• IMG_20240131_195205.jpg
    IMG_20240131_195205.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 31, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #1,862 of 2,410
Jan 31, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #1,863 of 2,410
Mirai.jpg
TSMR.jpg

Tansio Mirai X 10th

Quick and Dirty Impressions. Mostly done on my Hifiman EF400, w/ stock 4.4 balanced cable. Haven't messed with any of the switches yet or did much source surfing, so please keep this in mind that my experience is probably not yours.

Obviously this is just from box to ear which is probably a sin and basically about an hour or two worth of listening, so don't worry if something looks off, could be a completely different story after burn in has completed and it's basically 99% done from a single source that isn't exactly reference material and is usually colored.

Default switch configuration. 1: Down | 2: UP | 3: Down

+ VERY spacious sounding. Trippy atmospheric music sounds incredible. So much so, this is probably going to be my goto here.
+ Bass punches my eardrums (Like Rocky Balboa hitting your eardrums, seriously, watch that volume dial!). Epic rumbles. Comment: The bass switch isn't even on *Eyes widen*. Texture is not much different than the Quattro. Never gets in the way, pretty sure the brightness in the treble see's to that. It's potent as all hell on the EF400, I can't imagine what the bass switch is going to do to this thing, probably play Street Fighter in my ear drums with a Ed Honda hundred hand slap.
+ Came across a song where I didn't notice reverb in a live vocal recording before mixed into a song, giving me a sense of what room they were in while recording. It was subtle but revealed none the less. Cool?
+ Vocals and instruments have a decent tone to them, seem bright, airy, well separated, nothing that you probably haven't heard before.
+/- Treble for me was a bit of a red flag on this one, VERY sibilant depending on tip. Some tips seem better than others with the sibilance. It was chiefly bright sounding female vocals and sounds that were affected. I thought this was worth mentioning here because it did happen, so choose your tips wisely. Good energy in the treble, bright leaning (not sigmot levels but bright enough, think Pula PA02), engaging. Thinking the default tips pre-installed were the best and mitigated sibilance (maybe completely?). I haven't got a good lockdown on which tips were prime offenders of the treble issue, was mostly doing a quick and dirty pass on fitment and there is plenty of opportunity to work things out with the tuning switches I imagine or things could change as burn in progresses. Just plan on swapping tips around, or, just leave the defaults in if they work.
+/- Most tips fit fine. Couldn't get a good seal with Dunu S&S any size, seems too squishy for this one and wasn't used. Default tips work, Moondrop Springtips fine. Divinus fine (bass was way too punchy at times on the EF400 (eardrums filed a restraining order with the audio police for bruising and battery), might be better for neutral source). Penon orange and black work fine, minor bit of air pressure issues with the large size. Spinfits fine.
+ Warm source friendly.
- I tend to want to turn the volume up on this one as details seem very muted at lower listening levels

Yea, so I like this set so far. I am enjoying this set for rap, rock, pop, edm, electronica, classical, new age, ambient. That's probably it for me for now but just an early peek into my thoughts right out of the box.

Jan 31, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #1,864 of 2,410

Tansio Mirai X 10th

Quick and Dirty Impressions. Mostly done on my Hifiman EF400, w/ stock 4.4 balanced cable. Haven't messed with any of the switches yet or did much source surfing, so please keep this in mind that my experience is probably not yours.

Obviously this is just from box to ear which is probably a sin and basically about an hour or two worth of listening, so don't worry if something looks off, could be a completely different story after burn in has completed and it's basically 99% done from a single source that isn't exactly reference material and is usually colored.

+ VERY spacious sounding. Trippy atmospheric music sounds incredible. So much so, this is probably going to be my goto here.
+ Bass punches my eardrums (Like Rocky Balboa hitting your eardrums, seriously, watch that volume dial!). Epic rumbles. Comment: The bass switch isn't even on *Eyes widen*. Texture is not much different than the Quattro. Never gets in the way, pretty sure the brightness in the treble see's to that. It's potent as all hell on the EF400, I can't imagine what the bass switch is going to do to this thing, probably play Street Fighter in my ear drums with a Ed Honda hundred hand slap.
+ Came across a song where I didn't notice reverb in a live vocal recording before mixed into a song, giving me a sense of what room they were in while recording. It was subtle but revealed none the less. Cool?
+ Vocals and instruments have a decent tone to them, seem bright, airy, well separated, nothing that you probably haven't heard before.
+/- Treble for me was a bit of a red flag on this one, VERY sibilant depending on tip. Some tips seem better than others with the sibilance. It was chiefly bright sounding female vocals and sounds that were affected. I thought this was worth mentioning here because it did happen, so choose your tips wisely. Good energy in the treble, bright leaning (not sigmot levels but bright enough, think Pula PA02), engaging. Thinking the default tips pre-installed were the best and mitigated sibilance (maybe completely?). I haven't got a good lockdown on which tips were prime offenders of the treble issue, was mostly doing a quick and dirty pass on fitment and there is plenty of opportunity to work things out with the tuning switches I imagine or things could change as burn in progresses. Just plan on swapping tips around, or, just leave the defaults in if they work.
+/- Most tips fit fine. Couldn't get a good seal with Dunu S&S any size, seems too squishy for this one and wasn't used. Default tips work, Moondrop Springtips fine. Divinus fine (bass was way too punchy at times on the EF400 (eardrums filed a restraining order with the audio police for bruising and battery), might be better for neutral source). Penon orange and black work fine, minor bit of air pressure issues with the large size. Spinfits fine.
+ Warm source friendly.
- I tend to want to turn the volume up on this one as details seem very muted at lower listening levels

Yea, so I like this set so far. I am enjoying this set for rap, rock, pop, edm, electronica, classical, new age, ambient. That's probably it for me for now but just an early peek into my thoughts right out of the box.
Don't like the VERY sibilant part...

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #1,865 of 2,410
Mirai.jpgTSMR.jpg

Tansio Mirai X 10th

+ Warm source friendly.

thank you for the post. these look gorgeous, can you speak to the build quality a bit?

Jan 31, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #1,866 of 2,410
Mirai.jpgTSMR.jpg

Tansio Mirai X 10th

+ Warm source friendly.

Seems like it would work well with a 1 bit dac or R2R dac/amp

Jan 31, 2024 at 8:16 PM Post #1,867 of 2,410
Don'y like the VERY sibilant part...
I'll be looking into that more later. The pre-installed tip is not having any problems, so far. *crosses fingers*.
thank you for the post. these look gorgeous, can you speak to the build quality a bit?
Appreciated! They do have a nice look to them. The shell seems to be the same kinds they use on other Penon sets but with a fancier textured faceplate. One of my pin holes was a bit tighter and needed minor massaging to get in.
Seems like it would work well with a 1 bit dac or R2R dac/amp
The EF400 I am using is a R2R dac/amp, it does indeed work well with this. Doing a quick switch from a Tempotec V6 which is dead neutral for me, I'm getting way more bass and a warmer tone with the EF400.

Jan 31, 2024 at 8:37 PM Post #1,868 of 2,410
One of my pin holes was a bit tighter and needed minor massaging to get in.
my Neo 5 was this way, very tight on the left monitor...

Jan 31, 2024 at 8:45 PM Post #1,869 of 2,410
my Neo 5 was this way, very tight on the left monitor...
Just so happens to be the left monitor on this one as well but I am happy to report that reseats are much easier now.

Jan 31, 2024 at 9:23 PM Post #1,870 of 2,410
Don't like the VERY sibilant part...

Two things regarding the trebles on the TSMR-X. They do sound a bit grainy for trebles on open listen. The next day after burning them in overnight this aspect smooths out. I highly recommend a music burn in overnight at moderate listening volumes to work out the drivers for better cohesion and this also starts to smooth out the treble region.

There is plenty of trebles but even with the stock cable the trebles become more sculpted after some burn in.

The other aspect. These do have from what I am hearing a very mild 8khz bump. Now hear me out I know it is a popular notion that somehow if you have an 8khz emphasis this will cause hearing fatigue and cause a bit of sibilance, it can if there is a spike in the region. I don't think it's an actual spike but the treble does cover the region. This portion is easily mitigated by using of all things..

A different cable. Just so you guys know. The cable that comes with the TSMR-X is the same exact cable that came with the Sands.. Any sands owner will tell you that is the first thing they ditched because. While it is a nice throw in cable. It skews the sound toward the trebles of all things. Actually enhances trebles and detail. There is nothing wrong about that per se but considering these TSMR IEMs all have ample treble emphasis. Is a cable needed to enhance the treble area?

My answer to that is no. What they should have gone with is a hybrid cable with mostly copper cores. Tansio is guilty of just giving the consumer the best they have so in that sense I dont blame them but. Its not a cable that matches perfectly with the sound of the TSMR-X imo.

Try a different cable. I bet you will be surprised. ( As a side note. Use the TSMR-X cable on your other more warmer musical IEMs like the Penon Quattros or the ISN NEO3. NEO5 It will match even better with something like that)

TSMR-X deserves a much better cable imo. The sound is too good not to have a well matching cable to synergize with that sound.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #1,871 of 2,410

Tansio Mirai X 10th

+ Warm source friendly.

I mostly agree with your first impressions, even with volume point.
Just that i don't felt the treble very sibilant (maybe from the source too? i used penon orange tips and then changed for the sctock that came inserted with the iem because i need the S size on penon orange).
Today i'm using them with ibasso dc06pro at office and i feel the treble got more smoother.
I didn't try different cables yet as i don't have any good hybrid cable (I'm looking to buy one right now) and different switch configuration.

edit: forgot to mention: medium size shell, very comfortable

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 6:51 AM Post #1,872 of 2,410
Tansio Mirai TSMR-X…. Think these are going to be easy to like, if not love!
@Dsnuts did not exaggerate sound quality as far as I am concerned!
I have only listened for one hour, and usually I have some burn in smoothing of sound, whether it is brain or driver. But so far so good.
Cable is OK. Nothing more. Useless chin slider. (Too loose).

Feb 1, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #1,873 of 2,410
I mostly agree with your first impressions, even with volume point.
Just that i don't felt the treble very sibilant (maybe from the source too? i used penon orange tips and then changed for the sctock that came inserted with the iem because i need the S size on penon orange).
Today i'm using them with ibasso dc06pro at office and i feel the treble got more smoother.
I didn't try different cables yet as i don't have any good hybrid cable (I'm looking to buy one right now) and different switch configuration.

edit: forgot to mention: medium size shell, very comfortable

I've been hammering at it all night. The sibilance is tip related.

The EF400 that I am using for the maiden voyage of the TSMR X is the least of my problems when it comes to sibilance, even on the nastiest of headphones or IEMs (typically it is the cure). With the stock tips, I have NOT encountered any sibilance, not once.

I've been trying to find ear murdering anime songs to test for this like Ado, then playback at ear murdering volume levels. No problems. Speaking of Ado, this set can absolutely handle high energy, busy sounding tracks with ease. I thought I was set on murdering my ears but instead they got pleasured. 🤷‍♂️

A rhetorical question, is there anything this IEM can't do at this point.

Even if there is more benefits to extended burn in, I'm all set, good as is. I am pleased with this purchase, perhaps even sated.

I still have other things to do yet, have a wealth of sources to swap to, cables to change and will re-evaluate different tips later on, plus I still have the tuning switches to play with which have been untouched so far. As far as I am concerned this set is a slam dunk.

Feb 1, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #1,874 of 2,410
<snip>

A rhetorical question, is there anything this IEM can't do at this point. Even if there is more benefits to extended burn in, I'm all set, good as is. I am pleased with this purchase, perhaps even sated.

<snip>
If you have a r2r dac like HibyFC6, that sibilance will be handled without any fuss. So, this set looks a gem, eh? Just waiting for @dharmasteve 's impressions on how it handles classical music, including Indian classical. Then it will be very difficult to ignore this (for me, that is). Argh ... if only a local shop gets this, I can then do it in EMIs, and not feel too divided over it.
Note to myself: Wait, see if the buy-now-or-die-you-loser feeling passes!

Feb 1, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #1,875 of 2,410
TSMR-X has some solid trebles. Again this is actually the specialty of a Tansio Mirai IEM. I am glad they reigned in some of the treble emphasis of IEMs past and to me it sounds incredibly balanced well extended and does have that treble sparkle and air that gets addictive.

Again there is a reason why Tansio Mirai called this particular set 10th anniversary. They are not going to throw out something not worthy of that branding. I am learning more about what the switches do and how both cables and tips affect the sound profile. The good news is these are supremely flexable to how you want to hear them. And like all Tansio Mirai IEMs.

If you never been a believer of cables. You will be once you use cables on these.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back