T5P v. ESW10JPN
Apr 8, 2012 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dsclaw88

Head-Fier
I have received the opportunity to purchase one of the two headphones. I was wondering if anyone has listened to both of these headphones and could tell me which one is the king of the portable headphone market. I can buy the ESW10JPN for approximately $500 dollars and the T5P for about $750, so I do believe I am getting a good price on the T5P. These will mainly be used in a library powered by my Ipod. However, occasionally I will use these at home with an amp.

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 4
Has no one on head-fi tried both of these :frowning2: or are they so different in sound response that they can not be compared. I have heard the t5p is colder like a AKG sound while the Audio Technica is a warm sounding headphone 

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #4 of 4
Comfort is very important as I plan to use them in  on long  airplane flights (~5-6 HRS) .  Isolation would also be somewhat important because I will be using them frequently in the library. 

I rather not have to purchased a portable amp, so these are going to be sourced out of a ipod when I am traveling, when I am home I have a nice tube amp. 

Genres I mainly listen to is:

Alternative Rock (Third Eye Blind, Dave Matthews Band, Dispatch, etc. )
Classic rock (led zeppelin, eric clapton, etc)
Blues
Occasionally I listen to but not as importantly
House and Rap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back