Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 11, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #1,066 of 1,514
i received Tanya and can confirm it is superb.

May 11, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #1,067 of 1,514
Placed order for Tanya, but it’s shipped with 4px probably would take a month but looking forward for bullet type of Tanchijim! So far my best bullet IEM experience is Final E500 for 2021. Hope Tanya is another neutral reference bullet type. Not a typical v-shaped.
[Edit] just scrolled back few posts and saw measurements, wow! The pinna gain is spot on my personal target 3.1khz. Good ringer for HTRF spot hitter.

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #1,068 of 1,514
Placed order for Tanya, but it’s shipped with 4px probably would take a month but looking forward for bullet type of Tanchijim! So far my best bullet IEM experience is Final E500 for 2021. Hope Tanya is another neutral reference bullet type. Not a typical v-shaped.
[Edit] just scrolled back few posts and saw measurements, wow! The pinna gain is spot on my personal target 3.1khz. Good ringer for HTRF spot hitter.
It is.. it is superb!!!

Layering is crazy at this price. This could probably redefine the price bracket. The graph shows a massive bass but it is actually more like neutral with bass boost. Really surprise on how the bass doesn't interfere the mids. Very well controlled. Big well done Tanchjim for this price and this performance.

May 11, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #1,069 of 1,514
It is.. it is superb!!!

Layering is crazy at this price. This could probably redefine the price bracket. The graph shows a massive bass but it is actually more like neutral with bass boost. Really surprise on how the bass doesn't interfere the mids. Very well controlled. Big well done Tanchjim for this price and this performance.

How does it compare to Final E500?

Oh and since it has a non detachable cable, is it microphonic?

May 11, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #1,071 of 1,514
How does it compare to Final E500?

Oh and since it has a non detachable cable, is it microphonic?
Didnt A B yet but so far i think Tanya outclassed E500 technicalities. The layering is noticeably very good in Tanya.

Microphonic, not that i expect yet.
Any amount of driver flex when inserting into your ear?
Not at all. Vent located at the bottom of the nozzle. (Right before nozzle)

May 15, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #1,075 of 1,514
Hello!
I was looking for IEMs with a good sub bass and bass. Can somebody compare Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk vs Tanchjim Oxygen vs IKKO OH10.

Yeah, sure thing. Are you just looking for bass specifically? If you want a good balance of everything and want the most technical of these IEMs, then I'd just go with the Dusk by default. It really can't be beat on paper.

Now, if we're talking about bass specifically, the Dusk is the most sub-bass oriented of these IEMs, so it'll be the cleanest. The tactility of the bass itself, however, is not as great. It sounds fairly dry. The Oxygen doesn't sound as dry, but it doesn't have much slam; I don't think it has very remarkable bass in general. Overall, I actually think the Ikko OH10 has the best bass tactility of these IEMs. Again, this is just if you're looking at bass specifically. Outside of this:
  • All three of them are upper-midrange oriented with the OH10 having the most presence in that region; it's inherently the type of tuning that's going to play best with stuff like K-Pop and similar genres. The Dusk is the best tuned here to my ears with the Oxygen following behind.
  • The OH10 has the best treble extension with a strong peak at 15kHz. Depending on the extent of your hearing, it may or may not sound dark anyways because of this. The Dusk's treble is quite linear and smooth with a small bump at 6kHz; the Oxygen has a tad more energy in the lower-to-mid treble for a more spicy presentation.
  • Technicalities go Dusk > Oxygen > OH10.
graph-11.png

Hope this helps :)

May 15, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #1,076 of 1,514
Yeah, sure thing. Are you just looking for bass specifically? If you want a good balance of everything and want the most technical of these IEMs, then I'd just go with the Dusk by default. It really can't be beat on paper.

Now, if we're talking about bass specifically, the Dusk is the most sub-bass oriented of these IEMs, so it'll be the cleanest. The tactility of the bass itself, however, is not as great. It sounds fairly dry. The Oxygen doesn't sound as dry, but it doesn't have much slam; I don't think it has very remarkable bass in general. Overall, I actually think the Ikko OH10 has the best bass tactility of these IEMs. Again, this is just if you're looking at bass specifically. Outside of this:
  • All three of them are upper-midrange oriented with the OH10 having the most presence in that region; it's inherently the type of tuning that's going to play best with stuff like K-Pop and similar genres. The Dusk is the best tuned here to my ears with the Oxygen following behind.
  • The OH10 has the best treble extension with a strong peak at 15kHz. Depending on the extent of your hearing, it may or may not sound dark anyways because of this. The Dusk's treble is quite linear and smooth with a small bump at 6kHz; the Oxygen has a tad more energy in the lower-to-mid treble for a more spicy presentation.
  • Technicalities go Dusk > Oxygen > OH10.

Hope this helps :)
Thank you! I really appreciate your help!

May 15, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #1,077 of 1,514
Didnt A B yet but so far i think Tanya outclassed E500 technicalities. The layering is noticeably very good in Tanya.

Microphonic, not that i expect yet.

Not at all. Vent located at the bottom of the nozzle. (Right before nozzle)
thanks for the early impressions. Been eyeing the Tanya since it was announced and finally ordered one this morning from shopee. Still haven't seen a ton of feedback on it yet other than a few Chinese reviews, so it's nice to see someone here liking it.

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/369448160
This is one of the reviews I've read. Seems promising for the price. I'll try to translate a bit in case google translate doesn't work well. My Chinese is rather rusty, so if anyone spots any mistakes, please help correct. :joy:

"Based on the frequency response curve and my own listening experience, it's a pair of earphones that fits the Harman target. The mids and higher frequencies are relatively balanced, and it has a slight biased towards the lower mids. Using the "bass" tips will give you the thumpy bass that people usually like, and using "treble" tips will bring out the higher frequencies. For a pair of earphones with balanced tuning, it's really easy to tweak the tuning. Depending on the tuning that you want, you just have to choose your source and ear tips. For those without a better source, just changing ear tips will do. I personally prefer the listening experience that I get from using the "treble" tips, but I did test out the "bass" tips as well before I came to the conclusion that the Tanya's overall tuning is relaxed and natural sounding, which is in line with their marketing material. After going through a ton of songs, there is very little sibilance, and the sound quality is not going to punch way above its price point, but it is probably still slightly better than its price suggest. Resolution isn't good enough to pick out all the details, but it's not really that muddy either. Vocals are forward sounding, but not in your face. In life, it's a happy thing to have a friend who is close to you, but still knows how to give you enough personal space. Using that analogy, you could say the same with the Tanya as well.

As a pair of earphones tuned to the harman target, I think it could be a great transitional product for folks just getting into Hi-Fi audio gear. By playing around with the tuning using the ear tips, you can try to figure out you own personal preference for tuning. However, if you already know what you like, and you're not a fan of this relatively balanced tuning, you might want to go with other options."

May 16, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #1,078 of 1,514
I did actually test the O2 with 15k treble.. which was like a laser beam into my brain. It's got more energy here than almost anything else. Also it's not high-mid focused at all. The mids peak 2-3k and dip after that... not what I would call high mid focus. As far as bass slam.. lol, O2 has a lot. Go figure. Different ears I guess.

Aint no high mid peak here..

1621170817999.png

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #1,080 of 1,514
yo bro, stay safe in malaysia.

May I get some comparison between tanya and blon bl03?

Thanks!
Hey thanks. Where you from?

I dont have bl03 unfortunately. I have Final E500. These two sounds pretty different. E500 is more balance. Tanya is toward neutral bass boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back