Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 1, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #376 of 1,514
Wow.. I just had my first experience with the LG V30 and Tanchjin Oxygen iem.. absolutely amazing pair.. need to listen more
The O2s do better with more juice. Unplug your IEMs, plug the cable into the phone, then plug your IEMs back into your cable. You now have double the output current to play with. The DDs (and your ears) will thank you.

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #378 of 1,514
I wasn't expecting much changes coming from my stock hybrid but damn O2 + JVC Spiral Dot it's another beast now. That vocal performance and this similar full-size soundstage it's highly addictive.

2fOG6Hh.jpg

Loving this combo!

Jul 3, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #379 of 1,514
I wasn't expecting much changes coming from my stock hybrid but damn O2 + JVC Spiral Dot it's another beast now. That vocal performance and this similar full-size soundstage it's highly addictive.

2fOG6Hh.jpg

Loving this combo!

Nice.. Spiral dots make mid bass not so bloated, tamed harshness and make soundstage largerrrrr..
but remember in cost of slightly hazy/blur imaging and tone down micro details. I'm a spiral dots addicts

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #380 of 1,514
@chickenmoon can you please compare the ath ckr100 to the oxygen when you get time? I am especially interested in soundstage, vocals and clarity. The only audio technica iem I have tried are the ath e40 a long time back but for some reason it was one of my worst purchases as it sounded very dull and closed in. I think @H3ll@Broke has heard both the kpe and ckr100 but he prefers the kpe for its better vocals. I am really interested in your thoughts if you get time to compare.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #381 of 1,514
Has anyone compared these to the CA Lyra II? I’ve got them and really like them, but looking for something that is considerably more airy and open, with better detail, for classical etc... at least some reviews suggest these might do the trick, but hard to know...

Aug 11, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #382 of 1,514
Nice.. Spiral dots make mid bass not so bloated, tamed harshness and make soundstage largerrrrr..
but remember in cost of slightly hazy/blur imaging and tone down micro details. I'm a spiral dots addicts
You're onto something here. There's some aspects I like about Spiral Dots, but also not. I think the part I do not like is caused from the large bore sizing. I wish they make varieties of bore sizes. I always found Symbio W's 4.5mm, about the right size for shallow-fits that are finicky to bore sizing. I do like fit and isolation of Spiral Dots though.

Aug 11, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #383 of 1,514
You're onto something here. There's some aspects I like about Spiral Dots, but also not. I think the part I do not like is caused from the large bore sizing. I wish they make varieties of bore sizes. I always found Symbio W's 4.5mm, about the right size for shallow-fits that are finicky to bore sizing. I do like fit and isolation of Spiral Dots though.
Absolutely agree with you here. Sometimes, though I find the Spiral dots fit TOO well- that is, they can create quite a bit of pressure with heavier IEMs that move around a bit and the pressure changes can be very unpleasant!

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #385 of 1,514
Absolutely agree with you here. Sometimes, though I find the Spiral dots fit TOO well- that is, they can create quite a bit of pressure with heavier IEMs that move around a bit and the pressure changes can be very unpleasant!
I get a fit like suction, and curious if it's bad for my hearing. Isolates rediculously well though.

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #386 of 1,514
I get a fit like suction, and curious if it's bad for my hearing. Isolates rediculously well though.
I'm not sure, but it sure does get uncomfortable after a bit :D

Aug 12, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #387 of 1,514
Has anyone mentioned the Tanchjim FB post regarding Oxygen CIEMs yet?Screenshot_20190812-165853.png

Aug 12, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #388 of 1,514
Has anyone mentioned the Tanchjim FB post regarding Oxygen CIEMs yet?

I've posted it on Chinese's thread, also there's a local edition with their anime thing faceplate. For those that were wishing a longer nozzle, it seems a really good option! I'm curious how much expansive it'll be compared to the regular version, any idea?

Aug 12, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #389 of 1,514
I've posted it on Chinese's thread, also there's a local edition with their anime thing faceplate. For those that were wishing a longer nozzle, it seems a really good option! I'm curious how much expansive it'll be compared to the regular version, any idea?
I don't know, but the regular version is a really hard fit for me. I'll heavily consider these for sure!

Aug 12, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #390 of 1,514
Don’t suppose anyone’s compared the Oxygens with the Tin P1s? Am looking for a relatively mid-fi iem to complement my Heir 8s, preferably with a nice detailed, clean sound sig for classical etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back