Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
May 11, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #901 of 976
Hi there - thanks for letting us know about the difficulty. John emailed you on Wednesday and I was ccd on the message. Sorry you missed our communication or it did not go through. Could you check your gmail for John's reply two days ago?
We're just a small company doing our level best to be here for you. -FightinJim

May 11, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #903 of 976
Hi Jim. I'm glad I was heard, but I didn't find the mail. Could you forward it to me? Also was the reply to my direct email to tactiontech@gmail.com or the later inquiry sent from the web site?

I'm glad we're connecting. We want to get this sorted out for you and your stuff working the way it should.

It looks like he got your message sent to tactiontech and replied to you at your gmail address. He sent it to you from his company address, not from tactiontech@gmail.com. Maybe that's the source of the trouble. Anyway, here's what I see in my company gmail inbox (I deleted your gmail name and name for your privacy).

John Steinberg
May 9 (2 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Apologies for the delayed response. It sounds like the problem you are experiencing is something we can fix, but I'm afraid it will require that you ship them back to us for evaluation and repair.

Please send them back to us at

Taction Technology
481 N. Santa Cruz Ave.
Los Gatos CA 95030

We'll get them fixed up and sent back to you as quickly as we can.

Best regards,

John

May 11, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #904 of 976
I'm glad we're connecting. We want to get this sorted out for you and your stuff working the way it should.

It looks like he got your message sent to tactiontech and replied to you at your gmail address. He sent it to you from his company address, not from tactiontech@gmail.com. Maybe that's the source of the trouble. Anyway, here's what I see in my company gmail inbox (I deleted your gmail name and name for your privacy).

John Steinberg
May 9 (2 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Apologies for the delayed response. It sounds like the problem you are experiencing is something we can fix, but I'm afraid it will require that you ship them back to us for evaluation and repair.

Please send them back to us at

Taction Technology
481 N. Santa Cruz Ave.
Los Gatos CA 95030

We'll get them fixed up and sent back to you as quickly as we can.

Best regards,

John

I looked into it a little further and -- Mea Culpa! Our fault (Taction's).

There is some gmail weirdness happening. John's message looked like it was going to you (that is, it showed your name in the recipient list) but when I expanded the message the recipient by your name was <info@tactiontechlogy.com>. This may explain why we haven't heard back from caryn either.

We'll get this sorted out it doesn't happen in the future.

Best,
FightinJim

May 12, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #905 of 976
I looked into it a little further and -- Mea Culpa! Our fault (Taction's).

There is some gmail weirdness happening. John's message looked like it was going to you (that is, it showed your name in the recipient list) but when I expanded the message the recipient by your name was <info@tactiontechlogy.com>. This may explain why we haven't heard back from caryn either.

We'll get this sorted out it doesn't happen in the future.

Best,
FightinJim

Glad to know you guys figured it out. I have to say it was bad, I saw people complaining about not hearing back from custom service in Reddit as well.

btw I put my Kannon out of my door for pick up tomorrow already. Will arrive as soon as Monday.

Thanks

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #907 of 976
So, I received mine about 2 weeks ago. Still testing and I think I'll write my opinion in this thread In the next days.
Btw right now I have a "problem" and I really want to know if I am the only one with that: If I connect the Kannons to their (or another) USB wall charger, the red led remains ON even if the wall charger is unplugged. If disconnect the usb cable from the unplugged charger (but still connected to the Kannons), the the led turns OFF. Why?!

@FightinJim If you want I can email you!

May 14, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #908 of 976
So, I received mine about 2 weeks ago. Still testing and I think I'll write my opinion in this thread In the next days.
Btw right now I have a "problem" and I really want to know if I am the only one with that: If I connect the Kannons to their (or another) USB wall charger, the red led remains ON even if the wall charger is unplugged. If disconnect the usb cable from the unplugged charger (but still connected to the Kannons), the the led turns OFF. Why?!

@FightinJim If you want I can email you!
Hi Immortal,

Glad to hear that you are giving your Kannons a thorough check, and thanks for pointing out a missing piece of information in our manual. Based on your feedback, I've updated the manual so the next batch will be printed with this updated figure (image below). The figure now includes a key for the power light.
KannonInlineKey.GIF

So, when that light was dark, your Kannons were off. When you plugged them in, they were doing their best to charge. (Kindly plug in the charger so that they can get that done for you). They will let you know when they are fully charged by turning off the red "charging" indicator. If you want to use them while charging, that's fine, too (see key).

Thanks for the help!

Best,
FightinJim

May 14, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #909 of 976
Hi Immortal,

Glad to hear that you are giving your Kannons a thorough check, and thanks for pointing out a missing piece of information in our manual. Based on your feedback, I've updated the manual so the next batch will be printed with this updated figure (image below). The figure now includes a key for the power light.

So, when that light was dark, your Kannons were off. When you plugged them in, they were doing their best to charge. (Kindly plug in the charger so that they can get that done for you). They will let you know when they are fully charged by turning off the red "charging" indicator. If you want to use them while charging, that's fine, too (see key).

Thanks for the help!

Best,
FightinJim

Hi Jim,
I've already figured that out, but what I'm saying is still different, The Taction led is RED if the Kannons are connected to the charger, even when the charger is not plugged to the wall. It's like they detect they are connected and ready to be charged, even if there's no power.
So, let's say that I've just finished to charge them: the Taction led is off (as expected). Instead of unplugging the microusb cable from the kannons, I unplug the charger from the wall (leaving the charger and the usb cable connected to the kannons) and the taction led will turn on (red, not green or amber).

I hope that I've better explained the issue!

May 14, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #910 of 976
Hi Jim,
I've already figured that out, but what I'm saying is still different, The Taction led is RED if the Kannons are connected to the charger, even when the charger is not plugged to the wall. It's like they detect they are connected and ready to be charged, even if there's no power.
So, let's say that I've just finished to charge them: the Taction led is off (as expected). Instead of unplugging the microusb cable from the kannons, I unplug the charger from the wall (leaving the charger and the usb cable connected to the kannons) and the taction led will turn on (red, not green or amber).

I hope that I've better explained the issue!
Immortal:

What you are describing is normal operation for Kannon headphones. When the headphones are plugged into a charger, the charge light is illuminated. We did not engineer for the use case in which the headphones are plugged into the charger, but the charger isn’t plugged into the wall. Our bad. We'll look at creating a more sophisticated (and expensive) charge monitoring circuit next time.

So yes, you can fool our indicator circuit, and get it to light when the charger isn’t plugged in. That will not cause any problems, though if you leave it like that for a week, the LED might discharge the battery. So we suggest unplugging the micro USB from the Kannons when you have finished charging them.

Thanks for keeping us on our toes.

May 15, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #911 of 976
Immortal:

What you are describing is normal operation for Kannon headphones. When the headphones are plugged into a charger, the charge light is illuminated. We did not engineer for the use case in which the headphones are plugged into the charger, but the charger isn’t plugged into the wall. Our bad. We'll look at creating a more sophisticated (and expensive) charge monitoring circuit next time.

So yes, you can fool our indicator circuit, and get it to light when the charger isn’t plugged in. That will not cause any problems, though if you leave it like that for a week, the LED might discharge the battery. So we suggest unplugging the micro USB from the Kannons when you have finished charging them.

Thanks for keeping us on our toes.

ok thanks. I just asked to be sure that it was something normal and you confirmed that it is.
I didn't want to trick the controller on purpose, but I needed to plug something else into the wall and when I disconnected the charger I noticed that.
If I may talk about the design, maybe inverting the state of the led (led off when charging, led on when the charge is complete) would do the trick, but then I'm pretty sure someone else will start complaining "how do I know if the kannons are charging? there's no led indicating that!" :sweat_smile:

Anyway, thanks again for the explanation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back