Tastes in Music
Jul 10, 2005 at 12:20 AM Post #46 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
hey, you forgot Yabba Dabba Do (Flintstone)
icon10.gif

Obviously a later corollary to the Do Be Do Be Do Theorem.
tongue.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 12:36 AM Post #47 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunnyears
Hmmm, ontology related to music... ontology expressed by music.....The essence of being, the essence of existance expressed as music...EUREKA! It's just so obvious now!

Like a circle in a spiral
Like a wheel within a wheel,
Never ending or beginning,
On an ever-spinning reel
Like a snowball down a mountain,
Or a carnival balloon
Like a carousel that's turning
Running rings around the moon
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping
Past the minutes on its face
And the world is like an apple
Spinning silently in space
Like the circles that you find
In the windmills of your mind...

Jul 10, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #49 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunnyears
Ah yes, Michel Legrand, interpreted by Noel Harrison, son of Rex Harrison, star of My Fair Lady, oops! wrong thread;
eggosmile.gif

Damn!

I thought you might think that I wrote that myself.

Jul 10, 2005 at 6:52 AM Post #50 of 69
Doesn't the entropy of quantum physics go against the organization of music?

edit: You lost me

Jul 10, 2005 at 3:55 PM Post #52 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary80
Doesn't the entropy of quantum physics go against the organization of music?

edit: You lost me

No.

A piece of music is a static process - frozen in space and time - stored in memory (brain memory and universal quantum memory - linked in universal computation). Many deny such a quantum memory, but experiments as with the quantum erasure, demonstrate its existence. The paranormal phenomena of apparitions also demonstrate a quantum memory of the universe.

The media (material on which music is recorded, like a composition written on paper or recorded on tape) changes over time in a non-static process. The conceptual structure of the music is static.

Now whether this quantum memory disintegrates, say with the big crunch (if it ever happens) of singularity, is another matter. I say if it does, then no new universe will ever materialize because its computation has no past basis to generate from - like a computer program with no memory to draw from.

This is based an information driven universe theory. Those who think the universe has no data basis in causality processing will disagree.

Jul 10, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #53 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by drarthurwells
No.

A piece of music is a static process - frozen in space and time - stored in memory (brain memory and universal quantum memory - linked in universal computation). Many deny such a quantum memory, but experiments as with the quantum erasure, demonstrate its existence. The paranormal phenomena of apparitions also demonstrate a quantum memory of the universe.

The media (material on which music is recorded, like a composition written on paper or recorded on tape) changes over time in a non-static process. The conceptual structure of the music is static.

Now whether this quantum memory disintegrates, say with the big crunch (if it ever happens) of singularity, is another matter. I say if it does, then no new universe will ever materialize because its computation has no past basis to generate from - like a computer program with no memory to draw from.

This is based an information driven universe theory. Those who think the universe has no data basis in causality processing will disagree.

what?

Jul 10, 2005 at 10:21 PM Post #54 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix
what?

The question is how the universe runs at its basic level of existence.

Is it just a matter of particles with force interactions, where these interactions are regulated by laws of nature derived from the limits of such forces and interactions?

Or is it a matter of information (data communication) that somehow controls energy and its material manifestations?

When you consider quantum behavior, and paranormal events like telekinesis and poltergist activity, the information theory is attractive.

Jul 15, 2005 at 11:50 AM Post #55 of 69
Quote:

The question is how the universe runs at its basic level of existence.

Is it just a matter of particles with force interactions, where these interactions are regulated by laws of nature derived from the limits of such forces and interactions?

Or is it a matter of information (data communication) that somehow controls energy and its material manifestations?

When you consider quantum behavior, and paranormal events like telekinesis and poltergist activity, the information theory is attractive.

the universe is nothing, anything is possible, anywhere, anytime, anyplace... we live in an illusionary world. Infinite things are going on that we are not aware of.

Jul 15, 2005 at 4:31 PM Post #56 of 69
Quote:

the universe is nothing, anything is possible, anywhere, anytime, anyplace... we live in an illusionary world. Infinite things are going on that we are not aware of.

I'm more of an "A is A" man myself.

Jul 15, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #57 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
Couple of questions since I didn't fully understand your post:

You say that the non-material universe consists of quantum waves and is placed outside the realms of space and time. Being a real laymen I thought waves in quantum physics provide you with information in regards to its probability at a certain position. Also, if you look at the Schrödinger equation, space and time are actually involved, so I'm a bit confused here.

Your simplistic Born interpretations are no match for the new Wells synthesis.

Jul 15, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #58 of 69
Quote:

You got that right.

Materiality is the illusion created by the holonomic universe as perceived by our holonomic brain processing (mind).

http://www.bottomlayer.com/

Jul 16, 2005 at 12:43 AM Post #59 of 69
Quote:

The basis of all intellectual processing is perceptual, not conceptual. Perceptual processing is in terms of non-symbolized thought and involves temporal and spatial integration of particles (things) in space over time (material existence). The material universe is discrete and not continuous - continuity, as say in movement of particles, is an illusion. However, the non-material universe is continuous, outside of space and time, as a quantum wave function in supposition of simultaneously existing potentials, but the wave function collapse produces material phenomena in the world as we know it (however illusionary it really is).

The continuum of space-time entities at the potential level of directional psychic energies may well interfere with the illusional nature of our perceptive cognition system which means that our senses are not the true basis of evaluative perception...

Quote:

The universe runs on information that is coded in pulses or vibrations (waves) which can regulate energy to manifest as matter. God is the quantum computation of these pulses.
The language of pulses is a phase code, embedded in waves (materially in amplitude and frequency functions). Music is kin to this language. You could say in music we communicate with aspects of the universe, or God. This is a different reality than that of our everyday sensory experience of the material world.

It may as well depend on the phase magnitude in respect to the individual internal subjective wave/pulse quantum... and whether this ratio is exceeding the critical mass of perception in which case we arrive at pure conceptual chaos.

Quote:

However, it is not just enough to intellectually master the music you hear. Its coded language has to resonate with your emotional center (that is responsible both for your motivations and your feelings). This can vary from one person to another just like our individual motivations and needs vary - some of us are liberals and some conservative and most are mixed, etc. Shostakovitch and Prokofiev may resonate with one person while Bach and Mozart with another.

... and Brittney Spears with another, for that matter... the perceived visual non-symbolized wave-vibrations superimposed on the non-conceptual simplified (yet amplified) acoustic impulses may very well be an alternate mode of subtle reality perception superimposed on our non conscious perception of ordinate reality.

Quote:

You must find your best fit in music, both intellectually and emotionally, while also seeking to grow and develop your tastes. Doesn't mean you can't return to and enjoy your earlier favorites, just mean you want to also expand your ability to to understand the language of the universe.
At a God level of the universe, reality is a vast and ever changing symphony of sub-quantum vibrations - the computational basis of materialization.

I guess there is no such thing as reality, as this thread so eloquently proves...

Jul 16, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #60 of 69
Wow, this all reminds me of the concepts used in "The Matrix". Except, in this "reality" there isn't even an illusional "reality" to wake up from. Go get a knife and cut the crap out of yourself because you're not really real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back