Tascam TH-02 - Headphones waiting to be discovered??? (now Appreciation Thread)
Oct 25, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #31 of 194
  I also saw these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TASCAM-HP-A9-High-Definition-Light-Weight-40mm-Driver-Over-Ear-Headphones-/231061636660?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35cc58c634

Picked them up for $12, and they are also surprisingly decent for Supra Aurals. Not sure if this is an old model or not. No press releases on it anywhere.

I just put in an offer for $10 and it auto accepted it. I wonder how low he'd really go. Thanks for the link. 

Oct 25, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #32 of 194
Without EQ, are these as good or better than the Monorpice 8323s?

Oct 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #34 of 194
Just pulled the trigger on two pairs from VMInnovations. Got em for $25 a pair.

If they're half as good as the hype, I'll use em. If not, then they'll be great for drumset lessons! Wicked case of NGAS (new gear acquisition syndrome)!

Oct 29, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #40 of 194
While the Takstar TS-610 appears very similar to the Tascam TH-02/TEAC CT-H02, it's not the same headphone (the earcup design is identical, and there are minor variations in the headband) - as evident by the 60Ω impedance for the Takstar vs 32 for Tascam/TEAC

Oct 29, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #45 of 194
My pairs arrived today.

First impressions.

Decent build quality: mostly heavy plastic and leather substitutes.
Good sound: mostly neutral, slight warmth in mid bass, good extension in the extremes, especially given the price point. To me they sound like a diet M50.

Luckily I've got a big head, so these fit easily. I could see though, if you have a smaller head that getting a good seal would be an issue.
Stock pads are very firm. Can't help but think that some velour would do the trick...

The only issue that I have is I'm getting lots of crackles and pops whenever I touch the jack to adjust it or accidentally. Does this sound like a defective product or a brand-new product?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back