Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 8, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #2,582 of 4,537
Just received mine from Amazon UK, £53. Literally only half an hour and for convenience I simply plugged it into my AK JR, initial thoughts are.... this is how things are meant to sound. Simple as that, realism, amazing detail, note decay is so accurate you can almost picture the sound waves disappearing, mind blowing.

I had / have X2's, Amperiors, Pinnacle P1, Final Audio, Modded Grado SR80i, Kef M500 (Previous Favorite), Flare Audio..... nothing even in the same league as the sound this makes, literally gobsmacked.

Oh, white box, 1.6m Short Cable with a lovely screw on 6mm adapter, no microphones. Dont care what revision it is, cup plastic is cheap, also not bothered. Lord knows how they did this for £53.

Happy as a fat kid with a cupcake!

May 8, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #2,583 of 4,537
Oh, white box, 1.6m Short Cable with a lovely screw on 6mm adapter, no microphones. Dont care what revision it is, cup plastic is cheap, also not bothered.
You might have a new version (?), since the shorter cable usually came in the black box! I have a white box version with 2.2m cable length. Also hard to say but I’d bet that the cups themselves (outer part, not the ring) are in painted metal.

Anyways, I listen to them almost every day and agree that the price-to-performance ratio is simply amazing.

May 8, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #2,584 of 4,537
Just received mine from Amazon UK, £53. Literally only half an hour and for convenience I simply plugged it into my AK JR, initial thoughts are.... this is how things are meant to sound. Simple as that, realism, amazing detail, note decay is so accurate you can almost picture the sound waves disappearing, mind blowing.

I had / have X2's, Amperiors, Pinnacle P1, Final Audio, Modded Grado SR80i, Kef M500 (Previous Favorite), Flare Audio..... nothing even in the same league as the sound this makes, literally gobsmacked.

Incredible headphones at any price, a bargain jem :)

May 8, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #2,585 of 4,537

Great impressions - added them to post #3!
Hope you will post a more detailed review after spending more time with them.

Oh, white box, 1.6m Short Cable with a lovely screw on 6mm adapter, no microphones. Dont care what revision it is, cup plastic is cheap, also not bothered. Lord knows how they did this for £53.
That's weird, I only saw 2.2m cables with a screw-on adapter, 1.6m cables don't have the thread.
Can you post a picture of the cable and the adapter?

May 8, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #2,586 of 4,537
I'm thinking of picking up a v2 to go with my v1. The problem is, do I take advantage of the Idea combo deal?

My current amp/dac is the Topping DX3 Pro, which I know you do not recommend BenF. So, trying to get a feel for things I tried my v1 phones on the DX3, my motherboard (which is a decent one... with ALC1220 and WIMA capacitors), and an EL-D01 I dug out of my drawer. I was shocked how different they all sound.

The DX3 Pro sounds the best (as it should), controlled, powerful, albeit perhaps a bit "smoothed".
The motherboard audio sounds pretty good, but harsher. Maybe more revealing, or maybe that's just the a result of the harshness?
The EL-D01 (by itself with no amp mind you) is super harsh. The sibilance I barely heard before is awful!

So, I could just keep using my DX3, get the oft-recommended Little Bear P10 to go with the EL-D01 and see if that makes all the difference with that DAC, or get an SMSL Idea with the combo deal although I wouldn't have an amp to use with it for now at least. Or...?

May 9, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #2,587 of 4,537
I'm thinking of picking up a v2 to go with my v1. The problem is, do I take advantage of the Idea combo deal?
Actually, because of the current sale and the available Ali/seller coupons, it's cheaper to buy Pro 82 and Idea the normal way, without the Head-Fi discount.
Aliexpress offers a 5$ off 35$ coupon, valid until May 12th: https://sale.aliexpress.com/country@US/__pc/New_Fashion_Arrivals.htm
After this discount, Pro 82 v2 is only 53.85$! https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...g-game-stereo-headset/314156_32808454492.html
Idea is 66.5$ after the 5$ Ali coupon and "5$ off 69$" seller coupon - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...E9018Q2C-DSD512-32Bit/314156_32809153098.html
Unfortunately, the 5$ Ali coupon can only be used once, so if you are buying both, here is a "2$ off 15$" Ali coupon you can use on one of them instead: https://coupon.aliexpress.com/getCoupon.htm?p=poWHYrSQuRVEmLmRxLZkq098EW2XYI19XyiTpo3cJwj1s2k4Z/H9Cw==

My current amp/dac is the Topping DX3 Pro, which I know you do not recommend BenF. So, trying to get a feel for things I tried my v1 phones on the DX3, my motherboard (which is a decent one... with ALC1220 and WIMA capacitors), and an EL-D01 I dug out of my drawer. I was shocked how different they all sound.

The DX3 Pro sounds the best (as it should), controlled, powerful, albeit perhaps a bit "smoothed".
I don't recommend DX3 Pro, because I am not a fan of AK "Velvet Sound" - its sound is "smoothed", like you wrote

...The EL-D01 (by itself with no amp mind you) is super harsh. The sibilance I barely heard before is awful!
EL-D01 does sound harsh on its own, but it sounds magical with P10

...So, I could just keep using my DX3, get the oft-recommended Little Bear P10 to go with the EL-D01 and see if that makes all the difference with that DAC, or get an SMSL Idea with the combo deal although I wouldn't have an amp to use with it for now at least. Or...?
It's a tough choice, but considering that P10 is the same price as usual, and seller offers no coupons - I'd go with the Idea, which will also play many formats EL-D01 can't.
You can always buy P10 later, just like the 99$ B-stock O2 - so you'll have two synergy combos, each one offering a different sound!

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #2,588 of 4,537
Hi, first of all, sorry for my english level!
I'm new in this forum, I arrived looking for a new pair of headphones, because my Logitech UE6000 are starting to give me problems (left side doesn't work sometimes).
My first option was the M50X, when i bought the UE6000 3 years ago they were my second option. Now i found this amazing thread talking about the Takstar Pro 82, which I heard in a review video that it was similar to the M50X.
Do you think there is a better option for this price (60 euros) or less? I've look other models like Superlux 668B, but i dont know if it's a rival of UE6000/Pro82/M50X.
My personal preferences are a little bit U or V shaped (like the UE6000 with NC off), closed, detailed with the better soundstage possible, and the main use will be, music watching movies and gaming.
Also, i've read about a similar model manufactured by cooler master, the MH751/752, that is said to be the same headphone than the Takstar, and it includes a removable microphone wich could be very useful for me.
Thanks!

May 9, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #2,589 of 4,537
Hi, first of all, sorry for my english level!
I'm new in this forum, I arrived looking for a new pair of headphones, because my Logitech UE6000 are starting to give me problems (left side doesn't work sometimes).
Welcome to Head-Fi!

Do you think there is a better option for this price (60 euros) or less? I've look other models like Superlux 668B, but i dont know if it's a rival of UE6000/Pro82/M50X.
I couldn't find a better option at 60, 600 or 1600 euros, buy with confidence.
For M50X money, you can buy Pro 82 and SMSL Idea, and still have some money left - see links and coupons in my reply to jwong above.

Also, i've read about a similar model manufactured by cooler master, the MH751/752, that is said to be the same headphone than the Takstar, and it includes a removable microphone wich could be very useful for me.
Thanks!
MH751/752 doesn't sound as good as Pro 82, it was tweaked.

May 9, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #2,590 of 4,537
Are these good for movies, video games (on ps4 or pc)? I am not talking about positioning since I do not play multiplayer but about immersion, bass and explosions etc.
What are the main rivals? I can say that I have CAL! and it sucks. Porta pro sounds way more musical and has more bass than cal! (not much sub bass though)
I kinda want to feel like if I was in cinema if you know what I mean

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #2,591 of 4,537
Welcome to Head-Fi!

I couldn't find a better option at 60, 600 or 1600 euros, buy with confidence.
For M50X money, you can buy Pro 82 and SMSL Idea, and still have some money left - see links and coupons in my reply to jwong above.

MH751/752 doesn't sound as good as Pro 82, it was tweaked.
Thanks for the answer!
If this headphones are so good, then i'll buy as early as I can haha
It was great know the differences between the M50X or my "rare" UE6000, just to know if they have the sound i'm looking for, but surely i can adjust it with an equalizer.

May 9, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #2,592 of 4,537
Actually, because of the current sale and the available Ali/seller coupons, it's cheaper to buy Pro 82 and Idea the normal way, without the Head-Fi discount.
Aliexpress offers a 5$ off 35$ coupon, valid until May 12th: https://sale.aliexpress.com/country@US/__pc/New_Fashion_Arrivals.htm
After this discount, Pro 82 v2 is only 53.85$! https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...g-game-stereo-headset/314156_32808454492.html
Idea is 66.5$ after the 5$ Ali coupon and "5$ off 69$" seller coupon - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...E9018Q2C-DSD512-32Bit/314156_32809153098.html
Unfortunately, the 5$ Ali coupon can only be used once, so if you are buying both, here is a "2$ off 15$" Ali coupon you can use on one of them instead: https://coupon.aliexpress.com/getCoupon.htm?p=poWHYrSQuRVEmLmRxLZkq098EW2XYI19XyiTpo3cJwj1s2k4Z/H9Cw==

I don't recommend DX3 Pro, because I am not a fan of AK "Velvet Sound" - its sound is "smoothed", like you wrote

EL-D01 does sound harsh on its own, but it sounds magical with P10

It's a tough choice, but considering that P10 is the same price as usual, and seller offers no coupons - I'd go with the Idea, which will also play many formats EL-D01 can't.
You can always buy P10 later, just like the 99$ B-stock O2 - so you'll have two synergy combos, each one offering a different sound!

Wow, $66,50 is amazing. Almost the same as the 62$ it was on the anniversary day. I bought the NX4 DSD for $122 that day and i'm enjoying it but i have to tell you that for almost half the price the idea would be a better choice. Pro 82 is so easy to drive that i'm using the balance mode with DAC mode only on mu NX4 DSD and it has plenty volume. I think an amp would not even be necessary with SMSL IDEA and PRO 82 as it is so easy to drive, so i think i will sell my nx4 dsd where i live, can sell for the same price. So that's it, waiting for the SMSL Idea! Thanks for the coupon, benf.

Just a question: I plan to buy a Fidelio X2HR in the future, do you think smsl idea would be great for it too? Maybe my nx4 dsd would be better for that model, but if you have experience with both i would like to know your opinion.

May 9, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #2,594 of 4,537
Are these good for movies, video games (on ps4 or pc)? I am not talking about positioning since I do not play multiplayer but about immersion, bass and explosions etc.
What are the main rivals? I can say that I have CAL! and it sucks. Porta pro sounds way more musical and has more bass than cal! (not much sub bass though)
I kinda want to feel like if I was in cinema if you know what I mean

They are great for games, but if you are want to feel like in cinema with Dolby speakers, I'm not sure that Pro 82 is the right choice for you.
You should probably look into some DSP-enabled headphones, like Audeze Mobius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back