Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Apr 4, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #871 of 976
So i just got them back from Repair and let me tell you the customer support is amazing! not only did they paypal me the shipping fees back which were 55€! they included a free pair of brainwavz hm5 pads and a handwritten letter which is awesome so thanks for that the taction team is freaking amazing!

now back to the Headphones i need your guys help becasue i just cant seem to get them to sound right. They sound muffled compared to my audio technica pro700mk2 which i used previously which in themselves are pretty bassy i dont know what i should try. i already tried different pads and EQ (which im not very good at) any tips else i guess these just arent for me ? i just use them on my PC with a shiit modi 2 magni 3 combo. Another thing i noticed is that when you attach the Y cable to plug in the microphone i always get static when i plug in the mic 3,5mm hope theres somebody out there that can help

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #872 of 976
You could try my EQ settings (hearing/shape of ear is always a bit invidual but it can be a good starting point and you could try exaggerate the values more/less depending how it works for you) https://www.head-fi.org/threads/taction-technology-kannon-headphone.795171/page-48#post-13958947

I tested 3 different pads (Shure 840, Hifiman HE-500 and Beyerdynamic DT770 pads) and out of those Shure 840 worked by far the best and even increased clarity (soundstage and better balance in frequency response) meanwhile the other two pads made it only worse than with the stock pads.

Shure pads are also among the cheapest original replacement pads you find: https://www.amazon.com/Shure-HPAEC8...UTF8&qid=1522844539&sr=8-2&keywords=shure+840

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #873 of 976
You could try my EQ settings (hearing/shape of ear is always a bit invidual but it can be a good starting point and you could try exaggerate the values more/less depending how it works for you) https://www.head-fi.org/threads/taction-technology-kannon-headphone.795171/page-48#post-13958947

I tested 3 different pads (Shure 840, Hifiman HE-500 and Beyerdynamic DT770 pads) and out of those Shure 840 worked by far the best and even increased clarity (soundstage and better balance in frequency response) meanwhile the other two pads made it only worse than with the stock pads.

Shure pads are also among the cheapest original replacement pads you find: https://www.amazon.com/Shure-HPAEC8...UTF8&qid=1522844539&sr=8-2&keywords=shure+840

Hey thanks for responding! ill try them out for sure. Do the 840 pads fit loosely over the earcup ? i remember trying them on an old pair of ath m50x and they were fitting really loose and the kannons kinda resemble the m50x

Apr 5, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #874 of 976
That is something I am struggling with, hence the reason I have so many pairs at the moment!

I suppose if it came down to choosing just one pair to keep then it would be the Kannons for the simple reason that they really offer something for EDM/bass driven music that none of the others can (with the exception of the SZ2000 at high volume).

They are pretty good with other types of music too, I just don't think they stand up very well at the £500 level for that use. For example, for home use listening to fast-paced rock music, I'd probably choose my Sennheiser HD650 over the Kannons and that is a £200 headphone now from Massdrop.

On the go, I like the wireless convenience of B&W PX or Nuraphone straight out of my iPhone, but I still find I am choosing to lug around the Kannons and my Cayin C5/Sony DAP combo if I am going to listen to bass heavy music because they offer that bit more.

The other thing for me is that most of my listening time for other music comes on my home hifi set up through speakers, so it is less of a priority for my headphones.

Sorry I can't be much help here, as I am going through the same situation myself. Kannons at their original Kickstarter price in the US would be great proposition as an 'only-headphone' as I could easily more forgive the shortcomings that I have highlighted in previous posts. At £500 they are a bit of luxury purchase and it is really eye-opening to see what other headphones you can buy for that price or less.
How does the bass compare to the nuraphone? I've heard they have pretty good bass too

Apr 5, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #875 of 976
Hey thanks for responding! ill try them out for sure. Do the 840 pads fit loosely over the earcup ? i remember trying them on an old pair of ath m50x and they were fitting really loose and the kannons kinda resemble the m50x

Slightly looser than stock pads but not loose enough that it would bother me at least.

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #876 of 976
anyone tried different earpads on these and can tell me which one i should look at and if they altered the sound in any significant way ?

I have a pair of Dekoni Elite Sheepskin pads, designed to fit Hifiman cans and the like, I have been using. I didn't do an AB comparison to check how they affected the sound itself. However, I can tell you that they greatly improved the tactile feedback. I believe this is a combination of the pads being thicker causing an increased clamping force and the pads being more firm. The pads are also much comfier due to the material, depth, and size. They do not fit quite perfectly, due to shape. Dekoni does have a version marketed for the Audio Technica M50x, though. I would guess this would provide all of the same benefits, if not more due to fitting properly.

If they do a revision or some sort of second version, I would strongly suggestion Kannon do at least one of two things, if not both. I would say first they should switch the pads to thicker and firmer ones, then they should increase the clamping force. I would prioritize the thicker and firmer pads first, as if they just increased the clamping force it would become very uncomfortable with the stock pads as they are.

Apr 5, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #877 of 976
How does the bass compare to the nuraphone? I've heard they have pretty good bass too

They really do. I think that Kannons give the impression of slightly better extension, but it is probably not a fair comparison as I use the Kannons with an amp and the Nuraphone wireless straight out of my iPhone. I didn't but the Nuraphone 3.5mm cable so a better comparison would be difficult. They are my two favourite headphones at the moment though.

I do find that the implementation of the haptic drivers on the Nuraphone is a bit strange. On bass heavy music at reasonable volume, there is just no way that it can be turned up more than just over halfway. This is nothing to do with being a basshead or how much bass you like, it is just very over-driven and distorted above that level.

I guess it must be designed for people to be able to add a ridiculous amount of bass to music that doesn't really have much to start with! It doesn't matter though, because the effect with the slider around halfway is generally excellent.

There is an element of the same complaint that I have with the Kannons and that is that the haptic response needs to be adjusted to different levels for different tracks. This is more of a hassle on the Nuraphone as you have to dive into the app to do it rather than having a physical remote like the Kannons. This would be a real issue if you want to use the Nuraphones on a non iOS/Android device as you would lose the app control so wouldn't be able to adjust it at all.

Apr 6, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #878 of 976
alright after thinking about it these are just not for me im gonna sell them if somebody is interested pm me. Kannons are barely used maybe 1 hour playtime not even charged once. either for $$$ or if somebody has something they want to trade in the same price range (Headphones, AMPs or the jvc sz2000) ill be happy to look into that as well. Shipping would be from Germany

IMG_0955.JPG
MGMRu

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #879 of 976
alright after thinking about it these are just not for me im gonna sell them if somebody is interested pm me. Kannons are barely used maybe 1 hour playtime not even charged once. either for $$$ or if somebody has something they want to trade in the same price range (Headphones, AMPs or the jvc sz2000) ill be happy to look into that as well. Shipping would be from Germany

MGMRu
How much would you want for those? Also, where in Germany do you live?

Apr 9, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #881 of 976

MGMRu
Are these still for sale?

Apr 9, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #883 of 976
Apr 9, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #885 of 976
They should ship mine this week... we'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back