Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 24, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #181 of 1,514
Thanks for sharing the song name. Really nice song.
You notice the guitar and cello detail on that track? It pops out on the O2s like nothing else.

Mar 24, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #183 of 1,514
@warriorpoet I just noticed we have the same audio devices, I too have a Asus Xonar and the LG G7 ThinQ.

Have you tried the Kanas Pro Edition? I want more opinions about it vs the O2.
I have not; I'm sorry! All I can say is that I'm very pleased with the O2s, but might have considered the Kanas Ps more seriously had HBB's comparo been up when I purchased :)

Mar 25, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #186 of 1,514
Ha ha ha, once I got to be able again to entertain purchasing a few new IEMs (after a lengthy laid off period), the IT04 was one I thought about getting. Guess not now that have the O2! Thanks for the comparison btw.

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #188 of 1,514
I have always been somewhat skeptical of "burn-in" claims of audio gear, but I do have to say that the O2 has, to my ears, improved noticeably in tonal balance and accuracy of timbre. I now probably have around 150 hours of use and each time I put them back in, I get that WOW! feeling all over again.
If you are a new user, there are very good times awaiting you!

Mar 25, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #189 of 1,514
I just don't get how such a di, single dynamic driver, for less than $300, can be so damn good. I'm currently researching an aftermarket cable to use. But I have to say the stock one, as much as some say they think it's cheap, sounds pretty good to me. I tried swapping out for the Moondrop KPE cable, and it significantly boxed in the sound.

Radiohead's "Ill Wind" sounds amazing on the O2.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #190 of 1,514
I just don't get how such a di, single dynamic driver, for less than $300, can be so damn good. I'm currently researching an aftermarket cable to use. But I have to say the stock one, as much as some say they think it's cheap, sounds pretty good to me. I tried swapping out for the Moondrop KPE cable, and it significantly boxed in the sound.

Radiohead's "Ill Wind" sounds amazing on the O2.

What about the reverse, Oxygen cable on the KPE?

Mar 25, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #191 of 1,514
I just don't get how such a tiny, single dynamic driver, for less than $300, can be so damn good. I'm currently researching an aftermarket cable to use. But I have to say the stock one, as much as some say they think it's cheap, sounds pretty good to me. I tried swapping out for the Moondrop KPE cable, and it significantly boxed in the sound.

I wish the linum stuff was a bit cheaper. They look so damn comfy.

Mar 25, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #192 of 1,514
I have always been somewhat skeptical of "burn-in" claims of audio gear, but I do have to say that the O2 has, to my ears, improved noticeably in tonal balance and accuracy of timbre. I now probably have around 150 hours of use and each time I put them back in, I get that WOW! feeling all over again.
If you are a new user, there are very good times awaiting you!
Yeah, I only noticed "burn in" effects on O2. Didn't notice such thing on IT01 and IT04.

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #193 of 1,514
What about the reverse, Oxygen cable on the KPE?

I tried that, but it wasn't nearly as pronounced a difference. Not sure what the science would be behind that, but to me the KPE cable really had a detrimental effect on the O2's sound, and not quite as bad vice-versa.

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #194 of 1,514
I wish the linum stuff was a bit cheaper. They look so damn comfy.
My Linum Bax cable does sound good with my O2. I also have the Music and SuperBax. The Music didn't do much, Bax is way better. My SuperBax is MMCX so I can't evaluate it with the O2.
I have owned a Whiplash TwAu cable for a number of years, and needless to say, it sounds great with the O2, however it is worth probably twice the cost of the phones.

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #195 of 1,514
My Linum Bax cable does sound good with my O2. I also have the Music and SuperBax. The Music didn't do much, Bax is way better. My SuperBax is MMCX so I can't evaluate it with the O2.
I have owned a Whiplash TwAu cable for a number of years, and needless to say, it sounds great with the O2, however it is worth probably twice the cost of the phones.

FYI there are adapters MMCX to 2-Pins:
https://penonaudio.com/mmcx-to-2pin-iem-cable-adapter.html
https://www.amazon.co.jp/RHAPSODIO-MMCX-to-2pin-adaptor/dp/B07544J3QJ
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shure-West...t-Noble-Audio-2-Pin-IEM-adapter-/182220565074

Users who are viewing this thread

Back