TDK BA200 Thread
Dec 26, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #556 of 1,509
Quote:
Hmm.. some of you highly recommended the EarPortz tips. I'm wondeing whether I can get them in Singapore. Anyone from Singapore any idea about this tips availability in SG?

Not from Singapore, but I purchased my set from here. They ship from the UK internationally, but they are out of stock currently.

I have yet to receive them so no impressions yet.
wink.gif

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #557 of 1,509
How does amping effect the BA200?  I currently run my pair unamped from my iPod Touch 4; running them from my Fiio LOD and E5, I noticed small differences, but am unable to decidedly name one superior to the other.  Will I notice a larger difference if I use a better amp?  If so, which amp pairs best with the BA200?  

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #558 of 1,509
Quote:
How does amping effect the BA200?  I currently run my pair unamped from my iPod Touch 4; running them from my Fiio LOD and E5, I noticed small differences, but am unable to decidedly name one superior to the other.  Will I notice a larger difference if I use a better amp?  If so, which amp pairs best with the BA200?  

With my 32ohm apogee duet, I noticed most crispness and accuracy in the treble, but the difference wasn't "huge" by any means, but I definitely noticed it.  Things just sounded more "tight" and "crisp" in the high end.

Dec 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #559 of 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep /img/forum/go_quote.gif  The hoopla about the cable is overblown, IMO.. yeah it's a flat cable.. but it's so light and flexible.. I like it.  Also, the impedance adapter's size isn't an issue for me either.  It's not big or heavy enough to be a hassle for me..but I haven't used this IEM out and about.

Glad you like them. I think there have been revisions to the cable; when I had it, it didn't have the elasticity that I've seen on the recent models. I've been toying with the idea of remolding the BA200 and sticking the impedance adapter inside the shells. I think this is one of those IEMs that will really benefit (sonically) from an acrylic housing, even though the default housings are very comfortable.

Dec 28, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #560 of 1,509
My SM3 broke and now I am listening to my BA200s.

Just my quick comparison before I forget. Hope you will find it useful or at least appreciate the BA200 more.

Soundstage:
The SM3 can put sounds behind your neck and about 5 inches in front of your forehead. This depth is almost non existent with the Ba200. Width is just a little less on the BA200. Imaging is better with the BA200.

Sound Quality:
The BA200 sounds more natural. The SM3 has a way of adding color thus making vocals sound enhanced. They are darn good, but you know they were enhanced. Bass impact is less on the BA200. Instrument separation is also a little less, detail retrieval also one step behind the SM3. There is a noticeable difference in the treble quality and quantity, but all I can say, they are both very forgiving.

All in all, I think the Ba200 offers about 90% of what the SM3 offers at less than 1/2 the price. Switching between these 2 IEMs is easy and does not require too much adjustments. i would say the BA200 really is the SM3's baby brother.

Dec 28, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #561 of 1,509
Very interested in these IEMs. I think they would be a good introduction to BA drivers for me. How do the FXD80s compare to the BA200,  FlySweep and ericp10? I've yet to read the rest of the thread but I can understand the BA200 are highly capable. Mainly interested in the bass and mids. I'm looking for tight, punchy bass and lush mids which aren't recessed compared to the D80s (which is only apparent to me in few select songs). Clarity and soundstage are also of interest. If anyone else can chime in, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you kindly, good sirs. 
etysmile.gif

Dec 28, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #562 of 1,509
I did say that's about right in saying the BA200 is around 90% of the SM3 though I think I'd say its closer to 85% but that's just splitting hairs.  The SM3 does have noticeable coloration to the mids and the soundstage is more encompassing with better 3D imaging and yes better separation but all in all the BA200 compare pretty well next to one of the top top-tier IEM's.

Hey Annafrancesca are you going to try and get the SM3's fixed through Earsonics?  It will be much cheaper I'm guessing than buying a pair or are you going to save up and try and get the SM64?

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #563 of 1,509
Quote:

Not from Singapore, but I purchased my set from here. They ship from the UK internationally, but they are out of stock currently.

I have yet to receive them so no impressions yet.
wink.gif

PeterDLai, So sorry I wasn't aware of your replied to me. I see, well generally given by the size, our market are very limited to IEM and headphone after market accessories. The worst thing happened here was, most imported IEM and headphones by retailers like Epicentre, Nubox (those sucking blood apple premium retailer shops) and Stereo are super expensive. 

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #564 of 1,509
Quote:
PeterDLai, So sorry I wasn't aware of your replied to me. I see, well generally given by the size, our market are very limited to IEM and headphone after market accessories. The worst thing happened here was, most imported IEM and headphones by retailers like Epicentre, Nubox (those sucking blood apple premium retailer shops) and Stereo are super expensive. 

Lol sucking blood apple premium retailer shops

Anyway on top my head there is only Stereo... if you really want to try can try Farle, Soundwaves Studio or browse around Treoo

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #565 of 1,509
Quote:
I did say that's about right in saying the BA200 is around 90% of the SM3 though I think I'd say its closer to 85% but that's just splitting hairs.  The SM3 does have noticeable coloration to the mids and the soundstage is more encompassing with better 3D imaging and yes better separation but all in all the BA200 compare pretty well next to one of the top top-tier IEM's.

Hey Annafrancesca are you going to try and get the SM3's fixed through Earsonics?  It will be much cheaper I'm guessing than buying a pair or are you going to save up and try and get the SM64?

Seems like SM3v2 and not the BA200 will be the end of the path for me

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #567 of 1,509

I guess I'll try sending them to ES. You're right, that would be cheaper than buying a new pari. But my eyes are also set on the SM64s. I'm going to Hongkong in March, it maybe cheaper there duty free. :)

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #568 of 1,509
Quote:
I guess I'll try sending them to ES. You're right, that would be cheaper than buying a new pari. But my eyes are also set on the SM64s. I'm going to Hongkong in March, it maybe cheaper there duty free.
smily_headphones1.gif

That's cool but in the mean time get those bad boys fixed and when you get the SM64 let me know what you think of them because I know if you really like them than I'm going to really like them also.

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #570 of 1,509
Maybe but I doubt it, I'm not looking to upgrade anytime soon over the SM3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back