TDK BA200 Thread
Sep 7, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #1,486 of 1,509
So i have around 81 hours on them. I have also change the acoustic filter on them. From red 2200ohm Sonion filter to the Knowles 1500ohm green. But the filter refuse to go in. Which i need to force it in. The problem is if i force it to blend into the housing. I would probably cannot take out the filter. So i just put it like half way in.

in 2200ohm it sound very bassy imo. But not overly. Just tat it is also pretty much track dependent. After having change to the 1500ohm, the high seems more prominent. Sound better imo. As the saxophone and instrument sound more energetic . I have also tried with the 3300ohm orange and 330ohm grey. In the 3300ohm bass is overly muffle. It cover up the mid range too much.
As for the 330ohm it sound very life like. But on high pitch it does have sibilant. Bass is like reduce by 60% by using the 330ohm filter.

So far I'm still liking this iem. Just that the cable really get in my way sometimes. How do i make them flat without being so prone to tangle?

Interesting, I never got to play around with the filters. I like them very much with the stock already but the 1500ohm looks like something I need to try.

Yes the cable can be problematic sometimes and IMHO the best way to work around it is taking care to wrap the cable neatly when storing. This tends to avoid any irritating tangles.

Sep 7, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #1,487 of 1,509
The upgrade is pretty much noticeable if you go lower. I won't advice u go higher. It sound so muffle up. As if someone is clogging a sponge on your favorite artist while she is singing.
I have not try 680ohm and 1000ohm. Which I was pretty lazy that day as the 680 is in my CK100PRO. But the 100ohm is that i forgot to buy as i only thought they have 2.11mm diameter.

You should try it. But I must warn you that. Don't fully insert the whole thing as it was so tight it would come out. Just insert it half way in so is easier to change it next time. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #1,488 of 1,509
I have a TDK BA200 for nearly an year. Right now I have a problem with the right ear piece. I can hear only half of the actual output in the right side whereas the left side works fine. I tried testing the cables by twisting at the ends, but it seems to be the same. Think something might have happened inside the earpiece. Can anybody advice how to fix this. I have only opened low cost earpiece and I dont want to break this one by opening. 

What should I do and where should I be looking at to fix this problem

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #1,489 of 1,509
I have a TDK BA200 for nearly an year. Right now I have a problem with the right ear piece. I can hear only half of the actual output in the right side whereas the left side works fine. I tried testing the cables by twisting at the ends, but it seems to be the same. Think something might have happened inside the earpiece. Can anybody advice how to fix this. I have only opened low cost earpiece and I dont want to break this one by opening. 

Same thing happened to mine. The bass driver stopped working I contacted TDK they said it was out of warranty. I don't know where to get it fixed...

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #1,490 of 1,509

This may be an obvious question but have you tried connecting them directly to an audio input through just the upper part of the cord (remove the extender)? Something similar happened to me but turned out the lower cable was bad (2 have now gone out on me). You can buy a new extender on Amazon. Likely you've already tried but thought I'd throw it out there. 

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #1,491 of 1,509
I have a pair of these but it seems the bass is really lacking...
I usually test Method Man - Tical (1st track) as a baseline for IEMS because it has punch parts and spreadout reverberating type bass.  I could barely hear it through the BA200's.

I got it as a set with the BA100 (now lost) for a good deal, and I used the BA100 after an initial test with this song.  I need at least a decent amount of bass, but the BA200 seems to not have any?  Is there something wrong with mine?  I did read in many places it can be "anemic", but this seems wrong somehow.  There IS bass coming through but way less than I'm used to.  

I'm not a basshead but do appreciate some heavy thump in certain genres.  The 200 is great for other stuff but I feel like it's definitely missing something in the spectrum no matter the song type.  

And so - I have the BA200, just got a Vsonic Gr07 (not Bass Edition I think),  but should I send these back or just get a good quality Bass oriented model?  

danka schoen

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #1,492 of 1,509
  I have a pair of these but it seems the bass is really lacking...
I usually test Method Man - Tical (1st track) as a baseline for IEMS because it has punch parts and spreadout reverberating type bass.  I could barely hear it through the BA200's.

I got it as a set with the BA100 (now lost) for a good deal, and I used the BA100 after an initial test with this song.  I need at least a decent amount of bass, but the BA200 seems to not have any?  Is there something wrong with mine?  I did read in many places it can be "anemic", but this seems wrong somehow.  There IS bass coming through but way less than I'm used to.  

I'm not a basshead but do appreciate some heavy thump in certain genres.  The 200 is great for other stuff but I feel like it's definitely missing something in the spectrum no matter the song type.  

And so - I have the BA200, just got a Vsonic Gr07 (not Bass Edition I think),  but should I send these back or just get a good quality Bass oriented model?  

danka schoen

Yea, when I got my ba200. I find that it is too warm/smooth for me. For me is the bass punch part like you say, sounds pretty lacking to me too. Especially for EDM or any fast track. But guitar sounds pretty phenomenal on the BA200 imo.

It does have quite a lot of subass (to make it smooth, IIRC) on my set.

Aug 25, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #1,493 of 1,509
  Yea, when I got my ba200. I find that it is too warm/smooth for me. For me is the bass punch part like you say, sounds pretty lacking to me too. Especially for EDM or any fast track. But guitar sounds pretty phenomenal on the BA200 imo.

It does have quite a lot of subass (to make it smooth, IIRC) on my set.

Yup, I might just keep these for more folksy/acoustic type stuff, but I'm thinking classical is going to suffer.  I'm not sure how new these are, so maybe they need to break in?  Did anyone notice a change after some time put in?  

Aug 28, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #1,495 of 1,509
  I got these because they were highly recommended by Joker/LJoker (can't quite remember).  Makes me wonder what he listens to more...They are still high on his list...

Well, One lesson I learn is that. Don't rely much on review, unless the reviewer have similar taste with you.

Best way is to try yourself imo. 
tongue.gif

I got the BA200 as I was on acoustic music for some time. But when I switch it to EDM, it does't perform all that well. Really genre specific.
The Isolation on this is superb though. Especially with westone tips! 

Aug 28, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #1,496 of 1,509
  Well, One lesson I learn is that. Don't rely much on review, unless the reviewer have similar taste with you.

Best way is to try yourself imo. 
tongue.gif

I got the BA200 as I was on acoustic music for some time. But when I switch it to EDM, it does't perform all that well. Really genre specific.
The Isolation on this is superb though. Especially with westone tips! 

While definitely not a bassy iem, I wouldn't say it is lacking bass either. I personally enjoyed mine with EDM as I found the bass/sub bass more than adequate for my taste and it had a really nice layering/imaging which IMO is also necessary for a good EDM experience. They are still one of my favourite dual ba iem (don't have it anymore though). Mine got spoiled and the warranty was over. 

Aug 28, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #1,497 of 1,509
  While definitely not a bassy iem, I wouldn't say it is lacking bass either. I personally enjoyed mine with EDM as I found the bass/sub bass more than adequate for my taste and it had a really nice layering/imaging which IMO is also necessary for a good EDM experience. They are still one of my favourite dual ba iem (don't have it anymore though). Mine got spoiled and the warranty was over. 

I do enjoy it too. I mean I have got other IEM that are much bassier. So makes me kind of, reach out for it more instead of the Ba200. 
How it spoil? Which version do you have? I think it was pretty durable though. 
blink.gif

Aug 28, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #1,498 of 1,509
  I do enjoy it too. I mean I have got other IEM that are much bassier. So makes me kind of, reach out for it more instead of the Ba200. 
How it spoil? Which version do you have? I think it was pretty durable though. 
blink.gif

I had the revised version. It is pretty durable but mine just stopped working. Oh well, it is discontinued so it is hard to find a replacement anyway. 

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #1,499 of 1,509
So I know this earphones has been around for a while. Fortunately mine is still alive and kickin'. However, the extension cable started to have a problem. I asked a local DIY-er to have my BA200 get re-cabled.

Yea I know that there's this circuitry inside the Y-splitter but I didn't mind replacing the whole cable since making a new adapter will just get damage eventually.The DIY-er however, didn't recable my earphones because upon opening the driver's shell, he said that there's no crossover circuit inside. He said that maybe the crossover is inside the Y-splitter.

Although I am still curious since most reviews claim that the circuitry inside the Y-splitter is something that helps the earphones to sound the same despite of player you use.

Dec 24, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #1,500 of 1,509
  So I know this earphones has been around for a while. Fortunately mine is still alive and kickin'. However, the extension cable started to have a problem. I asked a local DIY-er to have my BA200 get re-cabled.

Yea I know that there's this circuitry inside the Y-splitter but I didn't mind replacing the whole cable since making a new adapter will just get damage eventually.The DIY-er however, didn't recable my earphones because upon opening the driver's shell, he said that there's no crossover circuit inside. He said that maybe the crossover is inside the Y-splitter.

Although I am still curious since most reviews claim that the circuitry inside the Y-splitter is something that helps the earphones to sound the same despite of player you use.

I believe there is no cross over inside the driver nor the Y split. Inside the Y split is an impedance sort of thing which they regulate the impedance so they would sounds good on all devices. IIRC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back