Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 15, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #406 of 1,514
I don't know exactly this is Oxygen 2 or what , today Tanchjim Facebook share these pics ,

Thats the original tanchjim oxygen, it just takes 2 oxygen atoms to form an oxygen molecule, so O2 is just a formula or other way of saying oxygen.

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #408 of 1,514
So, got my pair 2 weeks ago, as a gift for myself.
Having the Tin T3 and KZ ZS10, both are good for their prices, but I really wanted an upgrade for my daily commute. When these shown up on a local forum, I debated myself a lot... but got them nonetheless.

And I must say, boy, how amazing these little guys sound! I really like the Harman Target FR, and these guys follow it pretty closely. T3's highs would get piercing with ease sometimes, so a few songs wre kinda hard to listen to, even on lower volumes (I never listen to music too loud, but they can get sibilant with a few cymbals or guitars with steel strings.
Not these! The highs are there, a little rolled off, but deliciously done, never fatiguing. Base is super controled for a IEM with that amout of impact. Both of my older IEM's have more base volume, but none of them come close to that control in the lower frequencies.

Solid, solid option. Using the T3 foams on it, while i was never a fan of foams on the T3, they compliment the Oxygen nicely, adding a little sparkle where it's really welcome.
Sometimes, these make me rethink my open back cans, for how good and detailed they sound. Of couse, my full size headphones do a lot these can't do, but the sheer praticality of IEM's is also hard to beat.

TcjpDT4.png

undefined

Aug 17, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #409 of 1,514
Btw, it's the 4th anniversary of Tachnjim today and apparently they will be releasing a limited anniversary edition oxygen with their mascot Asano Tanch on the faceplates, updated drivers and exchangeable tuning nozzles. There will be only 500 units, so I guess it will be quite impossible to get one outside China, but maybe they will also release an updated standard version shortly after
ECIeyyvUEAEj6UJ

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #413 of 1,514
Nice one. Btw, just saw crinacle's tentative review title and ranking and I'll just say that the ranking is high, pretty high in comparison to most of the things in this price range

where and what tier did he put?

Aug 19, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #416 of 1,514
Seem like they making custom now.

Edit- nvm, someone already posted about it.

Seriously, I can't wait for this. The fit and cable were the only things that kept me from fully enjoying this incredible IEM. That I still have mine despite those issues and against other, pricier IEMs is a testament to how right Tanchjim got the sound.

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #417 of 1,514
Seriously, I can't wait for this. The fit and cable were the only things that kept me from fully enjoying this incredible IEM. That I still have mine despite those issues and against other, pricier IEMs is a testament to how right Tanchjim got the sound.
I absolutely agree. I heard them the first time at my local shop when they were pretty much unknown at the time and I still like it so much that I have to buy it.

Aug 19, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #419 of 1,514
I wonder what the thing at the bottom of the faceplate is. Possibly a controlled vent like the 64 audio apex? Or just an assembly screw?

The O2s are vented. I imagine it's a vent :)

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #420 of 1,514
I’m getting more and more tempted by these. Sound appears to be just what I’m looking for. Just trying to work out how problematic fit is. I’m offloading some CA Lyras because I found them a little uncomfortable and constantly had to readjust them to maintain a good seal on the go, how annoying is the fit with the Oxygens, or is it just a case of tip-rolling till tu find something that works?

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back