance interaction with high z sources.

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother

I don't think that splitter actually does anything. First I thought it might help against hiss, but it doesn't. 

Mar 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #768 of 1,509
I would also like how the UM3X compares to the BA200...im pretty happy with em but i wonder if they're worth the money to upgrade, since from where im from, UM3X RC is $400, and i got the BA200 for about 180... is the UM3X worth the extra $220?

I get the law of diminishing returns but, im just curious is it worth it?

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #769 of 1,509
Quote:
I would also like how the UM3X compares to the BA200...im pretty happy with em but i wonder if they're worth the money to upgrade, since from where im from, UM3X RC is $400, and i got the BA200 for about 180... is the UM3X worth the extra $220?

I had the UM3X a few years ago so I'll just make some general comments - read with skepticism.  I found the UM3X to be somewhat dull sounding with a smallish soundstage.  I wasn't all that impressed with the bass quality/quantity either.  At the time I felt if the UM3X had been made by a lesser known brand people would have been much more critical of it, especially due to the price.  At the time it was in FOTM mode.

I know the BA200 has similar sonic complaints, but I like it.  IMO it's a much a better value than the UM3X.  I think it's a better headphone.

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #770 of 1,509
Quote:

I had the UM3X a few years ago so I'll just make some general comments - read with skepticism.  I found the UM3X to be somewhat dull sounding with a smallish soundstage.  I wasn't all that impressed with the bass quality/quantity either.  At the time I felt if the UM3X had been made by a lesser known brand people would have been much more critical of it, especially due to the price.  At the time it was in FOTM mode.

I know the BA200 has similar sonic complaints, but I like it.  IMO it's a much a better value than the UM3X.  I think it's a better headphone.

So the BA200 soundstage puts the listener as close to the music as the UM3x?

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #771 of 1,509
Quote:
So the BA200 soundstage puts the listener as close to the music as the UM3x?

It's been too long since I heard the UM3X for me to provide a concrete answer to that question.

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #773 of 1,509
I find the fit pretty good. The housing body is actually quite small compared to triple-BAs, and theres a ton of tips that fit on them.
I haven't had the PFE in a while but the main difference I'd say is its treble, which is definitely sharper.

Mar 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #774 of 1,509
Can anyone say how these compare to the Audeo PFE?

Also how is the fit? I have small ear holes.

I find the pfe to be lacking in bass, and sometimes it can sound quite thin. However you can adjust that with the different tips they give you. The black brings out more bass while the greys bring the mids forward. The treble is definantly more present. The built quality is good but the wire feels thin and weak.

Ba200s probably won't suit you if you have small ears, they only give you one pair of small dual flange and other tips are actually quite large. The fit for me however is fine

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #775 of 1,509
I got my BA200s today. There seems to be a new revision.
There's one long cable now (not a short cable + extension).
It came without 6.3 mm adapter and cleaning tool.
It has two pairs of Ts-100 in size M and L (the old one had Ts-100 (M) and Tx-100 (L)).

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #776 of 1,509
Originally Posted by Pyrrho /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It has two pairs of Ts-100 in size M and L (the old one had Ts-100 (M) and Tx-100 (L)).

Interesting! Do let us know how it sounds.  I loved the original BA200.. still one of my favorite universal IEMs, regardless of price.  I wonder if tuning has been changed on this revision?

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #779 of 1,509
Quote:

Interesting! Do let us know how it sounds.  I loved the original BA200.. still one of my favorite universal IEMs, regardless of price.  I wonder if tuning has been changed on this revision?

My fist impression is that they're significantly better than my Ultimate Ears 700. I don't have the old version.

I'm still searching for the best tips. The double flange tips are a little too bright and the comply foam tips are a little too warm...
I'd like to have silicone tips with slightly more bass impact than the double flange tips.

You can see on the picture that there's one long cable now.

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #780 of 1,509
Quote:

Where did you buy it from? I got one on the way from Buydig, so I hope to get this newer version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back