Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Feb 2, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #1,921 of 2,409
This song is totally insane on TSMR-X…. 😅

Attachments

• IMG_2953.png
    IMG_2953.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 2, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #1,922 of 2,409
In regard to the graph uploaded, is the upper treble really that rolled off?

Feb 2, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #1,927 of 2,409
Like standing in a big hall.
Probably not. 711 clone, and amateur measuring operator😂 My ears is soon to be 52 years old! To me they sound bright and clear. Not overly bright though!

I totally got that as well, that song was like being in a big hall and I love how the sound panned from left to right and back again, like your ears are a camera taking in different angles at a performance. It was like being at a venue but all that was missing was the ambience of people.

I also agree, these do sound bright and clear but nothing overly bright with proper tip, I can consume anything. It's just right.

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #1,928 of 2,409
TM X 10th
As with any young IEM they should go to bed early. Got to bring them up properly. As I do an itsy bitsy bit of listening, I'm noticing they are more than an IEM for classical. They really rock...Depeche Mode live in Berlin, "Enjoy the Silence". Plenty of meat. Ambitionz Az A Ridah, 2 Pac...bass is well enough, even though they are pre burn-in. Lotsa bass. Makes me happy. I ❤️ bass. Changing of the Guards, Patti Smith...boy she is still relevant. I'm getting to like these. I listened to one violin track. Violins are the hardest instrument to get right. Quality IEMs get the finesse or thickness of notes right. This the TM X 10 does perfectly. (As I listen to Patti Smith 'Free Money'...I'm so old fashioned). Before I put these young IEMs to bed I must say they are Gooood. But they are clearly tip/cable dependent. I'm going to wake them up early in the morning....they need to go to play-list school.

Edit
Sorry bass guitar on Patti Smith, Smells like teen Spirit...perfect.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #1,930 of 2,409
My Tansio 10th arived.
Really nice looking shells, but I found its signature a bit boring for my tastes and souless mids.

IMG_20240202_173916.jpg

Feb 2, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #1,931 of 2,409
Looking at the IEMs you own It seems your into your colored IEM sound signatures. You need to visit the ISN thread more often. Not so much the Tansio Thread. But the good news is if you find them boring. I am willing to bet you someone here on headfi or even on this thread is willing to take them from you. It will be an easy sale.

Oh and if you havn't yet. I would use that switch tool. Flick the number 2 switch down and turn up the 1 switch.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #1,932 of 2,409
Looking at the IEMs you own It seems your into your colored IEM sound signatures. You need to visit the ISN thread more often. Not so much the Tansio Thread. But the good news is if you find them boring. I am willing to bet you someone here on headfi or even on this thread is willing to take them from you. It will be an easy sale.

Oh and if you havn't yet. I would use that switch tool. Flick the number 2 switch down and turn up the 1 switch.
Sure, I have been listening 011, cause I am more on mids and highs, I mostly listen female jazz vocals.

Will post my impressions changing switches.

Cheers.

Feb 2, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #1,933 of 2,409
Sure, I have been listening 011, cause I am more on mids and highs, I mostly listen female jazz vocals.

Will post my impressions changing switches.

Cheers.
Give them a fair shake. I think they will surprise you in the end. Try some of your other cables too. You will be surprise how much the tonality can change with a good cable pairing with them. Tips as well of course.

I dont think 011 works like you think. The switches in the end affect the bass end. 1 switch is about 10dbs of bass with an increase of lower mids for a slight added warmth, 2 swtich is 7-8dbs of bass and is the most balanced configuration, 1 switch is about 5-6dbs of bass which enhances more focus for trebles and some upper mids more so.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #1,934 of 2,409
By the way
1706903103830.png

This is a pic of the RGB but the way the switches are laid out is the same as the TSMR-X. Make sure you are getting the right switch when trying the switches. You figure it would be opposite of the switches or 123 and then 321 for left and right piece but it is 123 and 123 on both left and right like shown in the picture. Reason why I am posting this is I know some of you might not be able to see this tiny numbers all that well on the shells. Lol. Not really an intuative layout but as long as you get the right switches otherwise you will get a bigger bass bias on one side and not the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back