Takstar HF 580 Planar Headphones
Jun 12, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #437 of 1,250
A heads-up for anyone interested in purchasing the HF 580, but has been put off by the recent price increases. From Ellie @ Takstar:

We have got some of HF580 in stock again yesterday, glad to tell you that aliexpress will do a big promotion from 17th/June to 23th/June, our store's some products will also take part in promotion, the HF580 will has about 10% discount and will with a USD12 coupon, so the finnal price is about USD169 free shipping by aliexpress standard shipping at that time.

Product page at Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tak...m-low-distortion-powerful-LF/32997885429.html

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #438 of 1,250
I'm curious to hear what you think of the Sendy pads when you get them, for $18 they are worth trying, especially since they're angled pads. I'm hoping my phones will arrive here by this weekend and I will try the Brainwavz XL hybrids I have when they arrive.
They do sell XL? I mean I have 110mm Brainwavz oval cushions its way too big. The size must be something like 100-105 mm.

Finally I got more modding material :) I got steel mesh 200. Its super fine, like a cloth fine. Not sure if it works better than my latest cleaning cloth+aluminum foil back combo mod. But it was only less than 4 euros... 30x60cm sheet.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #439 of 1,250
I spent more than a month with HF580 in stock form, it became comfortable and the sound became acceptable.
Fast roll off of high is good and the quality makes it a unique in my collection of phones.
Some ringing for certain frequency zones in mids are still negative but it became acceptable for most musics.
It is certainly better than pro 82, which shares with its seemingly-thicker mids, which is something like having honking-ness in the mids that can be regarded as added thickness to its mids.
However I should say that I found its place due to its uniqueness.

Jun 12, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #440 of 1,250
They do sell XL? I mean I have 110mm Brainwavz oval cushions its way too big. The size must be something like 100-105 mm.

Finally I got more modding material :) I got steel mesh 200. Its super fine, like a cloth fine. Not sure if it works better than my latest cleaning cloth+aluminum foil back combo mod. But it was only less than 4 euros... 30x60cm sheet.

No, sorry. I think I misstated that the Brainwavz pads I have are XL. I believe now they are just the oval hybrid pads (good for HM5). To my large ears they are more comfortable because of the bigger overall and inner opening size as compared to the original Philips Fidelio L2 pads I was using. I will try these Brainwavz pads with the HF580 after they arrive.

Brainwavz do have XL pads, but it looks like they are circular and don't come in oval shape.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #442 of 1,250
I spent more than a month with HF580 in stock form, it became comfortable and the sound became acceptable.
Fast roll off of high is good and the quality makes it a unique in my collection of phones.
Some ringing for certain frequency zones in mids are still negative but it became acceptable for most musics.
It is certainly better than pro 82, which shares with its seemingly-thicker mids, which is something like having honking-ness in the mids that can be regarded as added thickness to its mids.
However I should say that I found its place due to its uniqueness.

I prefer aftermarket pads, settled with brainwavz lambskin angled hm5 pads on my 3050s and chinese cloth pads for my 580s. I tried giving my HE560 a go, modded my M1060c open and... more open and gave HD 650s a trip out of the drawer and I keep coming back to the 580/3050s. I still like M1060c but it feels like these just do everything I care about better. Also ordered the replacement Sendy pads because I forgot to try those on the HF 580s before returning my Sendy's and of course, its strange that it's priced at $18 when all their connectors and cables are massively marked up. The sendy cups are way wider so the fit might be weird, but worth a try.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #443 of 1,250
I prefer aftermarket pads, settled with brainwavz lambskin angled hm5 pads on my 3050s and chinese cloth pads for my 580s. I tried giving my HE560 a go, modded my M1060c open and... more open and gave HD 650s a trip out of the drawer and I keep coming back to the 580/3050s. I still like M1060c but it feels like these just do everything I care about better. Also ordered the replacement Sendy pads because I forgot to try those on the HF 580s before returning my Sendy's and of course, its strange that it's priced at $18 when all their connectors and cables are massively marked up. The sendy cups are way wider so the fit might be weird, but worth a try.

I'm curious about the Sendy Aiva pads too. Waiting for your impressions

Jun 13, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #444 of 1,250
I got the micro suede Sony cushions. They are so nice with the touch and they fit perfectly! And are very comfy too, even they could a thicker and slightly bigger inside. The pads measure quite good. A bit dry side. Upper bass and low middle is slighly elevated. 5.2kHz has 7.7 dB dip. May need to do some mods to get rid of that dip. The cushions have a thin layer of foam of filtering. It may be that what making it sound a bit dry.
IMG_20190613_191319.jpg IMG_20190613_191300.jpg

Measurents is token with my latest mods.
Compare.png

Jun 14, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #446 of 1,250
Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #447 of 1,250
The page just changed, and now it says there's a new version at a higher price. I had ultra small double sided tape I positioned on the lip of the ring. The pads are pretty nice, nicer sound than stock.

https://shop.musicteck.com/products...one-replaceable-earpad?variant=19910738509886

Whoops the cat is out of the bag! The pads are worth it very nice and the pad ring is a bit smaller but if you position it right it fits fine. Sound is much more vibrant. I did use ultra thin double sided tape on each side and it's on pretty snug,

The 3.5 model of this practically fits after a small dremmel inside, so I will be returning the 3.5 and got these mono 2.5's instead as there are more cable options.
https://www.unicornelex.com/Isolated_Panel_Mount_2_5mm_Mono_Jack_p/23-0442.htm
If it's the same size then all you would have to do is make a thread in the plastic, screw it in and secure with some nice hot black glue. I am in two minds about just re-cabling it with a superior cable to xlr and then make a 1/4" adapter.

NKt584t.jpg
ii6BAVF.jpg zdcrkV3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back