TDK BA200 Thread
Jun 17, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #1,366 of 1,509
  I'm in the same boat, but only my left side stopped working. Switched to my backups (My old SE530s) but man I miss my TDK's right now. I'm over a year in the warranty and waiting for their support to get back to me. Hope we can both get ours fixed. Don't know if you need to mention that though. 

Anyone have experience dealing with TDK and their repair/replacement department? 

Not sure if you figured this out by now but I was in the same boat. My right side stopped working a few weeks ago, and of course after purchasing new IEMs I just came across a thread here on the extension cables going out. Sure enough when i pulled off the extension and plugged the cord straight into my comp the right side works fine. You may try this if you haven't already. 

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #1,368 of 1,509
I got to try these after doing research for IEMs as I needed something for the iPad / iPhone and my jolly goodness, it's like they were meant for each other. I'm really impressed. Tight bass, punchy warmish mids, and also really decent soundstage, clarity and treble for IEMs at this price. A very immersive experience overall. I'm surprised these aren't talked more around here.

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #1,369 of 1,509
A bit late with these replies lol, but oh well:

Isn't it true that the housing has no effect on a BA's sound quality? The whole purpose of a BA driver, as I understand it, is to absolutely tune and control the sound. Just think of how similar sounding all the dual BA models out there are.

Most of the dual models use the same drivers, the TWFK or some variation of it, which would explain the similarity.

I too, am a BA200 owner who recently ordered some Tenores. Can't wait to receive them and report back :D

What did you think?

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #1,370 of 1,509
Tenores are a great set. I don't think any BA200 owner would be disappointed. Not at all a hype train IEM like the Xiaomi Piston, which I dislike.

I forget...are the BA200 especially easy to drive? The Tenore on the other hand are the hardest to drive of the IEMs I own.

I might follow this up by getting the KC06 
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #1,371 of 1,509
The BA200 are a bit easier to drive than the Tenore.

The new Aurisonics Rockets are actually a bit harder to drive than the Tenore :blink:

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #1,372 of 1,509
Just sharing my findings.

I've found a way to increase the music separation and soundstage significantly for this IEM, although I'm not really sure how it sounds to you guys' ears. It may sounds a bit too echoed for you guys but it is what I prefered, maybe you guys can alter a bit from the setting I used and try to find out what would be the ideal result.
I'm not quite sure on bass part since it is the one that I have the least concern.
Equalizer was not used.
I'm using an Android so, yeah. It doesn't need any flashing / rooting or whatnot though.

You'll need to download and install ;
1) Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO 
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noozxoidelabs.eizo.rewirepro)
2) Noozy Studio 3
(http://www.mediafire.com/download/bnqzzdp5oj2mdeh/Noozy.v.3.0.2.3.apk)
[It is not longer available in Google Play since its interface resemble Zune Player].

Next, set up the setting as below (ignore the dts icon though, it is disabled) ;

Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO

Noozy Studio 3

Hope it helps!

Aug 25, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #1,374 of 1,509
My right BA200 got muted while working out. After 48 hours it remained the same hence i decided to take out the non detachable filter and to my dismay it's a flimsy piece of plastic with a paper. A far cry from the Shure SE530 filter that i have used to replace the clogged 'filter' of the BA200. Everything is up and running again.

Too bad i gave away the other spare SE530 filter of mine since it would be grear to replace the other tdk filter.

Password must contain at least one capital letter, the meaning of life, 14 of your favorite baby names, the Hamlet plot summary and a hug.

Aug 29, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #1,375 of 1,509
Just in case this information will benefit anyone: TDK is apparently totally out of stock of the BA200s. I've only had mine for a few weeks until the left headphone started to fail. TDK service sent me a BA100 as a replacement (they didn't want the old one back). When I insisted on a BA200 they offered me the money back I paid since they hadn't any BA200s left to ship by their warranty department.

Aug 29, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #1,376 of 1,509
Bummer. They're nice phones.

Did you notice the earlier posts saying the problem is often the extension cable and not the phones themselves?

Also, did you try out the BA100? The local Ross store has them for $20.

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #1,377 of 1,509
Fortunately I could manually repair them after they told me to get rid of it. The acoustic damper was clogged here as well, removing it solved the muted headphone problem.
I haven't gotten a chance to try the BA100 they let me keep, but I doubt that they are a match for the BA200.

Now I just have to find some new acoustic dampers.

Aug 30, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #1,378 of 1,509
Fortunately I could manually repair them after they told me to get rid of it. The acoustic damper was clogged here as well, removing it solved the muted headphone problem.
I haven't gotten a chance to try the BA100 they let me keep, but I doubt that they are a match for the BA200.

Now I just have to find some new acoustic dampers.

If I am not wrong they are the red Sonion 2200 ohm dampers?

Aug 30, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #1,379 of 1,509
If I am not wrong they are the red Sonion 2200 ohm dampers?

That sounds right. The red Sonion 2200 ohm damper (SSD03) also has a removal/installation tool. I don't know where you can buy them though.

If you find a place, you could try different damping to experiment with the tuning (ie 320 ohms for a brighter sound; higher numbers for a darker)

Aug 30, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #1,380 of 1,509
That sounds right. The red Sonion 2200 ohm damper (SSD03) also has a removal/installation tool. I don't know where you can buy them though.

If you find a place, you could try different damping to experiment with the tuning (ie 320 ohms for a brighter sound; higher numbers for a darker)

Sonion dampers are hard to find lol... I was trying hard to google just now

Knowles dampers are easier to find... wonder if they work well as a substitute

Edit: Something like this

http://www.mouser.sg/ProductDetail/Knowles/BF-1921-000/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMttVYCpp6LxRXdi2djy1oAj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back