Takstar HF 580 Planar Headphones
Jun 14, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #451 of 1,250
Looks like there are now more stores on AliExpress selling the 580s. I saw 2 but they might be the same store with diff name. Bring on the price wars

Under $200 it's worth it. Sendy pads are also worth getting.

Jun 15, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #452 of 1,250
Whoops the cat is out of the bag! The pads are worth it very nice and the pad ring is a bit smaller but if you position it right it fits fine. Sound is much more vibrant. I did use ultra thin double sided tape on each side and it's on pretty snug,

The 3.5 model of this practically fits after a small dremmel inside, so I will be returning the 3.5 and got these mono 2.5's instead as there are more cable options.
https://www.unicornelex.com/Isolated_Panel_Mount_2_5mm_Mono_Jack_p/23-0442.htm
If it's the same size then all you would have to do is make a thread in the plastic, screw it in and secure with some nice hot black glue. I am in two minds about just re-cabling it with a superior cable to xlr and then make a 1/4" adapter.

Can you tell me the tension of the pads? How it will compare to originals. I think this headphone need super soft pads with memory foam if not then normal foam does just fine. All pads I have tested got elevated upper bass and elevated low middle if memory foam.

Edit. It seems 200 grid steel filter is slightly helping to get flat sound as possible. Maybe 0.5-1 dB and I managed to measure easily less than +5/-5 dB, I'm at now +4.7/-4.7 dB. Also the play dought seems to give different measurement every time. Need to squish pads hard before first use.

Treble is now more soft and not in ur face even it measure more flat. Also I did some more folio mod to the steel mesh. And with all my mods and China pads you lose 10-12 dB. You need strong amplifier after all of my modifications.
Ignore THD measurement it does not measure anything.
15.6.2019.png

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #453 of 1,250
Can you tell me the tension of the pads? How it will compare to originals. I think this headphone need super soft pads with memory foam if not then normal foam does just fine. All pads I have tested got elevated upper bass and elevated low middle if memory foam.

Edit. It seems 200 grid steel filter is slightly helping to get flat sound as possible. Maybe 0.5-1 dB and I managed to measure easily less than +5/-5 dB, I'm at now +4.7/-4.7 dB. Also the play dought seems to give different measurement every time. Need to squish pads hard before first use.

Treble is now more soft and not in ur face even it measure more flat. Also I did some more folio mod to the steel mesh. And with all my mods and China pads you lose 10-12 dB. You need strong amplifier after all of my modifications.
Ignore THD measurement it does not measure anything.

They are the correct height and the hole fits perfect but there is a little room on each side. I used really small double sided tape on the lip of the ring(sides) just so it remained fully centered. The pads are much better shape and I found it much easier to wear compared to the stock. They are a little more rigid but the shape is perfect.

The sound was a bit cleaner, not sibilant, bass seemed tighter too. Of course these must be EQ'd to get the best from them. Sidenote: My favorite headphone right now is the vibrolabs T50 and I am running it on an xDuoo TA-10 which about 2 watts @ 32 ohms.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #456 of 1,250
Jun 16, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #458 of 1,250
Jun 16, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #459 of 1,250
I have been looking for a bit but have yet to find anything
If I can't find anything "soon" I'll take those sleek 3.5mm connector mounts. I have also naked 3.5mm male plugs somewhere.

Edit. I found them. its small :) I like it. Its a bare connector nothing else.

IMG_20190616_180959.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #462 of 1,250
everything electronic. I do have it eqd though, but it eqs so much better than the 1060 and 560 do
Okay. With memory cushions Sub bass need to increased, lower high bass and low middle. Too bad I dont have settings for without mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back