Takstar HF 580 Planar Headphones
May 23, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #316 of 1,250
All this talk about how good they are with edm got me, I'm in.

I just got a message saying I may need to pay a customs tax for having them shipped to the US due to more strict customs. Does anyone know if that is the case? This is the first I have heard of it. If so does anyone happen to know how much the customs tax will be? Thanks for any information.

A few weeks ago I ordered a small amp (<$100) from a seller in China through eBay, and the item shipped out but then the seller contacted me and told me that it was "rejected by customs" and sent back to them. Since they said it wasn't going to get to me in time, they refunded me, and said I could re-order the item if I still wanted it. First time I've ever had something like this happen to me, so it seems like some changes could be happening with the US customs and goods.

May 23, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #317 of 1,250
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tak...429.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.5c1e2e0ebAI3Dc
hey it seems restock is ok but they are now 182 euro...

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/sale-items/314156.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.227342d5YZgReD
dont forget for -5usd and -10usd coupons which you can use when ordering.

It keeps going up in price at every restock. I guess they're following this thread as well :L3000: Could be tariffs, but I don't think the rate hikes are as high as the price hikes.

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #318 of 1,250
It keeps going up in price at every restock. I guess they're following this thread as well :L3000: Could be tariffs, but I don't think the rate hikes are as high as the price hikes.

It's not tariffs... those are paid by the importer not the Chinese seller.

These are interesting, but IMO this has now gone beyond the price of something I'm willing to take a leap on, much as I like many of Takstars products.

May 23, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #320 of 1,250
Did the thick foam mod behind the driver - further improved imaging, it has less bass ramble.
I did not too much analyzing it. I try to measure first then do some listening test if it measures good. Too much sparkle can also cause ur ears going dizzy and lost some frequencies. Even it may measure good. But I think I got the idea of dampering highest frequencies. More tape to the front :) When getting the tonal balance correct the bass is more promiment.

May 23, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #321 of 1,250
It's not tariffs... those are paid by the importer not the Chinese seller.

These are interesting, but IMO this has now gone beyond the price of something I'm willing to take a leap on, much as I like many of Takstars products.

it'll keep going up as long as they are selling faster than they can produce them.

May 24, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #324 of 1,250
I have stopped using those China hybrid pads. They are too soft and not real memory foam. Midrange is too recressed and lost too much volume. I use now original pads. Crispier sound with memory foam cushions. Genuine Brainwavz universal oval pads are too big to fit correctly. So I think best choise to try new cushion is Sony MDR7506. Size is perfect. But I think I'm gonna first to use some China copy cushions first. Too bad I cant find fabric with memory foam.

That micro suede looks so good. I think I'm gonna order it anyway. I love sheepskins but it may ruin the sound and its most expensive.
https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/collections/headphone-pads/sony?sort_by=created-descending

May 24, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #325 of 1,250
I have stopped using those China hybrid pads. They are too soft and not real memory foam. Midrange is too recressed and lost too much volume. I use now original pads. Crispier sound with memory foam cushions. Genuine Brainwavz universal oval pads are too big to fit correctly. So I think best choise to try new cushion is Sony MDR7506. Size is perfect. But I think I'm gonna first to use some China copy cushions first. Too bad I cant find fabric with memory foam.

That micro suede looks so good. I think I'm gonna order it anyway. I love sheepskins but it may ruin the sound and its most expensive.
https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/collections/headphone-pads/sony?sort_by=created-descending

What original pads did you choose to use - fabric or leather?

May 24, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #328 of 1,250
I'll do more listening and alayzind now on. When modding.

Bass is very good now. Goes very deep and nice rhumble.Middle is good not recressed, highs may be too crisp. May need to some toilet paper tonal fix. My amp has too much juice for this one. Easily I crank the volume too much. It has better detail than any of my audio equipment. What I noticed that on also some measurings that right amount inside back dampering is good. Just enough not to lose too much volume and if over dampered frequency response goes more wild and cumulative spectal decay starts showing more ringing. I think I'm going to do a bit more inside back damper. I have slight dip at 13 kHz. Not big deal but when dampering more it got a bit more treble and the dip almost diseapper.

May 24, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #329 of 1,250
I did not too much analyzing it. I try to measure first then do some listening test if it measures good.
I do the same thing. Irony here is that hf580 has such a bad measured frequency response that I could have given up on them without even listening.

It is not unheard of that measurements don't match what you hear but hf580 is an extreme case.

May 24, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #330 of 1,250
I'll do more listening and alayzind now on. When modding.

Bass is very good now. Goes very deep and nice rhumble.Middle is good not recressed, highs may be too crisp. May need to some toilet paper tonal fix. My amp has too much juice for this one. Easily I crank the volume too much. It has better detail than any of my audio equipment. What I noticed that on also some measurings that right amount inside back dampering is good. Just enough not to lose too much volume and if over dampered frequency response goes more wild and cumulative spectal decay starts showing more ringing. I think I'm going to do a bit more inside back damper. I have slight dip at 13 kHz. Not big deal but when dampering more it got a bit more treble and the dip almost diseapper.

I noticed that adding the thick foam to the back of the driver made the treble hotter, and calmed down the bass ramble. I did not try it with the fabric pads though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back