Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #886 of 1,575
Btw anyone know how i can contact the tanchjim store directly? I need to get my oxygens fixed asap but the Ali express store i ordered from still haven't replied back. I've also figured that i only damaged the materials inside and not the drivers so repair should not be that costly.
what happened?

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #887 of 1,575
Btw anyone know how i can contact the tanchjim store directly? I need to get my oxygens fixed asap but the Ali express store i ordered from still haven't replied back. I've also figured that i only damaged the materials inside and not the drivers so repair should not be that costly.

By material do you mean the nozzle filter? If yes, they add spare filters in the box, so you can replace yourself.

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #888 of 1,575
By material do you mean the nozzle filter? If yes, they add spare filters in the box, so you can replace yourself.
I was an idiot at the time and learnt my lesson. I was trying to fine tune the iem a bit further by poking a pin inside the vent and moving around the spongy material to tweak the bass performance. I did manage to get a better tuning for me but the problem was i could not keep it consistent on both sides so after playing around with it for a long time i could no longer locate the spongy material and the sound became a mess.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #889 of 1,575
Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #890 of 1,575
Got a nice black pair of Oxygens coming in next week. I haven't been this excited to get something in quite a while!!
I know they‘re very different, but once you get your new O2s, would you mind comparing general characteristics with your MEST?

Sep 14, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #891 of 1,575
Tanchjim Hana ($159) and NF Audio NM2+ ($169)

Tonally the Hana is a little bit more laid back than the NM2+ and not as bright with a slightly warmish tone and a fuller body to the note. Bass on the Hana doesn’t quite have the low-end definition of the NM2+ and it’s a bit softer in the attack. Decay seems similarly natural on both. Hana has more elevated mid bass and overall more bass quantity than the NM2+.

Vocals and the mid-range on NM2+ are clearer sounding with a little more texture and detail than the Hana. The NM+ driver is the speedier and cleaner of the two. Upper treble performance is better on the NM2+ with a fast and detailed, but never splashy or hot in tonality. They both have similar upper mids and lower treble presence, but Hana sounds bit peakier without modding. Overall Hana doesn’t seem to have that same sense of articulation, sparkle and treble extension.

Certainly, the NM2+ feels more energetic, cleaner, and more neutral than the Hana. Both are detailed but the slightly more dynamic nature of the NM2+ will make you feel you are hearing more micro detail.

The Hana is a touch harder to drive also than the NM2+ and worse fitting due to a very short nozzle. I do love the Hana when amped but on my iPhone, NM2+ seems to be just a bit more engaging and better tuned overall.
Very nice comparison , can you please write a little bit about the sound stage and other technicalities , thanks .

Sep 14, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #892 of 1,575
For me it is dark and relaxing with the tanchjim upgrade cable that i purchased with it but after changing to the stock cables it sounds a lot brighter with more upper mids and thinner note weight. The upgrade cable matches very well imho and gives it an effortless, spacious sound and good technical performance but can sound a bit too relaxed and not engaging enough for my personal preferences while the stock cables made the sound too lean for my tastes aswell. I love most things about the o2 but I'm a vocals lover and feel this is one area this iem falls a little behind. Whilst vocals sound well separated and spacious, they lack that raw power for male vocals and can sound a bit too polite at times.

I also own the fdx1 which i prefer a bit more only because the mids are more improved with better details, clarity, speed and realism but they definitely are thin sounding even more so then o2 (with tanchjim upgrade cable). Kanas pro also have better mids and thickness i desire but they have a slower driver these days which makes the sound a touch muddy. Nm2+ is on the way and I've been told is makes the fdx1 sound weak sauce in comparison. Can't wait to get my hands on them! :)
I am very interested in NM2+ and am also a mids/vocals lover so eagerly waiting for your impressions about the NM2+ 😊

Sep 15, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #893 of 1,575
Oxygen in the saddle! Got a nice black pair.
IMG_20200915_071514 (1).jpg

Sep 16, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #894 of 1,575
Eagerly waiting for the comparison between NM2+ and Oxygen

Sep 16, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #895 of 1,575
Sep 16, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #896 of 1,575
btw is there any good dongle that have good pairing with hana? currently using tempotec sonata hd pro, but it feels its can do more, and even my lg phone with quad dac doing better than tempotec sonata hd pro...my budget around $100 ish

well i heard from some people that 9038s doing great with hana, but its my last alternative (very long shipment, and expensive tax)

Sep 18, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #899 of 1,575
Hey guys new here!! I think I have read all the reviews of Tanchjim O2 and other comparisons but this one struck me the most.. I am so close in buying the KXXS but this thread convinced me to save up and get this instead. So I was wondering how did it hold up considering it is now a 1 year old released iem? Does anyone encounter any issues with their sets? Thank you!

Sep 18, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #900 of 1,575
Hey guys new here!! I think I have read all the reviews of Tanchjim O2 and other comparisons but this one struck me the most.. I am so close in buying the KXXS but this thread convinced me to save up and get this instead. So I was wondering how did it hold up considering it is now a 1 year old released iem? Does anyone encounter any issues with their sets? Thank you!
I don’t have the Oxygen, but FWIW, it has already been out for a while (ages by today’s standards), and it has remained on my wishlist. I’ve tried hard to come up with reasons why it is not something I want, but I haven’t been successful thus far. Excitement (not hype) for it still remains after that much time, so I know it must be the real deal. I just recently got the UM MEST, yet I still want the O2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back