Tascam TH-02 - Headphones waiting to be discovered??? (now Appreciation Thread)
Jul 19, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #182 of 194
Just bought the Teac CT-H02, which are supposedly the same thing.
The price was good, cost me around $11.
It will take a few weeks to reach me though...Which I'm fine with, I just want to end up with an upgrade from my normal Samsung earbuds which I found acceptable already.
Anyone knows about how it fits around the ear? I have small-medium ears (I think), and I'm worried it will just be on-ears.

Bought my TH02 last Month, Not disappointed still burning them in.

Anyway, My box was different

How do you like them so far?

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #184 of 194
  Just bought the Teac CT-H02, which are supposedly the same thing.
The price was good, cost me around $11.
It will take a few weeks to reach me though...Which I'm fine with, I just want to end up with an upgrade from my normal Samsung earbuds which I found acceptable already.
Anyone knows about how it fits around the ear? I have small-medium ears (I think), and I'm worried it will just be on-ears.

How do you like them so far?

Got HM5 pads (Velour) for it. Stock pads sucks lol

Sounds just pretty good for the price.

Jul 19, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #185 of 194
  Got HM5 pads (Velour) for it. Stock pads sucks lol

Sounds just pretty good for the price.

The TH02 pads are round. Replace them with oval Shure 840 or HM5 pads.  Much nicer.

I can't justify paying that much just for the pads, and they cost more than the headphones themselves too.
If I was to spend that much I would have just bought another headphone.
But thanks for the recommendation and info, I appreciate the replies.

Can you measure the stock pads if it's no hassle?

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #186 of 194

I can't justify paying that much just for the pads, and they cost more than the headphones themselves too.
If I was to spend that much I would have just bought another headphone.
But thanks for the recommendation and info, I appreciate the replies.

Can you measure the stock pads if it's no hassle?

8.8 cm here

1.8 cm here

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #188 of 194
14.99: http://www.adorama.com/TSTH02B.html?emailprice=t&hotlink=t&svfor=5m&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=cj_404255&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.404255

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #189 of 194
Total head-fi noob, just got the Tascam TH-02's...to my (inexperienced ears) they sound great! Just got some HM5 pads to replace the stock ones with. Dumb question but, how do I do that? Should I just rip out the old ones and slap the HM5 pads on? I noticed that the old pads are wedged between the inner and outer earpiece (don't know what else to call it). Should I do that with the HM5 pads? Or should I just wrap them around the whole can? If I need to thread the new pads between the two pieces...how should I take them apart to do that?

Jun 21, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #192 of 194
Any opinions on the following EQ? They are based in Jay_WJ's equalization and Innerfidelity's measurements against the harman curve (for 1k and up only).

Filter 1
Center Frequency: 2'700 Hz
Gain: +7 dB
Bandwidth: 2.5 Oct

Filter 2
Center Frequency: 9'500 Hz
Gain: -8 dB
Bandwidth: 0.3 Oct

Filter 3
Center Frequency: 5'000 Hz
Gain: +2.5 dB
Bandwidth: 0.5 Oct

Sep 5, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #193 of 194
I got the TH02 a couple of weeks ago. The sound seems clean and very easy to drive. Produces the most loudness (by a small margin) at a given volume level compared to other phones. Only the bass seems a bit on the weaker side. Is the weaker bass on this actually a correct representation of the actual sound?

Sep 5, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #194 of 194
Bought my TH02 last Month, Not disappointed still burning them in.

Anyway, My box was different
Even I got this same box. I see another different image online.

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 9.38.02 AM.png

7546213.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back