Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Oct 13, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #541 of 976
Just got an answer from taction to an old pm i sent them on facebook about expected shipping delays. Thought i would let people know :

"I want to let you know that we are now shipping headphones, though it will take us a while to work through our backorders. But you can get an order in at our website, and we should be able to ship by early December."

So this is consistent with the 44 days delay announced on the website. Given that i ordered a month ago, it seems i will be able to have them under the Christmas tree.

Oct 13, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #542 of 976
Just got an answer from taction to an old pm i sent them on facebook about expected shipping delays. Thought i would let people know :

"I want to let you know that we are now shipping headphones, though it will take us a while to work through our backorders. But you can get an order in at our website, and we should be able to ship by early December."

So this is consistent with the 44 days delay announced on the website. Given that i ordered a month ago, it seems i will be able to have them under the Christmas tree.

You are tempting me to press the buy button right now with this statement !! Given your situation, perhaps I can receive them in January next year!

Thanks for the info.

Oct 14, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #544 of 976
Haha, yeah, probably.

Actually, I just re-checked the status and it has been sent out to my local delivery satellite with a note attached saying "Customs charges raised".

That's progress at least, hopefully I will receive the invoice tomorrow and the cans Thursday!

May i ask how much time it took from the moment you got the shipping notification for the package to arrive at the UK customs ?

Also, i've been told by the Taction team that my order from September 9 should be shipped to me around November 20, if it can give a better idea to future buyers. Just keep in mind that the process will speed up and that the lead time is around 44 days now.

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #547 of 976
I guess it depends on your backer number. Jim says all Kickstarter headphones should be delivered by the end of November.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #548 of 976
It's also hard to gauge because not all backers are on this site. to give you a rough idea I think it was backers number 16 and 33 were shipped out a couple weeks ago, but there might have been others too that aren't on here. I'm backer 56 so mine should be coming up soon. BTW for those that have received theirs are the Kannons shipping out of Los Gatos, and via what shipping method? Thanks!

Oct 16, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #549 of 976
Shipped Priority Mail from Los Gatos CA September 28 arrived Pleasanton CA September 29.

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #551 of 976
Hi @Hawaiibadboy,

Could help me with two things?

- Do you know the sensitivity of this headphones? I love the fact the sz2000 can push to 108db which means for me being able to using it on my HTC 10 without amp and being able to eq with lowering main gain to avoid saturation but still have a close to nightclub volume or being able to listening to music in the train.

- Could you compare Kannons and Sz2000 on this song between 1.49min and 1.59min and tell who's the best in bass ? It has the lowest deep bass I have ever heard in any song which I guess is around 20hz :

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #552 of 976
My Motorola Style at max phone volume is not quite enough for me. On a volume scale of 0-10, I would like 11 or 12 with my phone. So, depending on how the HTC compares to the motorola in terms of built in amp output, it may or may not be adequate. But its close, for me. Note, I am only discussing volume here. At max taction level (10), bass is sufficient. Just overall volume, is not.

I have found myself primarily driving the headphones from my PC now, which has a strong enough output to clip the tactor. I have been watching films, gaming and listening to music. Here is my feedback so far through various use cases:

Films: great experience. Film soundtracks don't have too much bass so mostly it just sounds like a good pair of cans, then when required, it delivers the low blows properly. Films that feature mad bass soundtracks like San Andreas, obviously shake you to pieces throughout the entire film. They do films well.

Music: The Kannon's greatest strength. I listen to mostly DnB, Trap, but stretch to rock and metal. It does these excellently. By far the best way to enjoy the Kannon's is to just listen to some of your favorite songs.

Gaming: These have seen a fair amount of gaming. Mixed opinions here. Overall, the can's do what they are told, but you are relying on the game to provide something useful. For example, in PUBG, you are always on the alert for footsteps and gunshots. Gunshots are excellent with these, the extra bass and feedback help locate gunshots. But one disadvantage in this game which means I mostly play with the taction driver disabled, is that footsteps also have a sub element to them. This means that while running around, you are continually getting pumped with bass, which does get annoying. This is no fault of the Kannon, but an annoyance with the game soundtrack.

If anyone has any specific use cases or tests, I am happy to offer my opinion.

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #553 of 976
Thanks for the advice, i mostly bought them to watch movies/tv shows with my PC as source and add something to that experience as i'm not at liberty to enjoy a home cinema sound system in my appartment, so i appreciate your feedback.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #554 of 976
My Motorola Style at max phone volume is not quite enough for me. On a volume scale of 0-10, I would like 11 or 12 with my phone. So, depending on how the HTC compares to the motorola in terms of built in amp output, it may or may not be adequate. But its close, for me. Note, I am only discussing volume here. At max taction level (10), bass is sufficient. Just overall volume, is not.

I have found myself primarily driving the headphones from my PC now, which has a strong enough output to clip the tactor. I have been watching films, gaming and listening to music. Here is my feedback so far through various use cases:

Films: great experience. Film soundtracks don't have too much bass so mostly it just sounds like a good pair of cans, then when required, it delivers the low blows properly. Films that feature mad bass soundtracks like San Andreas, obviously shake you to pieces throughout the entire film. They do films well.

Music: The Kannon's greatest strength. I listen to mostly DnB, Trap, but stretch to rock and metal. It does these excellently. By far the best way to enjoy the Kannon's is to just listen to some of your favorite songs.

Gaming: These have seen a fair amount of gaming. Mixed opinions here. Overall, the can's do what they are told, but you are relying on the game to provide something useful. For example, in PUBG, you are always on the alert for footsteps and gunshots. Gunshots are excellent with these, the extra bass and feedback help locate gunshots. But one disadvantage in this game which means I mostly play with the taction driver disabled, is that footsteps also have a sub element to them. This means that while running around, you are continually getting pumped with bass, which does get annoying. This is no fault of the Kannon, but an annoyance with the game soundtrack.

If anyone has any specific use cases or tests, I am happy to offer my opinion.
Hey man, this looks very interesting, but what if battery dies? If thats the case, can it be powered by usb or something? I like my Logitech G903 because i can use wired or from battery "wireless" Maybe it is similar deal? Thanks you:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back