Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 11, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #406 of 4,538
Great, kindly share your impressions, once received :D
Try to compare bass with Meze 99 Classics :)

After a few hours of burn, can say that these headphones are wonderful. It will be difficult to find some for 79 euros that sound better.
They are very comfortable and the materials leave you surprised with their quality / price ratio, my friends seeing the presentation with their small suitcase were surprised.

the bass are great, good definition and stuck, no need to open their tabs, For the basshead, with 1 opening can be enough, 2 ruin the sound too much.
the basses of the Meze are more forceful due in part to their large subwoofer, but they do not have the detail of the pro 82. I suppose that the wooden cups also influence the result.
the two headphones have great punch.

FIIO E17 didn't sound too good with Pro 82, I hope you have better results with E17K. Using Coax input will probably net best results.
Still I'm betting on MF-V90 HPA sounding better with Pro 82.

Don't forget to buy the tuning foams:
Thin & Thick Inside Foam Disk Ear Pads For HD545 HD565 HD600 HD650 Headphones
Thin & Thick Inside Foam Disk Ear Pads For K240 K241 K270 K271 K272 Headphons
or
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Thi...-HD565-HD600-HD650-Headphone/32601752052.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...0-HE300-HE400-HE400i/2961104_32824443199.html

You are right Benf, they do not get along very well with Fiio, everything sounds more consistent with the MF.
...to put some snag, at high volumes, can get to fatigue due to its brightness, but there is no hiss,
I hope to fix it with the foams mod.

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #407 of 4,538
After months of being sold out, a few hours ago the TakstarAudio store at Aliexpress listed Takstar Pro 82 as back in stock:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...g-K-song-game-stereo-headset/32808454492.html
I have chatted with the store, and they assured me they they really have stock. Other stores often list Pro 82 just to draw attention, but they don't really have any stock.
They have 30, 2 are already gone.
It's unclear if/when they'll have more.

If you are looking for a headphone that can throw punches with Fostex TH-900MK2 (and even beat it sometimes), here is your chance.

Here is my updated comparison with TH-900Mk2:
Comparison with Fostex TH-900MK2

Here are others:
Comparison with CAL!
Comparison with Bosshifi B8
Comparison with ISK HP2011
Comparison with NVX XPT100/Brainwavz HM5/Yoga CD-990
Comparison with B&O H6

Ordered :smile_phones:

Nov 11, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #408 of 4,538
I'm really considering whether to try to switch the foam disks or not. Mainly because I'm really happy with the current signature of the phones. How noticeable do you think the loss of bass quality would be, for someone less sensitive than you guys? I'm asking because I definitely can't really hear certain differences like you guys. Decisions, decisions...
Loss of bass quality isn't too big, especially if you use the thin ones. It looses some tightness (becomes boomier), but gets better decay. It's worth trying, especially considering the low cost and reversibility of the mod.

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #409 of 4,538
After a few hours of burn, can say that these headphones are wonderful. It will be difficult to find some for 79 euros that sound better.
They are very comfortable and the materials leave you surprised with their quality / price ratio, my friends seeing the presentation with their small suitcase were surprised.

the bass are great, good definition and stuck, no need to open their tabs, For the basshead, with 1 opening can be enough, 2 ruin the sound too much.
the basses of the Meze are more forceful due in part to their large subwoofer, but they do not have the detail of the pro 82. I suppose that the wooden cups also influence the result.
the two headphones have great punch.

You are right Benf, they do not get along very well with Fiio, everything sounds more consistent with the MF.
...to put some snag, at high volumes, can get to fatigue due to its brightness, but there is no hiss,
I hope to fix it with the foams mod.
Great impressions - added them to the 3rd post in this thread.
Foams will definitely tone down the highs for you.

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #411 of 4,538
Guys can anyone tell me, how are 82 pro's comparing to beyerbynamicd dt 770 or ath-ad900x in soundstage depth and detalization ?
ATH-AD900X has a larger soundstage, since it's a larger "open" headphone.

Nov 13, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #413 of 4,538
I've had three 9018 DACs from Hifimediy.

Here is a great amp for under 50$:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...dphone-Amplifier-Stereo-HiFi/32763576425.html
It's gain is too high, so it's not suitable for easy-to-drive headphones. Even on Pro 82 I don't go above 10AM.

Do you have this Nobsound NS-02E? I previously had the NS-08E which I really liked but I accidentally broke it (totally my fault). I've seen the NS-01E but it seemed underpowered from the specs and this NS-02E seems to have the same power as the NS-08E.

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #414 of 4,538
Do you have this Nobsound NS-02E? I previously had the NS-08E which I really liked but I accidentally broke it (totally my fault). I've seen the NS-01E but it seemed underpowered from the specs and this NS-02E seems to have the same power as the NS-08E.
Yes I have it, and bought another one to see if the high gain is the same on all of them.
The one I had before (gifted it away) I remember as having a lower gain.

Nov 14, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #415 of 4,538
25 Pro 82's were sold in 6 days - nice!
Some interesting news for buyers - both current and future.

There is a "new" version of Pro 82! The headphone itself is exactly the same (can't improve on perfection), but the package is slightly different.
The cable was changed from 2.2m to 1.6m - perfect length for desktop use!
6.5mm adapter is no longer part of the package - but TakstarAudio so far has been adding a 6.5mm adapter to every package.

Everyone who has ordered the black version, got the new package.
5 first buyers of the silver Pro 82 got the old package, after that the new one.

From now on both colors will be new version only - at least when buying from TakstarAudio store at Aliexpress.
They got a new delivery from the factory yesterday - now have 35 pieces in stock (25 black, 10 silver).

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #418 of 4,538
I checked the listings, and both NS-02E and NS-01E have "Output power: =1100mW (32O)".
That's a whole lot of power... I guess the high gain is not going away...

Nov 15, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #419 of 4,538
I checked the listings, and both NS-02E and NS-01E have "Output power: =1100mW (32O)".
That's a whole lot of power... I guess the high gain is not going away...

Oh, yes, I do see that they do have the same output power at least spec'ed on Amazon... I might have misread or my memory is faulty. :upside_down: I thought I remember not getting it over the NS-08E despite the fact that I liked the looks better on the NS-01E, because the power was less on the NS-01E, but they all seem to have the same output power spec after all.

Nov 15, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #420 of 4,538
Curious about these but already have the Fostex TH-610s
Would I be wasting my money or do they complement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back