Tampa Florida 19/11/05 meet impressions thread!
Nov 27, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #106 of 128
I heard it was a cheeky story (as the British say).
eek.gif

Nov 27, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #107 of 128
Sitting across from Aaron,I saw the fear in his eyes as Stevieo told him about Wayne's plane diversion(priceless).Walking down the streets of Ybor City was a blast and the fact that we all knew(except Matt)we were able to go home and escape the craziness of that town was a very comforting feeling.Stevieo and Aaron both asked me on seperate occasions if someone had dropped something in their drinks back at the restaurant.What about that kickass band we got to see at the bar after dinner,we were truly in the presence of greatness.The cover was only $10 instead of $40 for all eight of us,such a deal.I really wish it could have lasted longer guys,maybe a week long Cayman trip can be arranged for the Summer.Gary.

Nov 27, 2005 at 4:23 PM Post #108 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2
Walking down the streets of Ybor City was a blast and the fact that we all knew(except Matt)we were able to go home and escape the craziness of that town was a very comforting feeling.

Hehe, I live up in the boonies away from all that. Of course I go to school down there but that's during the day, when things are much different.

Oh yeah that band was awesome. The beer was good though
icon10.gif
. I promise I have seen good shows there before and it was a nice quiet place to kill a little more time before hitting the strip. I couldn't have taken the crowds and noise from 9 PM to midnight, I was so worn out by that point.

Nov 28, 2005 at 2:27 AM Post #110 of 128
Well I think Ray's comment has pretty much been revealed. Sorry Ray
icon10.gif

Yep Ray was one happy man watching the barely dressed young females of Ybor. Umm... not that he was really trying to watch them, it's just that there are so many you can't help but look. He even begged me to take him back to the hotel but we were cruel and laughed at our poor friend's misfortune. HAHA.

Only some of that was true.

Nov 28, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #111 of 128
You guys are funny... real funny. A bunch of funny guys.
tongue.gif

(Oh, and that tongue smiley wasn't for you, Ray. Don't get any of your bright ideas!)

Nov 28, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #112 of 128
Thanks, Wayne ... it's nice to have talent rewarded.

Jokes aside, it was an awesome weekend to which each and every person attended contributed their unique energy and talents - most definitely a case ofthe whole being more than the sum of it's parts.

I had an absolute blast, and no small part of that was your excellent company. Imagine what that upcoming week in Cayman will be like ...
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #113 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
Imagine what that upcoming week in Cayman will be like ...
biggrin.gif

When do you want to do it? Let's get the ball rolling! I was thinking February, but then figured that may interfere with those who are planning to attend the National meet in April and can't afford the time/money to do both. Yet, there is no sense in waiting until Summer because it get so blasted hot here, and doesn't provide a much needed break from the winter for our Northern friends. Then the Fall (Sept - Nov) gets into rainy/hurricane season, and suddenly another year has slipped by!

Nov 28, 2005 at 3:47 AM Post #115 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
When do you want to do it? ...(Snip)

Last half of Feb 2006 works for me, and I agree re: treating our Northern brothers and sisters to some winter relief.

Start a thread - we've got your back. Something like, "Feb. 2006 Cayman Meet - Are you Mon Enough?" should get the mojo working.

<edit> As an added bonus to the excitement this meet will generate, I don't imagine many better halves will be loathe to a few days in Grand Cayman in Feb, so will likely have many spouses/so's/gf's in attendence, which should make for interesting and fun times. </edit>

Nov 28, 2005 at 6:26 AM Post #116 of 128
man i would love a nice meet in the caymans, but i spent all my money on headphones lol

Nov 28, 2005 at 6:36 AM Post #117 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom
man i would love a nice meet in the caymans, but i spent all my money on headphones lol

Frank ... start swimming today ... I'm told by experts at Mote Marine Labs here in Sarasota that in warm climes an adult male homo sapiens can breast stroke 40 - 50 miles in a day, allowing time for naps, and consuming the many raw fish encountered along the way.

That should get you there in plenty of time, at minimal cost, and fit as the proverbial fiddle.

Oops - subtract 10 miles per day for towing a dry bag full of audio gear ... no worries, you still have plenty of time, see you in Feb.
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2005 at 7:30 AM Post #118 of 128
i think these amps make better anchors than floaters
wink.gif

Nov 28, 2005 at 1:34 PM Post #120 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
Wayne how much does a ticket to the Caymans usually run from Miami? I'd love to come but it'll take some scrounging.

The taxes are something like $85 on this route and Cayman Airways occasionally does sales for as low as $169 so I've paid around $250-ish many times. But more typically it's in the $300-$350 range and sometimes as high as $450 when the flights start filling up.

Unfortunately for me, it has become one of the most expensive 1 hour flights in the world. This has to do with the fact the Cayman Airways controls the market (i.e., American and US Airways are not allowed to underprice them). It's a necessary evil and the reality of small Island life becasue our national airline does an amazing job at getting people off-Island when hurricanes are approaching (long after the others have abandoned us)! They do actually try to keep the fares as low as possible, and offer free rum punch so do fly Cayman Airways if possible!

See here about the proposed Cayman meet in February 2006.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back