Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Mar 1, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #2,266 of 2,420
I am also surprised I didn't have to pay taxes nor other costs for getting it. Not sure how Penon managed that or if I just got lucky but I am happy.
The only time I had to pay customs was when I bought a used Raptgo Hook X from Japan sent with FedEx. I live in Hungary; I order a real lot of things from China, Taiwan, etc.

Cheapest post is usually tax and customs free ( but not guaranteed ).

Edit : gratz for your new shiny !

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #2,267 of 2,420
Received mine today. Never received a tracking code. I expected it to show up these days so was keeping an eye out on the app of the postal service. First impressions this bass is addicting.
I am also surprised I didn't have to pay taxes nor other costs for getting it. Not sure how Penon managed that or if I just got lucky but I am happy.
I got a Isn H16 cable as new years present with my order. Sadly it is 2.5 termination but would that be any better than the standard cable? I think I prefer 8 core cables over 16 this thing is thick. Running the X on my Ivipq 233 cable now.
Exactly the same thing happened to me today, i don't know how they pulled that but i'm more than happy :ksc75smile:
I opted for the IGN GC4 cable and tried to listen to it with TRI clarion tips but the bass is way too strong with it (on standard tuning), will give it some hours then back to tip rolling.
_DSC1930.jpg

Mar 1, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #2,268 of 2,420
Exactly the same thing happened to me today, i don't know how they pulled that but i'm more than happy :ksc75smile:
I opted for the IGN GC4 cable and tried to listen to it with TRI clarion tips but the bass is way too strong with it (on standard tuning), will give it some hours then back to tip rolling._DSC1930.jpg
You can switch it to 001 and get a few db less bass.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #2,270 of 2,420
Been quiet around here and I've been testing the XINHS silver/copper cable that's been recommended in this thread. I confirm that at $42, this cable rocks very well with X. What a great alternative to Penon's Mix cable at a way lower price.

Mar 2, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #2,271 of 2,420
After more than 20 hours of burning,TSMR-X sound way better... Voices are nice, not veiled at all, lows hit hard but are well controled.
I really like highs too, with details and aeration.
I tried several cables and, according to my ears, the dunu Hulk match well

Mar 2, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #2,273 of 2,420
Hmm … something doesn’t seem right. Songs lack any real body to them. I’ve had to swap to my Final Audio E tips as I know they’ll get me the seal and I know it’s not a tip issue.

“Black” by Pearl Jam just shouldn’t sound this thin. Completely lacking any feeling with it.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #2,274 of 2,420
Hmm … something doesn’t seem right. Songs lack any real body to them. I’ve had to swap to my Final Audio E tips as I know they’ll get me the seal and I know it’s not a tip issue.

“Black” by Pearl Jam just shouldn’t sound this thin. Completely lacking any feeling with it.
Something definitely is not right - that’s not how I would describe the X. However, it is not a mids thick, lush, sounding IEM either….

For reference, what are some of the IEMs that you have that sound right to you?

Mar 2, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #2,275 of 2,420
Something definitely is not right - that’s not how I would describe the X. However, it is not a mids thick, lush, sounding IEM either….

For reference, what are some of the IEMs that you have that sound right to you?

Current two that I have are the ORIVETI OD200 and Simgot EA500LM’s.

I’ve changed to the PENON liquer orange tips and that’s a little better. The fit of the IEM just isn’t as good as the ORIVETI though, for me. Nothing has come close to that in comfort.

Mar 2, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #2,276 of 2,420

I’ve changed to the PENON liquer orange tips and that’s a little better. The fit of the IEM just isn’t as good as the ORIVETI though, for me. Nothing has come close to that in comfort.
Seems like you’re just used to very thick warm mids. Your brain will adjust if you give it time.

Mar 2, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #2,277 of 2,420

Don't switch back and forth. Just listen to the x and let both brain and driver burn in. The x is much better than the two iems you have.

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #2,278 of 2,420

Listening to All or None....Pearl Jam, right now. Sounds full and thick with no EQ on my HiBy R6III. The stock cable, being honest, I changed immediately, it looks nice but it is a load of old crap.....really. The DDs break in over 4-5 days, that's very important. Even alongside mid-forward IEMs the mids still hold up. Cable, break-in and a few days and a bit of current.

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #2,279 of 2,420
I’ve got a couple of cables that I can swap with so I’ll give those a try too.

I feel like a big part of why it’s not quite feeling right for me is that I can’t quite get the fit. The OD2000’s just push into my ear and done. I’m finding with these that I can push them too far, or not enough, and the middle ground (while sounding right) also doesn’t feel as snug in the ear as I’d like.

I’ve tried the medium and large Liquer tips and the medium seems better but I think I’ll try the stock tips as well and see how they are.

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #2,280 of 2,420
I’ve got a couple of cables that I can swap with so I’ll give those a try too.

I feel like a big part of why it’s not quite feeling right for me is that I can’t quite get the fit. The OD2000’s just push into my ear and done. I’m finding with these that I can push them too far, or not enough, and the middle ground (while sounding right) also doesn’t feel as snug in the ear as I’d like.

I’ve tried the medium and large Liquer tips and the medium seems better but I think I’ll try the stock tips as well and see how they are.
I much prefer the divinis Velvet tips they pretty much make the fit as good as the OD200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back