Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 14, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #496 of 1,514
Had an opportunity to test a few other IEM's on a meeting witth a few {new} friends the other day, was very happy to stack up the Oxy to other IEMs, like the iSine10s and the more popular Kanas Pro. Funny how both of them seem to be way bigger in pictures than they actually are in person, specially the KP. Wish i had more time with the iSine, as impratical as it is (being an openback IEM, kinda defeats the purpose a bit for me, even though i can think of uses I'd have for them). The Oxygen being the darker of the bunch, but also having the biggest base emphasis and punch. Got me to know other things, and like mine even more as well, great experience :)

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #497 of 1,514
I saw some comments about the release of Oxygen MK2, I wanted to pull the trigger on Oxygen. Now I was in doubt between waiting and buying Oxygen now.
The same thing happened with Moondrop and I chose to buy Kxxs, I thought the changes in the sound were not for the best.

Oct 28, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #498 of 1,514
I saw some comments about the release of Oxygen MK2, I wanted to pull the trigger on Oxygen. Now I was in doubt between waiting and buying Oxygen now.
The same thing happened with Moondrop and I chose to buy Kxxs, I thought the changes in the sound were not for the best.

I'm in the same boat myself. What I am most concerned about is if pricing is going to be similar. Hopefully the limited edition's longer nozzle will be incorporated as well in Mk2. As for sound, I'm hoping it will build on Oxygen's strengths (as it has received plenty praise). I think I'm going to be making a decision when the Mk2 is released, myself.

By the way, a Mk2 has been concretely confirmed, has it?

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #502 of 1,514
Hi,

Anyone compared these to the bgvp dm6/7 iem:s?
Probably not so easy to compare when one uses single driver and the other one 5-6 drivers.. but sound wise comparison..

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #504 of 1,514
Hi,

Anyone compared these to the bgvp dm6/7 iem:s?
Probably not so easy to compare when one uses single driver and the other one 5-6 drivers.. but sound wise comparison..
If you have only tried multi-BA, it's worthwhile to single dynamics a try, but try something tuned like the Oxygen or Moondrop KXXS, etc..

Single dynamics have a different timbre than BAs. Personally, I like Dynamic driver timbre than most BA stuff I've tried.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #505 of 1,514
fyi, oxygen is reverse polarity

C17010E7-3A85-4E36-80D8-01FD0D93EE22.jpeg

Jan 17, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #506 of 1,514
Had an opportunity to test a few other IEM's on a meeting witth a few {new} friends the other day, was very happy to stack up the Oxy to other IEMs, like the iSine10s and the more popular Kanas Pro. Funny how both of them seem to be way bigger in pictures than they actually are in person, specially the KP. Wish i had more time with the iSine, as impratical as it is (being an openback IEM, kinda defeats the purpose a bit for me, even though i can think of uses I'd have for them). The Oxygen being the darker of the bunch, but also having the biggest base emphasis and punch. Got me to know other things, and like mine even more as well, great experience :)
Oxygen shouldn't be darker than KPE. Maybe iSine10 due to the usual Audeze planar upper-mids suck-out. Tonally, iSines and LCDi4 are badly responsed. They tried to tell people that Cipher cablw or Reveal EQ fixes it, but they do not, but instill placebo in people's minds.

Jan 17, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #508 of 1,514
Wow, I had no idea! How did you find this out?
did some cable rolling and SQ not good, only found out after checking on multi-meter tester.
polarity is reverse.

Jan 17, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #510 of 1,514
stock cable is reverse polarity, so officially tancjim oxygem is reverse polarity on 2pin

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back