Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 10, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #918 of 1,521
I assume the Oxygen is going EOL cos I just bought one on AE for 166€ which seems like a pretty steep drop.

Oct 10, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #919 of 1,521
I assume the Oxygen is going EOL cos I just bought one on AE for 166€ which seems like a pretty steep drop.
Was that during a big sale, with stacked coupons? Or are you talking about the HANA? I don’t see any similar prices.

Oct 10, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #920 of 1,521
Was that during a big sale, with stacked coupons? Or are you talking about the HANA? I don’t see any similar prices.
I dont see any similar prices either. Cheapest seems to be from niceHCK where you should be able to get it at around 250 usd.

Oct 10, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #921 of 1,521
Seller is KRHifi. Granted, a ton of it is coins.

1602350362124.png

Oct 13, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #922 of 1,521
Ok so I have been listening to the HANA for few hours and I got dreaded listening fatigue. But! Here is super easy reversible mod you can do to fix the upper Mids and lower treble issue. You don’t even need to buy anything separately. Only need a pair of sharp tweezers.

When you look inside one of the box when you purchase the HANA, there is this strip of extra dust filters (like 10 extra pairs and high quality!). You peel one for each channel and add on top of the original one. Super simple and it now sounds even smoother than the oxygen.

Make sure you use wide bore eartips like azla sedna lights that I am using to get the perfect seal and say hello to BASS!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tan...pressions-thread.901366/page-49#post-15723927

B4AC44D5-DF50-4015-BB99-7957D1D9F27E.jpeg

Finally got around to measure stock vs stacked filter mod.
I pair the stack filtered HANA with a Nicehck pure silver cable and still enjoying it very much.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #923 of 1,521
Oct 13, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #924 of 1,521
How do you think the HANA compares to the NM2+, in general?

I enjoy listening to them both equally.

Tonally the Hana is a little bit more laid back than the NM2+ and not as bright with a slightly warmish tone and a fuller body to the note. Bass on the Hana doesn’t quite have the low-end definition of the NM2+ and it’s a bit softer in the attack. Decay seems similarly natural on both. Hana has more elevated mid bass and overall more bass quantity than the NM2+.

Vocals and the mid-range on NM2+ are clearer sounding with a little more texture and detail than the Hana. The NM+ driver is the speedier and cleaner of the two. Upper treble performance is better on the NM2+ with a fast and detailed, but never splashy or hot in tonality. They both have similar upper mids and lower treble presence, but Hana sounds bit peakier without modding. Overall Hana doesn’t seem to have that same sense of articulation, sparkle and treble extension.

Certainly, the NM2+ feels more energetic, cleaner, and more like a monitoring device than the Hana. Both are detailed but the slightly more dynamic nature of the NM2+ will make you feel you are hearing more micro detail.

The Hana is a touch harder to drive also than the NM2+ and worse fitting due to a very short nozzle. I do love the Hana when amped but on my iPhone, NM2+ seems to be just a bit more engaging and better tuned overall.

Oct 13, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #925 of 1,521

Tonally the Hana is a little bit more laid back than the NM2+ and not as bright with a slightly warmish tone and a fuller body to the note. Bass on the Hana doesn’t quite have the low-end definition of the NM2+ and it’s a bit softer in the attack. Decay seems similarly natural on both. Hana has more elevated mid bass and overall more bass quantity than the NM2+.

Vocals and the mid-range on NM2+ are clearer sounding with a little more texture and detail than the Hana. The NM+ driver is the speedier and cleaner of the two. Upper treble performance is better on the NM2+ with a fast and detailed, but never splashy or hot in tonality. They both have similar upper mids and lower treble presence, but Hana sounds bit peakier without modding. Overall Hana doesn’t seem to have that same sense of articulation, sparkle and treble extension.

Certainly, the NM2+ feels more energetic, cleaner, and more like a monitoring device than the Hana. Both are detailed but the slightly more dynamic nature of the NM2+ will make you feel you are hearing more micro detail.

The Hana is a touch harder to drive also than the NM2+ and worse fitting due to a very short nozzle. I do love the Hana when amped but on my iPhone, NM2+ seems to be just a bit more engaging and better tuned overall.
Thanks for the excellent comparison! One reason I asked is because the HANA graph looks quite appealing, with the stacked filters to smooth things out.

Oct 14, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #926 of 1,521

Very nice and helpful comparison , please sir write a little bit more about the sound stage and technicalities on both iems , thanks ,

Oct 14, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #927 of 1,521
Oct 15, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #928 of 1,521
2098BCBF-1900-4699-958D-DE47D4AB6B3D.jpeg

4355A59D-582F-46A9-B749-44B0E92F2A7F.jpeg
03FD13AE-E4CF-4780-9518-5A3E05ED8E58.png

I just received the Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec and tried it on HANA (with stacked filters). After few minutes, I was like wait this sounds like my Moondrop Blessing 2, but without the coherency / timbre issue.

Pretty stoked to hear another sonic flavor out of the Hana.

for classical music, this HANA sounds more correct than the UM MEST.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #929 of 1,521
My review of the Hana. I absolutely love these, and they've become my new favorites very quickly. Nice work, Tanchjim!

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #930 of 1,521
Now listening to the Oxygen and while these are pretty superb in most ways, but damn they have some really excessive upper treble energy at around 12k or so. Easy to EQ out, but I really got my ears ringing before I even realized what was going on. D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back