Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 25, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #661 of 4,538
I know that one of the qualities of this headset is the comfort ... today I have been able to verify it by being 5 hours with them put in my head and not bothering at all.
AKG are comfortable, but do not reach this level ... to Meze done a great job there too, but at 2 hours I have to rest a while ...

Dec 25, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #662 of 4,538
Guys can anyone compare the pro 82 to edifier W830BT?
I couldn't wait at first so I got the edifiers. They are very fun to listen to but I always look forward to try something that has the potential to be better, at not much higher price point tho.
Anyone got the W830BT to compare it with? Is it worth it?

Dec 25, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #663 of 4,538
The Edifer W830BT is unusable with a cord. The sound is all bass with almost no treble. In wireless mode, it gets a lot bettter, the bass is still excessive, and its treble is still lacking detail but it can at least be tolerated. The Pro 82 is has a lot more treble clarity, in the first two bass settings it is pretty flat. In the third boosted setting, it is bass heavy.

Dec 25, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #665 of 4,538
Just ordered the Pro 82 ($5 head-fi cut price) on a whim, due to the overwhelming hype on here. Now the waiting game started.

Dec 25, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #666 of 4,538
The Edifer W830BT is unusable with a cord. The sound is all bass with almost no treble. In wireless mode, it gets a lot bettter, the bass is still excessive, and its treble is still lacking detail but it can at least be tolerated. The Pro 82 is has a lot more treble clarity, in the first two bass settings it is pretty flat. In the third boosted setting, it is bass heavy.
Thanks a lot! I noticed the extra bass on cord, thought it was my pc's dac tho. I guess I'll end up buying the pro 82 soon then, will watch for offers

Dec 25, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #667 of 4,538
@bunkbail shout out for having the excellent Killua as your avatar, I really wished there was another couple of seasons of hunter x hunter.

I might order the SMSL Idea after the new year, got quite a bit of cash during Christmas, so I might have that part covered somewhere at the end of January. @BenF is there a DAC that you feel that is more interesting?

Dec 25, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #668 of 4,538
I might order the SMSL Idea after the new year, got quite a bit of cash during Christmas, so I might have that part covered somewhere at the end of January. @BenF is there a DAC that you feel that is more interesting?
Maybe Sabaj DA3, haven't received it yet.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #669 of 4,538
Just got mine delivered and the box is really something! Really gotta give it to them.
First impressions are that it sounds better than gaming headsets that are in the same price range when it comes to music and the ear cups are comfortable.
My Creative Sound Blaster has no problem driving them from the audio control module. Now to find an additional external mic to plug into the audio control module's mic port and I am good to go.

Dec 26, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #670 of 4,538
I wonder if anyone has discovered that the 2.5mm socket is more than a simple choice from Takstar: It is balanced ready!
By taking a careful look at the circuit board, you will find that the ground is separated and the socket is 4pin instand of 3pin!
I'm curious to know whether any Pro 82 owner has looked into this... Did anybody play these on balanced mode taking advantage of the 4-pole TRRS connection?

I would appreciate if you can compare them with Philips SHP-9500.
Was also considering Philips shp9500 but these are murder to get in EU.
A lot of headphone is impossible to buy in eastern-europe, for example Philips shp9500 was 120$ here 2 years ago, but they are totally out of stock for years.
I got a pair of SHP9500 a few days ago, they're available from Amazon US, shipped to Spain with no problems.
I didn't listen much to them yet, but I do like these headphones. Being open-back, some would say it's unfair to compare them to the Pro 82, but I already did more or less the same in the past with the X2, so I really don't care. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

These SHP9500 are not like the Fidelio X2. They do sound more balanced across the frequency spectrum. Sub-bass is obviously non-existing (compared to Pro 82), bass is also less structured and lacking that creaminess; mids are very good, I really enjoy the vocals, they’re more forward than in the Pro 82 as well; the big issue is with treble, I believe. Quite grainy, much more than X2 from what I recall. Also, less detailed than Pro 82 for sure. Overall I perceive a smaller dynamical range. Stage's width is very good if not excellent though, but imaging is better in the Pro 82. They are comfortable as hell, same as Pro 82.

So I think I would pick up the Pro 82 for almost any track if I really want to appreciate the details and multiple sound layers in it or if it requires a solid bass representation, and the SHP9500 if I feel like enjoying more the vocals or need some more soundstage (particularly for OST, classical).

Transport is also comparable, same folding design, only in opposite direction.
This is a nice touch of pragmatic design, IMO. Other fashion cans (B&O, Jays, Beats?) flip their earcups in an inward direction, so that you can of course show off the brand name while on your neck. Pro 82's earcups spin in a more natural direction (outward), so that you can take them off and easily place them on your desk.

I would easily pay over 500$ for Pro 84 - Pro 82 drivers/diaphragm in TH900MK2 cups with extra damping - without auditioning it first.
The only clear advantage of TH900MK2 over Pro 82 is the soundstage, once Pro 84 would have similarly sized cups, I may have to retire my TH900MK2 completely.
Haven't reached for them in at least 2 weeks anyway...
Pro 84? I assume this is speculative... or was a next Takstar model already confirmed somehow?

Dec 26, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #671 of 4,538
...Pro 84? I assume this is speculative... or was a next Takstar model already confirmed somehow?
Wishful thinking for now :jecklinsmile:
If Takstar wants to go the Foster route and start selling high-priced headphones under their own brand, tweaking Pro 82 with larger (possibly wooden) cups is the easiest way.

If I was more handy, I would have done it myself...
it's inevitable that someone will do it, just a question of "when".

Dec 26, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #673 of 4,538
Wishful thinking for now :jecklinsmile:
If Takstar wants to go the Foster route and start selling high-priced headphones under their own brand, tweaking Pro 82 with larger (possibly wooden) cups is the easiest way.
Speaking of wooden cups I just hope they release the ML 750 soon. I’ve been told by both HPK and a spanish reviewer that they are amazingly good. 40mm driver as well, but different material. Perhaps sonically as good as Pro 82...?

Dec 26, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #674 of 4,538
ML750 seems will never appear sucha long time waiting for it and it seems there is no news about it...

Dec 26, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #675 of 4,538
Well, lo and behold, the Pro 82s from the iffy $63 Aliexpress supplier showed up today. So I guess it wasn't a scam after all.

That said, all things considered, I would wholeheartedly recommend spending the extra $15-20 from Takstar directly on Aliexpress. Not only did the order arrive a week sooner despite being ordered later, but the extra money for the hard case is well worth it. These cheaper phones were packed loose in a banged up carton with absolutely no packing materials whatsoever. Also, from Takstar not only do you get the hard shell case, but you also get the retail box (not important for many, but if you ever go to resell the phones, it can be meaningful to some buyers). Furthermore, the shipment from Takstar was MUCH better packed, with layers of bubble wrap and hermetically sealed with clear tape, meaning no possibility of water damage. It was a fight to get into, but seriously well protected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back