Taking a dive into the audiophile world..
Jan 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cayoung05

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I've always been a fan of music, but just recently got interested in taking the next step to fully appreciating and enjoying quality music. The budget I've set for myself is $700 give or take. I've been researching headphones, amps, and dacs through reviews and forums on hifi, and have pretty much settled on the Sennheiser 650s and Bottlehead Crack for my amp.

I was wondering how well the HRT Music Streamer II (not +, don't think I can afford that) pairs with the 650s/crack, and also how well the 650s and crack work together. 

Also, for ripping lossless music files, is the best way to buy cds and rip them myself?

Thanks in advance for helping a noob, any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #2 of 7
Welcome to the world of audiophiles, leave your wallet in the trash bin next to the door! Anyways, as a HD 650 owner I find that 650s are relatively easy to amp, and from what I've heard the crack is a great all-round amp, your set-up is fine.

Your best bet for lossless files are second hand CDs and EAC (exact audio copy) to rip them to FLAC.

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 7
I've heard the 650's and the Crack are heaven, but thats what I've heard. Yes the best way to get music is CD's and ripping them. Also, what are your msuic preferences? Maybe you picked out a terrible headphone for your interests
size]
size]

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #4 of 7
I dream of that combo 0_0 but I need a lower impedance amp, if I got the Crack the only thing I'd use it for would be the HD 650... but one amp per set of cans is not uncommon for an audiophile :p

Jan 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for the replies..

Yeah, I've heard this is an expensive addiction, maybe that's why I've held off for so long!! Haha.. I listen to almost all genres, probably leaning more heavily towards rock and r&b/Motown. Looks like ill be having to save some of my future paychecks earmarked "MUSIC" :p

Jan 17, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Thanks for the replies..

Yeah, I've heard this is an expensive addiction, maybe that's why I've held off for so long!! Haha.. I listen to almost all genres, probably leaning more heavily towards rock and r&b/Motown. Looks like ill be having to save some of my future paychecks earmarked "MUSIC"
tongue.gif

I'd say the Hifiman HE-400, just my two-cents though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back