Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #1,324 of 2,409
Any users of Spark with Cayin N6ii here?

I had the pleasure of trying the Akiba with the Cayin N6ii TI on Tuesday over coffee

The combo is sublime, noticeable improvement over my current pairing with the Dethonray DTR1

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #1,325 of 2,409
Jan 7, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #1,327 of 2,409
How do u find the combo with R01 module?
I do like it but prefer to use QDC VX with it as this combo gives a fuller sound. I use the Spark with the N8 in Tube mode which is a better pairing as with VX. Of course absolutely subjective

Jan 7, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #1,328 of 2,409
Any users of Spark with Cayin N6ii here?

I had the pleasure of trying the Akiba with the Cayin N6ii TI on Tuesday over coffee

The combo is sublime, noticeable improvement over my current pairing with the Dethonray DTR1
If you can try Hiby RS6 also, it should work fine with Akiba.
Dunno wich can pair better N6ii TI is great dap, RS6 should be a bit warmer but has a great transparency also.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #1,329 of 2,409
DSC09402.JPG

Wasn't expecting a premium cable with the AKIBA.

Oh man the bass end. Lol. Gonna let them run in with some music before posting any impressions.

Jan 13, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #1,330 of 2,409
So the Akiba is much like what UM did for their MEST or what CA does on a yearly basis for their flagship the Solais and Andromedas. You can look at the Akiba here as the Sparks 2.0.. The design, the driver placement, 4 way crossover with 4 bores, the BAs the EST drivers all of it is identical to the Sparks. The differences are in some new upgraded Sonion bass BA drivers for the bass end of the Akiba, a new look of course, a new name and a new upgraded cable you see in the above picture. Tansio has been reading the reviews of the Sparks it seems and they have decided to revise the Sparks accordingly and call them Akiba.

Sparks have always been in the sound rotation for me but lately I have been doing so many reviews for Fiio that when I got the Akiba last night, right away I could have sworn it was a revised Sparks not only in design but in the sound. First thing I posted about when I listened to them was the bass. Yes the upgraded BA bass has more physicality vs the previous Sparks but actual bass emphasis is identical. Beyond that however the differences between the Sparks vs the Akiba is not too different. Which imo is not a bad thing,. Sound tuning seems to be identical here as well. I want to say I can hear slightly more expansive stage vs the Sparks having just a bit more fowardness but otherwise they both trade punches in technicalities and overall SQ.

I have been burning the Akiba and will take a better listen when I get home tonight but for now. Yes the Akiba is the new epitome of Tanio Sound. It is now the new TOTL for Tansio. For folks that want the absolute best of Taniso that is what the Akiba represents. But for guys that already own the Sparks don't know if the Akiba is going to do enough for you to part ways of your money to get. Our hobby is all about upgrading. If you feel the need these are now being sold but the Sparks with a upgraded cable will get you roughly 95% of the Akiba sound. https://penonaudio.com/tansio-mirai-akiba.html

Jan 13, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #1,331 of 2,409
@Dsnuts Nice to read :) Now the big question since I raised this in my Sparks review... did they alter the switch system a bit :wink: ? Or is it similar in its impact on the signature?

Jan 13, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #1,332 of 2,409
@Dsnuts Nice to read :) Now the big question since I raised this in my Sparks review... did they alter the switch system a bit :wink: ? Or is it similar in its impact on the signature?
I think it might be just a limitation of the switch and what it can do for the sound tunings. The switch probably manipulates the crossover circuitry to enhance a bit here and there. When I did the head to head on the Akiba and Sparks both sets had 1 and 2 switch on with the 3 down. Both the Akiba and Sparks having plenty of treble I don't see the need to enhance the treble for me at least. I would have liked to see a greater bump in what the switches do but it is very minor like all the Tansio Mirais.

Jan 13, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #1,333 of 2,409
OK so with more run in the differences are starting to be more apparent. The Bass end of the Akiba is actually waking up a bit more so than last night. It does have more physicality, more punch, deeper and a touch more rumbly vs the Sparks bass. Especially noticed with a cable switch to the ISN G4. Which seems to enhance bass end even further. The difference between the bass presentations from the Sparks to the Akiba is not exactly night and day different but it only seems to be a db or two in the bass region. I noticed the bass has a slightly slower decay as well.

So the Akiba is a more bass infused Spark. Which is what some of you guys was asking for. Lol.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #1,334 of 2,409
So the Akiba is much like what UM did for their MEST or what CA does on a yearly basis for their flagship the Solais and Andromedas. You can look at the Akiba here as the Sparks 2.0.. The design, the driver placement, 4 way crossover with 4 bores, the BAs the EST drivers all of it is identical to the Sparks. The differences are in some new upgraded Sonion bass BA drivers for the bass end of the Akiba, a new look of course, a new name and a new upgraded cable you see in the above picture. Tansio has been reading the reviews of the Sparks it seems and they have decided to revise the Sparks accordingly and call them Akiba.

Sparks have always been in the sound rotation for me but lately I have been doing so many reviews for Fiio that when I got the Akiba last night, right away I could have sworn it was a revised Sparks not only in design but in the sound. First thing I posted about when I listened to them was the bass. Yes the upgraded BA bass has more physicality vs the previous Sparks but actual bass emphasis is identical. Beyond that however the differences between the Sparks vs the Akiba is not too different. Which imo is not a bad thing,. Sound tuning seems to be identical here as well. I want to say I can hear slightly more expansive stage vs the Sparks having just a bit more fowardness but otherwise they both trade punches in technicalities and overall SQ.

I have been burning the Akiba and will take a better listen when I get home tonight but for now. Yes the Akiba is the new epitome of Tanio Sound. It is now the new TOTL for Tansio. For folks that want the absolute best of Taniso that is what the Akiba represents. But for guys that already own the Sparks don't know if the Akiba is going to do enough for you to part ways of your money to get. Our hobby is all about upgrading. If you feel the need these are now being sold but the Sparks with a upgraded cable will get you roughly 95% of the Akiba sound. https://penonaudio.com/tansio-mirai-akiba.html

Great read man. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the stock SPC cable as I was expecting the thin 8 core SPC one
I am enjoying my pair and the sound has really opened up after more than 100 hours on it

Jan 13, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #1,335 of 2,409
Great read man. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the stock SPC cable as I was expecting the thin 8 core SPC one
I am enjoying my pair and the sound has really opened up after more than 100 hours on it
Akiba has taken my attention front and center and you're right the stock cable is boutique style. It is much better quality than anything Tansio has put out.

They read my review as I was complaining about it. Lol. How can you throw in a standard cheaper cable with a $1500 earphone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back