Takstar Pro 82 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by BenF, May 14, 2017.

?

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

Poll closed Jun 13, 2017.
  1. Brainwavz HM5/Yoga CD-990/NVX XPT100

25.6%
  2. ATH-ES700

2.6%
  3. Isk HP2011

25.6%
  4. JVC HA-S400

5.1%
  5. JVC HA-S680

2.6%
  6. JVC HARX900

12.8%
  7. Bosshifi B8

30.8%
  8. B&O H6

17.9%
  9. B&O H7

10.3%
  10. Creative Aurvana Live!

23.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sito Lupion
    After a few hours of burn, can say that these headphones are wonderful. It will be difficult to find some for 79 euros that sound better.
    They are very comfortable and the materials leave you surprised with their quality / price ratio, my friends seeing the presentation with their small suitcase were surprised.

the bass are great, good definition and stuck, no need to open their tabs, For the basshead, with 1 opening can be enough, 2 ruin the sound too much.
    the basses of the Meze are more forceful due in part to their large subwoofer, but they do not have the detail of the pro 82. I suppose that the wooden cups also influence the result.
    the two headphones have great punch.

You are right Benf, they do not get along very well with Fiio, everything sounds more consistent with the MF.
    ...to put some snag, at high volumes, can get to fatigue due to its brightness, but there is no hiss,
    I hope to fix it with the foams mod.

OscarPaz, BenF and skeletor_bass like this.
  2. nomad1

Ordered :smile_phones:

3. BenF
    Loss of bass quality isn't too big, especially if you use the thin ones. It looses some tightness (becomes boomier), but gets better decay. It's worth trying, especially considering the low cost and reversibility of the mod.

Miguelbazil likes this.
  4. BenF
    Great impressions - added them to the 3rd post in this thread.
    Foams will definitely tone down the highs for you.

Sito Lupion likes this.
  5. r1sh
    Guys can anyone tell me, how are 82 pro's comparing to beyerbynamicd dt 770 or ath-ad900x in soundstage depth and detalization ?

6. BenF
    ATH-AD900X has a larger soundstage, since it's a larger "open" headphone.

trellus likes this.
  7. BenF
    14 Pro 82s were sold on 11.11 - seems like a lot of people were waiting for them.
    Hope we'll see more impressions in 2-4 weeks, as they'll start to arrive.

8. trellus
    Do you have this Nobsound NS-02E? I previously had the NS-08E which I really liked but I accidentally broke it (totally my fault). I've seen the NS-01E but it seemed underpowered from the specs and this NS-02E seems to have the same power as the NS-08E.

9. BenF
    Yes I have it, and bought another one to see if the high gain is the same on all of them.
    The one I had before (gifted it away) I remember as having a lower gain.

10. BenF
    25 Pro 82's were sold in 6 days - nice!
    Some interesting news for buyers - both current and future.

There is a "new" version of Pro 82! The headphone itself is exactly the same (can't improve on perfection), but the package is slightly different.
    The cable was changed from 2.2m to 1.6m - perfect length for desktop use!
    6.5mm adapter is no longer part of the package - but TakstarAudio so far has been adding a 6.5mm adapter to every package.

Everyone who has ordered the black version, got the new package.
    5 first buyers of the silver Pro 82 got the old package, after that the new one.

From now on both colors will be new version only - at least when buying from TakstarAudio store at Aliexpress.
    They got a new delivery from the factory yesterday - now have 35 pieces in stock (25 black, 10 silver).

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 7:56 AM
    OscarPaz and trellus like this.
  11. r1sh
    what about beyer dt 770 or ath-a700x ?

12. BenF
    Haven't heard these two.

13. BenF
    I checked the listings, and both NS-02E and NS-01E have "Output power: =1100mW (32O)".
    That's a whole lot of power... I guess the high gain is not going away...

trellus likes this.
  14. trellus
    Oh, yes, I do see that they do have the same output power at least spec'ed on Amazon... I might have misread or my memory is faulty. :upside_down: I thought I remember not getting it over the NS-08E despite the fact that I liked the looks better on the NS-01E, because the power was less on the NS-01E, but they all seem to have the same output power spec after all.

15. HerrWallen
    Curious about these but already have the Fostex TH-610s
    Would I be wasting my money or do they complement?