Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 23, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #631 of 4,538
I really want these takstar pro 82s with some christmas money (or my work bonus money) however I am skeptical of using aliexpress as I have never heard of them. Also, If I only intend to use them at home, have no need for a case, which lot should I get? I will hope to eventually ad a v-moda mic and use them as a headset when I game. I haven't pulled the trigger yet only due to that I would like more information on aliexpress, are they dependable to do business with and how long do they usually take to ship from them? It's the only place online that I have seen have them. What happened to them?

Dec 23, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #632 of 4,538
I really want these takstar pro 82s with some christmas money (or my work bonus money) however I am skeptical of using aliexpress as I have never heard of them...
...I haven't pulled the trigger yet only due to that I would like more information on aliexpress, are they dependable to do business with...
Aliexpress is a part of Alibaba, which on 11.11 has sold $25 billion worth of stuff.
For comparison, all online sales in US on Black Friday where just $5 billion, and Cyber Monday was $6.6 billion.
Alibaba did 8.6$ billion just in the first hour of 11.11...
So just like hundreds of millions of other people already, you can trust them.

...and how long do they usually take to ship from them?
TakstarAudio has Pro 82 in stock, so they usually ship within 1-2 business days.
If they offer ePacket for your country, it's worth paying extra for - it's faster than China Post.

...Also, If I only intend to use them at home, have no need for a case, which lot should I get?
Nobody NEEDS that case, but it's just too great for storage of basically anything.

I will hope to eventually ad a v-moda mic and use them as a headset when I game.
V-moda mic won't work, it has 3.5mm on both ends.
You'll be better off with a USB mic - can be had for 20-30$ on Ali.

Dec 23, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #634 of 4,538
head-fi discount? How can I get that discount?
When you are ordering Pro 82 in the TakstarAudio store, change the payment method to "Other payment methods"
upload_2017-12-24_1-28-54.png

and place the order without paying.
In the order, leave a message "Head-fi" and wait for the seller to lower the price by 5$.
After the price is adjusted, pay for the order.
Are these cans good for gaming?
They have fantastic imaging, so yes, they are good for gaming.
You will need a separate mic, or you can buy this mic cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Upg...ack-Cable-Mic-For-Bose-Quiet/32810246600.html

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #635 of 4,538
Just got an update from DHL that my 82 pro just got picked up and would be arriving on the 26th. Can’t wait to see how it performs for gaming with my Creative Sound Blaster Zx :D

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #636 of 4,538
I really want these takstar pro 82s with some christmas money (or my work bonus money) however I am skeptical of using aliexpress as I have never heard of them. Also, If I only intend to use them at home, have no need for a case, which lot should I get? I will hope to eventually ad a v-moda mic and use them as a headset when I game. I haven't pulled the trigger yet only due to that I would like more information on aliexpress, are they dependable to do business with and how long do they usually take to ship from them? It's the only place online that I have seen have them. What happened to them?

Selling my brand new condition Takstar Pro82 here. Everything original included. Just got them from AliExpress last week after months of a struggle to get it.
You can check it out, at my EBay. Fixed Price, or, Best Offer, this is NOT an auction. Current price is: $95. I am also selling a Sony MDR-Z7, and EMU Teak.
Those are all listed here and you can see my perfect EBay history from this page too. EBay only for International. Join up or contact me to buy through here.
I have no choice but to sell these. I have a large enough collection, I will still have some left. An unexpected financial issue arose, and this is my only option.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/markdavid01 (EDIT - Takstar Pro82 has been sold)

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #637 of 4,538
Selling my bran new condition Takstar Pro 82 here. Everything original included. Just got them from AliExpress last week after months of a struggle to get it.
You can check it out, at my EBay. Fixed Price, or, Best Offer, this is NOT an auction. Current price is $395...
Seems like a fair price :jecklinsmile:

Dec 24, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #638 of 4,538
Dec 24, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #639 of 4,538
If you put the drivers in a different housing and head strap you would get away with that :)

Dec 24, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #640 of 4,538
Selling my bran new condition Takstar Pro 82 here. Everything original included. Just got them from AliExpress last week after months of a struggle to get it.
You can check it out, at my EBay. Fixed Price, or, Best Offer, this is NOT an auction. Current price is $395. I am also selling a Sony MDR-Z7 and EMU Teak.
Those are all listed here and you can see my perfect EBay history from this page too. EBay only for International. Join up or contact me to buy through here.
I have no choice but to sell these. I have a large enough collection, I will still have some left. An unexpected financial issue arose, and this is my only option.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/markdavid01
Hopefully nobody in this thread falls for that. As long as you buy from takstar's store on AliExpress you're perfectly safe. The sad thing is that some poor unwitting soul will probably buy them at that price thinking it's the only way to buy them since they're not on Amazon anymore.

Dec 24, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #641 of 4,538
Hopefully nobody in this thread falls for that. As long as you buy from takstar's store on AliExpress you're perfectly safe. The sad thing is that some poor unwitting soul will probably buy them at that price thinking it's the only way to buy them since they're not on Amazon anymore.
395$ price was a typo, on eBay it appears for 95$ (with free amp included).
The problems he had (2 cancellations and long shipping) are probably with the other stores (not TakstarAudio), which list Pro 82 for low price without making sure they can actually get them from the factory.
They were only tested and put back in the case after they arrived last week. It took a lot of tries to get them here from AliExpress. Terrible time. Two orders cancelled and on back order, finally it arrived. The lower cost $60 - $70 end up not really being in stock.

Those $70 - $90 ended up being the ones I could actually get shipped, and it took 3 months. After multiple unanswered emails & complaints filed
It may scare off some eBay users from buying on Aliexpress though, I see your point.
Perhaps @Mark Up should change the listing to clarify that it's not a generic Aliexpress issue.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #642 of 4,538
395$ price was a typo, on eBay it appears for 95$ (with free amp included).
The problems he had (2 cancellations and long shipping) are probably with the other stores (not TakstarAudio), which list Pro 82 for low price without making sure they can actually get them from the factory.

Ahhhh gotcha, that makes more sense. Definitely not a bad deal.

Dec 24, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #643 of 4,538
If you put the drivers in a different housing and head strap you would get away with that :)
I would easily pay over 500$ for Pro 84 - Pro 82 drivers/diaphragm in TH900MK2 cups with extra damping - without auditioning it first.
The only clear advantage of TH900MK2 over Pro 82 is the soundstage, once Pro 84 would have similarly sized cups, I may have to retire my TH900MK2 completely.
Haven't reached for them in at least 2 weeks anyway...

Dec 24, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #644 of 4,538
I would easily pay over 500$ for Pro 84 - Pro 82 drivers/diaphragm in TH900MK2 cups with extra damping - without auditioning it first.
The only clear advantage of TH900MK2 over Pro 82 is the soundstage, once Pro 84 would have similarly sized cups, I may have to retire my TH900MK2 completely.
Haven't reached for them in at least 2 weeks anyway...

You are saying that Pro 82 has similar bass quality / quantity as TH900MK2? I find it hard to believe in that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back