Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Feb 8, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #2,041 of 2,410
Thanks Dsnuts :) I think I'm more a full/warm sound lover but having recently acquired what sounds to my ears like the end-game of all full/warm signatures (the Quattro - will post thoughts in the thread in a few days but quick review: it's absolutely amazing) I think this solidifies the TSMRX as the IEM for me to go for to add some diversity. My only experience of a more technical set is the S12 Pro which I don't like too much and have to heavily EQ, but I think that might be more down to the planar sound and so am interested to see what a hybrid can do. Really appreciate the help!

EST50 is a tribrid take a bit similar to how the Quattros were tuned but with a bit more mid bass a bit less upper treble emphasis. Since you own the Quattros, the TSMR-X will easily compliment that sound tuning. What the TSMR-X shares similarly to the S12pro is in its sound balancing, but that is just one tunign out of the 3 it has. S12 pro was also going for a balanced U shaped tuning much like the TSMR-X but that is about the only thing that is similar. The TSMR-X is playing on about 3 tiers more refinement over the S12 pro. It wont have that planar timbre and it wont have the upper mids glare of the S12pro or its sharp trebles. It will have some astounding imaging just the right amount of treble sparkle and one of the best quality bass ends you will hear anywhere south of 1K imo.

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #2,042 of 2,410
I'm going to say it. I had found my Desert Island IEM in the Penon 10th Anniversary IEM. Heaven to me. Things change Kundun! These Tansio Mirai 10th Anniversary X have overtaken my ex. I'm getting a divorce for my new love. Both the balanced and bass settings are stupendous. With the right cable, yes the right cable and tips these have a perfume of warmth. Always treat a beautiful woman with respect, always treat your best IEM with respect. Music is the food of the soul.

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #2,044 of 2,410
I love the Penon 10 AE ❤️. A great sounding IEM. I love the TM 10th X ❤️....more difficult to get right but amazing adaptability, and at least just as good. Hope you like bass.
I love Penon 10th also! But from early impressions at about 70 hours of burn in, the X will overtake that love because it brings the bass that 10th doesn't.
Thanks Dsnuts :) I think I'm more a full/warm sound lover but having recently acquired what sounds to my ears like the end-game of all full/warm signatures (the Quattro - will post thoughts in the thread in a few days but quick review: it's absolutely amazing) I think this solidifies the TSMRX as the IEM for me to go for to add some diversity. My only experience of a more technical set is the S12 Pro which I don't like too much and have to heavily EQ, but I think that might be more down to the planar sound and so am interested to see what a hybrid can do. Really appreciate the help!
Two amazing iems for a package under $1k that could occupy the rest of your listening time. I am already very in love with Quattro, it's my favorite Penon so far.

The combo of X and Quattro will become, I predict, my travel iems of choice.

Feb 8, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #2,045 of 2,410
Deadpool says yes!
TMSR X-1.jpg

Feb 8, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #2,046 of 2,410
Damn, I'm completely sold on the TSMR-X now but just had a couple of things to run by Penon before ordering - shot them a quick email but they're all out of office until 18th Feb!

I don't suppose anyone knows how limited the stocks are for these - if there is a chance they'll run out before Penon are back in office and replying to emails in a week or two?

Feb 8, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #2,047 of 2,410
I'm going to say it. I had found my Desert Island IEM in the Penon 10th Anniversary IEM. Heaven to me. Things change Kundun! These Tansio Mirai 10th Anniversary X have overtaken my ex. I'm getting a divorce for my new love. Both the balanced and bass settings are stupendous. With the right cable, yes the right cable and tips these have a perfume of warmth. Always treat a beautiful woman with respect, always treat your best IEM with respect. Music is the food of the soul.
Which cable/tips have you landed on at this point? A photo would be great, with your cable choice :smile:

Very excited to hear it compares favorably to the Penon 10th AE, as that was a big contender when I was choosing.

@Sheeno101 it's pretty much impossible to say, unfortunately. You gotta weight the risk/reward in waiting for your answer. That's their marketing shenanigans hard at work :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #2,048 of 2,410
Which cable/tips have you landed on at this point? A photo would be great, with your cable choice :smile:

Very excited to hear it compares favorably to the Penon 10th AE, as that was a big contender when I was choosing.

@Sheeno101 it's pretty much impossible to say, unfortunately. You gotta weight the risk/reward in waiting for your answer. That's their marketing shenanigans hard at work :wink:
This cable. It's an XINHS and probably going to be in their sale. I've paid anything between £25 - £33 for it. It is quite a heavy duty cable, so it may be too heavy duty for some.......but it is authentic and musical.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EHxMiHn XINHS have coupons worth about £8.

I use Penon XL Orange Liqueur tips. Usually I use L 14mm Spiral Dot tips, but the Penon follow my ear shape even with their 15.5mm tips.

Feb 8, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #2,049 of 2,410
Thanks @statuefiddle, figured as much! Maybe you guys might be able to help me with a couple of the queries:
  • Do you think the TSMR-X benefits from 4.4 mm, or is 3.5 mm plenty to drive them (using Jcally AP10)? I definitely notice my Quattros needing the 4.4 mm, but not so sure if I can hear the difference for my other sets (e.g. Canon II's) beyond the volume increase.
  • Do you know if they send the same IEM (I got Penon IEM with my Quattros) with every order if you select IEM for the 10th AE gift? Will select something different if it's always the same.
There was another query about a manufacturing fault on the cable that came with my Quattros, but with the above answered I can at least put in a pre-order and hopefully they see the email before shipping it :)

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #2,050 of 2,410
Thanks @statuefiddle, figured as much! Maybe you guys might be able to help me with a couple of the queries:
  • Do you think the TSMR-X benefits from 4.4 mm, or is 3.5 mm plenty to drive them (using Jcally AP10)? I definitely notice my Quattros needing the 4.4 mm, but not so sure if I can hear the difference for my other sets (e.g. Canon II's) beyond the volume increase.
  • Do you know if they send the same IEM (I got Penon IEM with my Quattros) with every order if you select IEM for the 10th AE gift? Will select something different if it's always the same.
There was another query about a manufacturing fault on the cable that came with my Quattros, but with the above answered I can at least put in a pre-order and hopefully they see the email before shipping it :)
Speaking strictly from the electrical specs of those three, the TSMR X should be closer to your Quattros (though slightly easier to drive) than they will be to your Canon IIs. Keep in mind that with a 10 ohm load like the TSMR X, most sources will be current-constrained rather than voltage, so don't listen too much to people giving voltage specs (also minimizes the difference of SE vs BAL, since BAL primarily gives you more in the voltage department). mW gets you closer to the truth but still isn't the whole story, unfortunately. Spontaneously, the AP10 seems a bit weak-sauce (not seeing any real power specs for it).

I'm pretty sure if you leave a comment with your order (there's a field for that to fill in when you pay) explaining your gift preference that they'd sort that out for you.

Hope that helps, despite being completely unfounded in experience with any of the aforementioned products :sweat_smile:

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #2,051 of 2,410
Speaking strictly from the electrical specs of those three, the TSMR X should be closer to your Quattros (though slightly easier to drive) than they will be to your Canon IIs. Keep in mind that with a 10 ohm load like the TSMR X, most sources will be current-constrained rather than voltage, so don't listen too much to people giving voltage specs (also minimizes the difference of SE vs BAL, since BAL primarily gives you more in the voltage department). mW gets you closer to the truth but still isn't the whole story, unfortunately. Spontaneously, the AP10 seems a bit weak-sauce (not seeing any real power specs for it).

I'm pretty sure if you leave a comment with your order (there's a field for that to fill in when you pay) explaining your gift preference that they'd sort that out for you.

Hope that helps, despite being completely unfounded in experience with any of the aforementioned products :sweat_smile:
Thanks for the information and the dose of common sense! I've just put in an order now for it with 4.4 mm termination :)

And yes I've often wondered about the power of the AP10, only info I've found is this site https://www.theaudiostore.in/pages/power-output-wise-amp-dac-guide which suggests it's 90 mW through 3.5 mm, and 180 mW through 4.4 mm. No idea if that is on the low (1.8 V) or high (3.8 V) gain mode but I know the Quattros sound good on high gain through 4.4 mm so very happy with it as a budget dongle!

Feb 8, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #2,052 of 2,410
Why I am a bit on the fence with the TSMR-X...I bought the Land...and I found its upper-mid/lower treble really fatiguing.

Feb 8, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #2,053 of 2,410
Ya and that might be the reason why folks might stay away. Older Tansio Mirai stuff was good but had flaws. These are nothing like the Lands and the more recent Sands.

The newer style of tuning for Tansio is much more agreeable with what folks associate with higher end stuff. Even with the Lands you can hear how special that sound could have been if the tuning was a bit better. I am not left with that same feeling on the TSMR-X. It is remarkable the job they did on this one. I bet they took their time and did a lot of RnD to include that new venting driver for the sound as well as its tuning to work with the bass boost switches.

Let me put it this way. You see this many guys gushing over the Lands and or the Sands when those were launched? The answer to that is no. The Sands had a bit too much in the trebles regardless of proper cables and tip being used on there. Those took a bit too much to nail down the sound to be correct. Something your average enthusiast will not bother with. Not to mention needing a warm source to synergize with.

The Lands had a bit too much in the upper mids and had just as much treble as the Sands. Both those IEMs sounded great with mids and bass however and the new TSMR-X has none of the previously mentioned problems. Trebles are so much better tuned vs their older sets allowing for and actual balanced sound. These are different in the best way possible. Then they took a older design for the bass end, the push pull dual dynamic coaxial drivers was first used by Audio technica for their CKR-9 and CKR10 iems. And those had some of the best dynamic bass for any IEMs at the time circa 2014. The quality of the bass has to be owned to understand. These are outstanding in every region of its sound. Now we see that in a hybrid with a proper moderate pinna gain, a proper balanced treble tuning. Tansio Mirai has figured it out. These are playing on a different level.

Feb 8, 2024 at 11:28 PM Post #2,054 of 2,410
Why I am a bit on the fence with the TSMR-X...I bought the Land...and I found its upper-mid/lower treble really fatiguing.
I feel the same way about the Land. These are nothing like them. Treble energy is great but without any fatigue. Bass is to die for and spacious. I don’t miss EST trebles at all. I’d pick these up over the Spark 100% of the time also.

Feb 9, 2024 at 4:20 AM Post #2,055 of 2,410
I've never heard A TSMR before, but there is no upper mid/treble glare on the TSMR X. They will get their warmth through the cable you use. Their staging is multi dimensional. I would say that TSMR have got, either lucky, or skilled and tuned these extremely well. On the balanced setting...bass opens up after a few hours and is top notch...with the bass setting......boom, boom....but nicely. They just need about 50 hours to open them up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back