Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Feb 9, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #2,057 of 2,416
Received my tsmr x 10th iems today.. one side was louder than the other and I did a bit of troubleshooting and it turns out it was the usb-c to 3.5mm adapter I was using.. my OTHER usb-c to 3.5mm adapter had balanced volume on both sides. I was so disappointed at first before I realized it wasn't the iems. I should receive the new PENON OS133 Type-C DAC for iOS Android in a few days so I can use my old 4.4mm balanced cable. I'm very impressed with the sound of the tsmr x 10th.. the treble mids and bass seem less able to be picked out as distinct from the others like on my old yanyin aladdin iems.. like they use a less steep crossover slope

Feb 9, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #2,058 of 2,416
DSCF4359.jpg

DSCF4362.jpg

DSCF4363.jpg

Feb 9, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #2,059 of 2,416
Feb 9, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #2,060 of 2,416
Sr8 vs X? Anyone ?
I don't expect X to be an upgrade of the SR8, more a side grade.
I like so far my newly acquired SR8 but I feel imaging is a bit compressed, they sound quite in my head.
Wish a wider, deeper soundstage
Also while BA is well done, it doesn't match a nice DD bass
Thanks 👍

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #2,061 of 2,416
Feb 9, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #2,062 of 2,416
Sr8 vs X? Anyone ?
I don't expect X to be an upgrade of the SR8, more a side grade.
I like so far my newly acquired SR8 but I feel imaging is a bit compressed, they sound quite in my head.
Wish a wider, deeper soundstage
Also while BA is well done, it doesn't match a nice DD bass
Thanks 👍
Interestingly, the SR7 and X have a lot more in common than I imagine SR8, which I've not heard. SR7 is a bit of an unsung hero in chifi, but not in my collection. It still stands up to much greater competition.

The X will stand out from both due to the changes you can make to the FR with very effective switches. But switches only matter if the IEM is great in the first place, and the X certainly is great.

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #2,063 of 2,416

So this afternoon I finally got my newly acquired IBasso PB5 nutube amp. connected the balanced end to my Fiio M15S I have on hand. Just landed on this track and of course I had to throw on the TSMR-X. Unbelievable just how nuanced and spacious the sound here is. Just fabulous.

I am working on a written review of the TSMR-X but I am finding it very difficult to not gush all over the wording. Lol. These things have surprised me so much. The thing is you guys have to understand. I have had these longer than any one of you guys have and my honeymoon phase I am waiting to fall off. But that is just not happening.

Well it does help that I am feeing the X through one of the best portable amps I have ever heard. But still. The love affair just does not end here.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #2,064 of 2,416
Tansio Mirai X 10th Anniversary

Got this on loan from a friend, heres some short impressions after a few hours:
In short TSMR X is a hybrid with 2DD and 4BA with a vent module similar to 64audio on the faceplate. It also have 3 tuning switches to change up the sound.
I like to embrace the V shape and use it in UP DOWN DOWN config for the most bass. Standard mode is DOWN UP DOWN and has a little better balance but still V shaped.

Highlights perhaps the punchy and deep bass. Quite visceral on bassy music.

Clear treble, perhaps a little spicy on certain parts. Also good amount of air to the TSMR X.
Better on darker vocals than bright ones, mids in general is shadowed by bass and treble and can sound a little veiled.
The soundstage I dont feel is that good, sounds more closed in for me.

As a V shaped set its good. And would rather say price is correct at 400usd. I would pick this instead of Maestro Mini as a v shaped bassy set.

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #2,065 of 2,416
Tansio Mirai X 10th Anniversary

Got this on loan from a friend, heres some short impressions after a few hours:
In short TSMR X is a hybrid with 2DD and 4BA with a vent module similar to 64audio on the faceplate. It also have 3 tuning switches to change up the sound.
I like to embrace the V shape and use it in UP DOWN DOWN config for the most bass. Standard mode is DOWN UP DOWN and has a little better balance but still V shaped.

Highlights perhaps the punchy and deep bass. Quite visceral on bassy music.

Clear treble, perhaps a little spicy on certain parts. Also good amount of air to the TSMR X.
Better on darker vocals than bright ones, mids in general is shadowed by bass and treble and can sound a little veiled.
The soundstage I dont feel is that good, sounds more closed in for me.

As a V shaped set its good. And would rather say price is correct at 400usd. I would pick this instead of Maestro Mini as a v shaped bassy set.

Interesting take I would say that most if not all the veiling from the bass is not present in the balanced mode down up down the reason Why that's my favorite setting I suppose. I surrender to your price opinion as Ive only listened to 8 or 9 $400 sets and you have a much larger experience of that price bracket. For me they exceed the ones I've heard by a good margin. Early days though hope you get some good solid hours on all the settings look forward to your full review.

Edit
I have switched out the cables on mine as the Inc cable was a bit bright/thin sounding for my tastes.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #2,066 of 2,416
Interesting take I would say that most if not all the veiling from the bass is not present in the balanced mode down up down the reason Why that's my favorite setting I suppose. I surrender to your price opinion as Ive only listened to 8 or 9 $400 sets and you have a much larger experience of that price bracket. For me they exceed the ones I've heard by a good margin. Early days though hope you get some good solid hours on all the settings look forward to your full review.

Edit
I have switched out the cables on mine as the Inc cable was a bit bright/thin sounding for my tastes.

I think its a solid IEM, maybe one of Penon, ISN and TSMR best IEMs. I am only loaning it for a week then going to another friend, no review. Being priced correct is a good sign IMO, addictive and fun sound. Understand the praise by the owners so far :beerchug:

About the stage, it can be very personal. The imaging is really 3D and good, even if I find it on smaller side.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #2,068 of 2,416
I’ve just been playing with tips as I’ve been exclusively using Divinis velvets. I have ordered the Penon liquor tips but they are slow coming. Any way my usual second choice tips Sedna earfit lights didn’t work well veiling the mids and generally muddy so I tried the Dunu SS tips and they work really well maybe even better than the Velvets I will say the X is very sensitive to tips sso it's worth tip rolling.

Edit
Well the SS tips didn't last long after one came off in my ear ( took a while to dig out lol. Against everything I usually think about included tips the dark grey included tips actually soubf really good if only they were 1mm bigger I'd say they were the best I've used with the X REALLY WANT THE XL liquor tips to turn up but till then I think I'll stick with the stock tips.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #2,069 of 2,416
Finally, after about 100 hours, I'm hearing what's happening here and I'm ridiculously impressed. First, all burn and listening thus far was in default, and the progression thru the burn in was quite noticeable across the FR. What a gift if you give it that full burn time.

Now that I've listened, I'm blown away by the presentation with full bass. That is, up-down - down when using the switches. This is my favored tuning. It's a real wow because even with such deep bass, the top sparkles creating a wonderful stage.

If there's one weird thing I've noticed is that vocals sound as if they're placed a little high in the stage. I find my eyes looking up, and the effect more pronounced with eyes closed. Not saying it's bad, it's just unusual.

Continuing the journey!
1000005991.jpg

Feb 10, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #2,070 of 2,416
DSC01554.JPG

Well fellas. This combo right here is in fact the bees knees. I can't even explain to you guys just how good this sounds. Well folks that own the TSMR-X will know. What the TSMR-Xs full potential? Oh DX300Max+PB5 nutubes+ EA Cadmus X Ares S+ Penon Liqueur blacks= Some of the best sonics I have ever heard. This combo right here is just crazy. If someone here was gonna tell me I was getting this type of sound from a $399 IEM. I would have said you're crazy. Just crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back