Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Nov 11, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #376 of 2,407
I have a few comparisons that date back to the time I reviewed the Zodiac in my review : https://iem.reviews/2020/02/13/tsmr-zodiac-stellar/ but those don't include much pricier IEMs as I didn't have many handy at the time the more expensive was the 2K€ EM10.But I had the time to compare in meetups the closest in terms of signature is U12t that is quite pricier, and it doesn't blow the Zodiac out of the water at all IMHO.

I have owned many flagships like VE8, LCD-i4 and for longer loans the Erlkönig I reviewed, the Elysium or the QDC Anole VX and auditions in meetup the likes of Odin, U18t, Infinity mk2 etc... Based on overall experience I can say that the Zodiac competes very well. It might be expensive compared to similar chinese built IEMs but the tuning mastery is also quite impressive.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #377 of 2,407
1605724016580.png

Recently got the TSMR-10. These things are just superb. I am sold on Sonion Bass BAs. Seems Knowles are lagging a bit behind Sonion when it comes to the low end. Funny thing as I got the new Dunu SA6 as well which also uses Sonion BAs for bass. In any case.

Tansio Mirai never disappoints. Sound is spacious and very dimensional as you would expect. I was told these have some similarities to the Zodiac in sound tuning. So far these are by far my best all BA set. Glad I took the plunge.

Will eventually get around to do a little write up for it but for now I am gonna enjoy the heck out of these.

Nov 20, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #379 of 2,407
Package just arrived. "TSMR8 Space" is written on the box and I don't know what to do. Unbox or not? What should I want from a seller?? :triportsad:
Reach out to them!
Tough choice, since you waited for so long.
Maybe you can ask them, if you can try them out first and see if you like them? If you like them keep them, if you don't like them, get them exchanged?
That's what i would personally ask from the seller!

Nov 23, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #380 of 2,407
Reach out to them!
Tough choice, since you waited for so long.
Maybe you can ask them, if you can try them out first and see if you like them? If you like them keep them, if you don't like them, get them exchanged?
That's what i would personally ask from the seller!
I will send TSMR8 Space back to PRC.
Found a graph of them:
tsmr8_sp.jpg

Nov 24, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #381 of 2,407
PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Nov 27, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #383 of 2,407
Feels like TSMR-5's bit brighter and detailed presentation is match made in heaven paired with the Cayin N3Pro tube triode mode.

It literally sounds like a superchaged NF Audio NM2+ with similar frequency response, but with awesome BA performance traits elevating technicalities.

Speaking of BA, TSMR-5's midrange Sonion 33AJ007I/9 drivers are one sweet and natural sounding BAs.
Vocals are really accurately portrayed with high realism, roundness and right amount of weight.

Currently on default 020 settings and enjoying the heck out of it.
It's impedance is 15-27Ω@1kHz so careful source matching is required.

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #386 of 2,407
1605724016580.png

Recently got the TSMR-10. These things are just superb. I am sold on Sonion Bass BAs. Seems Knowles are lagging a bit behind Sonion when it comes to the low end. Funny thing as I got the new Dunu SA6 as well which also uses Sonion BAs for bass. In any case.

Tansio Mirai never disappoints. Sound is spacious and very dimensional as you would expect. I was told these have some similarities to the Zodiac in sound tuning. So far these are by far my best all BA set. Glad I took the plunge.

Will eventually get around to do a little write up for it but for now I am gonna enjoy the heck out of these.

What changes between SA6 and TSMR 10?

Dec 4, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #387 of 2,407
@fabio19 You should take a look to TSMR5 or TSMR6 :wink:

Dec 4, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #388 of 2,407
Anyone else excited about the upcoming Spark flagship featuring EST?
I know I am!!!
Zodiac still one of my favorite IEM...

Those shells look stuning :heart_eyes: and a clear step up from previous TSMR IEMs...

Tansio Mirai Spark.jpg

@fabio19 follow this one :D

Dec 6, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #389 of 2,407
I couldn't find a better chart than the Tansio Mirai TSMR 10, and Tansio Mirai 8 space. The 8 space seems to have a more pronounced high range, while the line of the TSMR 10 seems "sweeter" overall. Has anyone had the opportunity to listen to the TSMR 10 and TSMR 8 in order to confirm or even subvert this analysis?

TSMR 8 Space.jpg

Tansio Mirai TSMR 10
TSMR 10 s.jpg

Dec 6, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #390 of 2,407
@fabio19 i would go with 8 space but also Spark will be amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back