Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 18, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #901 of 1,575
Hey guys new here!! I think I have read all the reviews of Tanchjim O2 and other comparisons but this one struck me the most.. I am so close in buying the KXXS but this thread convinced me to save up and get this instead. So I was wondering how did it hold up considering it is now a 1 year old released iem? Does anyone encounter any issues with their sets? Thank you!

i think tanchjim have one of the best QC in chi-fi, so far i rarely seen anyone have problem with their cans , but well its maybe also because they dont have that many user like other brands yet

I don’t have the Oxygen, but FWIW, it has already been out for a while (ages by today’s standards), and it has remained on my wishlist. I’ve tried hard to come up with reasons why it is not something I want, but I haven’t been successful thus far. Excitement (not hype) for it still remains after that much time, so I know it must be the real deal. I just recently got the UM MEST, yet I still want the O2.

well like nike said, just do it ! ; )
or maybe wait till sale like previous time

Sep 19, 2020 at 2:14 AM Post #902 of 1,575
I don’t have the Oxygen, but FWIW, it has already been out for a while (ages by today’s standards), and it has remained on my wishlist. I’ve tried hard to come up with reasons why it is not something I want, but I haven’t been successful thus far. Excitement (not hype) for it still remains after that much time, so I know it must be the real deal. I just recently got the UM MEST, yet I still want the O2.

You’re starting to sound like me, on to a new shiny thing soon after getting the last shiny thing. 😂

Sep 19, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #903 of 1,575
But the Oxygen is a great sounding IEM ... I gave my black set to a friend, but I keep thinking I need to own these again. 👍

Sep 19, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #905 of 1,575
they have nice chicks over there at Tanchjim boot
834d8437gy1ginqqk3maoj20u0140ahu.jpg

Sep 19, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #907 of 1,575
You’re starting to sound like me, on to a new shiny thing soon after getting the last shiny thing. 😂
Tragically, I am that way :disappointed:. I really enjoy my IEMs, but I love variety, and haven’t been able to conquer my curiosity. At least I’m improving some. Photography and luxury watches were MUCH more expensive hobbies.

Sep 19, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #908 of 1,575
Tragically, I am that way :disappointed:. I really enjoy my IEMs, but I love variety, and haven’t been able to conquer my curiosity. At least I’m improving some. Photography and luxury watches were MUCH more expensive hobbies.

Living in the days of covid and not spending money on entertainment, I used it as an excuse to expand my IEM collection. I do, however, have a limit of six sets, albeit mostly expensive sets, but I have a feeling I’m going to bump that to eight sets soon.

Never collected watches, but I was into photography for many years before the advent of cell phone cameras, and had some Leicas and a Contax 35mm. I sold it all when I realized the truism in this hobby, the best camera is the one on you. Fortunately, cell cameras have gotten much better over the years, but they’re not a Leica. I love high end German made products with their fit and finish.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #909 of 1,575
Living in the days of covid and not spending money on entertainment, I used it as an excuse to expand my IEM collection. I do, however, have a limit of six sets, albeit mostly expensive sets, but I have a feeling I’m going to bump that to eight sets soon.

Never collected watches, but I was into photography for many years before the advent of cell phone cameras, and had some Leicas and a Contax 35mm. I sold it all when I realized the truism in this hobby, the best camera is the one on you. Fortunately, cell cameras have gotten much better over the years, but they’re not a Leica. I love high end German made products with their fit and finish.
Yes, gotta love Leica and Zeiss glass, but my cell phone camera is also my main camera now, unless I plan ahead for a specific occasion.

Sep 19, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #910 of 1,575
Yes, gotta love Leica and Zeiss glass, but my cell phone camera is also my main camera now, unless I plan ahead for a specific occasion.
For random around-town shots for sure, but any kind of detail shot it's gonna be no comparison whatsoever between my iPhone and my A7rIII and Batis glass. Apples to oranges sure, but it all depends on the application.

Sep 19, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #911 of 1,575
For random around-town shots for sure, but any kind of detail shot it's gonna be no comparison whatsoever between my iPhone and my A7rIII and Batis glass. Apples to oranges sure, but it all depends on the application.
Of course, it’s no comparison, especially if talking about Batis lenses. I was just referring to casual photos, or photos of an unexpected once-in-a-lifetime shot. Those are times when the camera you have is the best camera.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #912 of 1,575
Of course, it’s no comparison, especially if talking about Batis lenses. At least I’m just referring to casual photos, or photos of an unexpected once-in-a-lifetime shot. Those are times when the camera you have is the best camera.
Oh absolutely. I've left the ILC home much more than I would have before. But there have also been times I've deeply regretted not bringing it, even though modern smartphone cameras are quite capable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back