Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 5, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #946 of 1,514
My O2 is still on pre order for 5 days..can't wait for it to arrive :relaxed::relaxed: I have done my research about it..read all the articles, threads and cross referencing different reviews that I have come across..This is the only iem that stand out for me compared to other newly released "hype" iems.. I have high expectations for it, currently I only have blon 03 as my daily driver and have not tested any iems:neutral_face::neutral_face: Bl 03 is good but I want something refined, natural tonality, clean with excellent technicalities and lifelike/organic presentation.

will update if it arrives :):)

Dec 5, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #947 of 1,514
My O2 is still on pre order for 5 days..can't wait for it to arrive :relaxed::relaxed: I have done my research about it..read all the articles, threads and cross referencing different reviews that I have come across..This is the only iem that stand out for me compared to other newly released "hype" iems.. I have high expectations for it, currently I only have blon 03 as my daily driver and have not tested any iems:neutral_face::neutral_face: Bl 03 is good but I want something refined, natural tonality, clean with excellent technicalities and lifelike/organic presentation.

will update if it arrives

Dec 7, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #948 of 1,514
I checked my oxygens cable and it has inverted polarity on both sides. Is it ok if I use 3rd party cable with normal polarity? I'm not sure, but I think it's fine since it will be still in phase ,am I right about this?

Dec 9, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #949 of 1,514
Surely you have already talked about it, but how does Oxygen compare with NM2+? Timbre, detail, clarity?

Is it worth double the price? Which of the two is less aggressive in upper mid and treble and less tiring to listen to?

Dec 9, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #950 of 1,514
I checked my oxygens cable and it has inverted polarity on both sides. Is it ok if I use 3rd party cable with normal polarity? I'm not sure, but I think it's fine since it will be still in phase ,am I right about this?
You are correct as long as both side match. Some say they can detect inverted polarity, but I am a sceptic!

Dec 9, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #951 of 1,514

U can use this youtube link to check that you are in phase:

It is pretty obvious if you are out of phase, music sounds like it is coming from behind the ears and sounds awkward.

Dec 16, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #954 of 1,514
@RikudouGoku have you ever tried the blon 03 mesh mod on the oxygen? My oxygen are still in repair but I am trying to think of ways to improve it when I receive them back.
Is that the mesh removal? Oxygens are really bright to begin with, not sure what it would accomplish.

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #955 of 1,514
@RikudouGoku have you ever tried the blon 03 mesh mod on the oxygen? My oxygen are still in repair but I am trying to think of ways to improve it when I receive them back.
As @MrDelicious says, the oxygen is already bright to begin with. So that mesh mod might potentially make it even brighter which would make it have too much treble for me.

Dec 16, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #956 of 1,514
As @MrDelicious says, the oxygen is already bright to begin with. So that mesh mod might potentially make it even brighter which would make it have too much treble for me.
There's very mixed impressions when it comes to if the oxygens are bright or dark. I'm from the dark view which is likely due to the tanchjim upgrade copper cable that a lot of people must of purchased with them. The oxygens sounded too smooth and lacking a bit of liveliness for me at the time that's why I thought the mod would increase more resolution and inject some life into them.

Dec 16, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #957 of 1,514
There's very mixed impressions when it comes to if the oxygens are bright or dark. I'm from the dark view which is likely due to the tanchjim upgrade copper cable that a lot of people must of purchased with them. The oxygens sounded too smooth and lacking a bit of liveliness for me at the time that's why I thought the mod would increase more resolution and inject some life into them.
DARK????

Thats the term I would never use with them lol. And no...a cable wont change the tonality THAT much even if you are a cable believer....

But if you want it to be brighter, then the mod should help with that (assuming it gets the same changes as the blon 03).

Dec 16, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #958 of 1,514
DARK????

Thats the term I would never use with them lol. And no...a cable wont change the tonality THAT much even if you are a cable believer....

But if you want it to be brighter, then the mod should help with that (assuming it gets the same changes as the blon 03).
Interesting... The dark view is actually shared by quite a lot of people if you've heard many impressions of them lol.

Dec 16, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #959 of 1,514
Interesting... The dark view is actually shared by quite a lot of people if you've heard many impressions of them lol.
Damn, I would describe them as bright-neutral and can accept neutral. But dark?? nope. :joy:

Dec 16, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #960 of 1,514
It sounds like you need the Hana instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back