Takstar HF 580 Planar Headphones
Apr 13, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #16 of 1,250
hf580 driver.jpg
aiva driver.jpg

Above: HF580 on the left driver and Aiva driver on the right
They seem very similar.
The manufacturing process of membrane of 5 micron with sputtering or printing conductive element to form voice coils is not very simple so that they might share the same driver manufacturer.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #17 of 1,250
The shape of the ear cups look great to me and the pads plus headband look comfortable AF! Let's hope Takstar nail the tuning but judging from the exploded view doesn't show any signs of dampening in or around the inner cup, hopefully they test for ringing while tuning these babies! Also, looks like these can's will love a bit of juice!

Very interesting headphone and very cheap! Subbed.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #19 of 1,250
From my knowledge of the way Takstar works is that a new product can sit in their product list for a while, but won't be attainable till they announce it in the product news section of their site. The HF 580 add is from the 22nd of March. Less than a month old. So I think that HI3050 is just a first batch of HF 580.

Also, Takstar has a record of leaving products for years in their product catalog and never releasing them to production. HI 2500 anyone?

I received confirmation from Ellie @ Takstar Audio Store on AliExpress that confirms the above:

about the HI 3050 and HF580 both are new models, we have asked factory ,they say HI 3050's advertisement come out in 2017, it is only a plan on 2017, they just begin to product this headphone in 2019.
they say HI 3050 is HF 580, after the HF 580 come out, maybe both will call HF 580B.
the HI 3050's parameter is just same as HF 580, please check its parameter on our store, it just same as our store write.

Apr 18, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #24 of 1,250
I am interesting of the size factor that plays out in different ways from Audeze and Hifimans.
Regarding the driver technologies, existing players might be better but the size are unique that is some mid mid in between.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #26 of 1,250
Removal cable has cable and the connector, and the best connector is no connector so that it will be better for economy and less stress for the buyer who constantly searches out a better one.

Apr 18, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #27 of 1,250
Screenshot_2019-04-17-21-43-30.png
According to Takstar's rep the cable is NOT removable. My Sony ma900s are attached too and I've lived with them for years. Not a deal breaker but I will admit I would prefer a removable (or at least a shorter) cable.

Seems like everyone gets told the same thing regarding the 580 model, "hi3050 is the same headphone. Wait several more days for new model".

Apr 18, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #28 of 1,250
I asked on aliexpress also, got this answer:

thanks for your inquiry, sorry we are not sure if it is the same driver units as the Sendy Aiva is using, the factory has not wrote what's driver it is , it is Ultra-large planar diaphragm headphone.

best regards

Apr 18, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #29 of 1,250
According to tracking, mine have left China by air and are now somewhere over the Pacific Ocean...

Apr 18, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #30 of 1,250
According to Takstar's rep the cable is NOT removable. My Sony ma900s are attached too and I've lived with them for years. Not a deal breaker but I will admit I would prefer a removable (or at least a shorter) cable.

Seems like everyone gets told the same thing regarding the 580 model, "hi3050 is the same headphone. Wait several more days for new model".

Thanks for sharing!

I believe this is a big mistake by Takstar. Today people expect the freedom to choose and people use a large number of different sources with different connectors and balanced being hyped up a lot of places. Not to mention the need for different cable length in different situations. Of course one could always mod them but still I'm afraid this will stop them from being very popular. It sees like a really odd decision to me.

Edit:
If impressions are good we'll probably see a second revision soon with detachable cables.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back