T1's Uncomfortable..Anyone Else
Apr 6, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #17 of 25
Try wearing the Goldring DT150 for a few days. Then switch back to the T1. You'll now find them remarkably comfortable.

But seriously, I got my T1 yesterday and have no comfort issues.

Apr 6, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #18 of 25
Our heads are all different shapes. But FWIW, next to the HD800/DT880, the T1s are the most comfortable headphones that I've ever had on my large melon.
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First thought: wimp

Second thought: this is a stickup - hand me your money, my Paypal addy is ..................

Third thought: girly-man

wink.gif

I suspect they will get more comfy for you in the long run. Don't give up!

Nov 16, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #20 of 25
I realise this thread is a few months old but I feel I have to chime in on this comfort issue. I recently bought the T1:s and have used them for about 1.5 weeks now - and I absolutely agree with kostalex' opinion. My smallish head has a ^ on the top (which clearly has been considered in the designs of HD650 and HD800.) The band of the T1:s headphones actually caused pain after a while! At first it would appear in a few hours due to the pressure exerted on the top of the skull, but after a few days of listening it would appear in just 15 minutes.

The sad part is that I absolutely adored the sound of these cans... but as they obviously weren't going to get any head-time I decided to return them.

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #21 of 25
You may mod them. Add some foam to the headband sides, keeping the top with no foam. Or tighten the top of headband (it is soft on the inner side, isn't it) with some thin fabric ribbon. Or isolating tape 
wink_face.gif
?

Nov 18, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #22 of 25

Quote:
You may mod them. Add some foam to the headband sides, keeping the top with no foam. Or tighten the top of headband (it is soft on the inner side, isn't it) with some thin fabric ribbon. Or isolating tape 
wink_face.gif
?

Yes, the thought had occurred to me.. :) But - I had already auditioned the HD800s at a local store, and after another audition A/B-ing with the T1:s I ended up buying them. I simply found it wrong for a ~900eur headphone to require modding to be usable. Have not sent the T1:s back yet so I intend to do a little more A/B-ing at home with my own setup while I still have them :) Don't think it will change the outcome though - they are both in the same league SQ-wise.

I actually weighed them both, the Beyers were at 360gr and the Sennheisers at about 390gr. Funnily enough, due to the superior design, IMHO, the Senns are miles ahead in comfort :)

Nov 18, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #23 of 25
Seems like our heads are just as individual as our ears :).

For me they where not the most comfortable. The cable was hugely annoying and I didn´t like the feel of them on my head. It didn´t hurt but it was just annoying especially after being spoiled by the LCD-2. The LCD-2 has weight issues so it´s hardly perfect either.

But I wonder if I ever will see anyone here finding the German Maestro 435S uncomfortable. I will eat my hat if I ever see that. Even if they where as popular as SENNS and AKGS :)

DT 770 Pro was quite a bit more comfortable then the T1.

Nov 18, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #24 of 25

Quote:
I found them very comfy for long sessions listening, if you have large ears it may be a problem...
redface.gif

My ears had to be folded outwards at the top and the bottom of my lobes in order to fit in the cups.  They were by far the most uncomfortable headphone I have worn - my ears never felt natural cramped into the tiny cups...It may have altered my perception of their sound quality as well as they sounded a bit dark in the treble with incorrect staging and imaging for its price - contrary to every other opinion I have read.

Nov 18, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #25 of 25

Quote:
Seems like our heads are just as individual as our ears :).

Indeed seems so :)

Quote:
oqvist said:

DT 770 Pro was quite a bit more comfortable then the T1.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the headband padding design of all Beyers more or less identical? I also own a DT250/80 and just examined the headband - it's looking very much alike to the T1s. Never had any comfort issues with the DT250 though, other than the clamping force but that disappeared with time.. Of course, the DT250 is 100gr lighter, not to mention the differences in cable weight :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back