T-PEOS H300 vs DUNU DN-2000 vs DUNU DN-1000 Amped
Jul 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #16 of 21
LMAO!! I think I can in regards to IEM's...unless every single one of your posts is BS which that would make you the BEST practical joker that ever walked the face of this planet, lol! But I highly doubt that. The information I have gleaned from you and some of the others in these TPEOS/DUNU threads has been quite valuable and enlightening and I greatly and humbly thank you and them for your diligence and work when it comes to muddling through this massive maze of IEM's.

Jul 2, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #17 of 21
IMO, for  real fun and big enjoyment....

H300 > DN1000 > DN2000

I own H300 and tried Dunus (before buying H300). Believe me, listening music with H300 leaves you an experience. H300 is best at punchy & fast bass, huge soundstage and crystal clear sound. But it may slightly become uncontrolled while playing rock (your requirement) Its a bright iem, I was little worried initially as my ears are treble sensitive. But with some 50 hrs burn-in the highs settled (or I got used to it). I can still feel the pain on certain songs (but rarely 2 out of 100) but I enjoy rest of 98 thoroughly.

I don't remember anything extraordinary about Dunus except they were good. Technicals were already covered by other posters. 

But trust me, its true that "sound is in the ears of the beholder".  :wink:

Try to understand the sound signature from various posts and get the one close to your sound signature. This is what I did. 

Jul 2, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #18 of 21
Thanks amusic, that solidifies what I have thought after reading tons of posts about the DUNU's and the H300's and others. Which is why I went with the pre-order of the Altone200's from T-PEOS....lol! Now I do this because of the man, the myth, the legend, the Jedi IEM master himself, Obi Wan H20....this padawan decided to go with those because he says that T-PEOS smoothed out the treble spike some more, kept the awesome bass, improved the mids a smidge, and still has great soundstage (not his exact words but more like a very muddied down version). So, I am in a holding pattern until Sungoo sends them out.
If I don't like them, I'll sell them and try the H300's or something else. I'm sure they will be fine though

Jul 3, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #19 of 21
Hi,
I would also like to know how these iems fare when amped. I especially would like to know what the headroom for them is like with bass, as I'm a bit of a basshead myself.

I currently run an E18 connected to my Z1compact driving a pair of Klipsch X10s. I have found that the X10s have a fair amount of headroom but it's not long before they distort. I imagine this is due to the single ba driver being pushed hard but I'm no expert. :xf_eek:

I am therefore thinking of upgrading to one of these trio of hybrid iems as I've heard great stuff about them but I'd like to be sure about their amping capacity especially in the bass section.

Apologies for the long post and thanks in advance for any advice :)

Jul 3, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #20 of 21
Hi,
I would also like to know how these iems fare when amped. I especially would like to know what the headroom for them is like with bass, as I'm a bit of a basshead myself.

I currently run an E18 connected to my Z1compact driving a pair of Klipsch X10s. I have found that the X10s have a fair amount of headroom but it's not long before they distort. I imagine this is due to the single ba driver being pushed hard but I'm no expert.
redface.gif

I am therefore thinking of upgrading to one of these trio of hybrid iems as I've heard great stuff about them but I'd like to be sure about their amping capacity especially in the bass section.

Apologies for the long post and thanks in advance for any advice
smily_headphones1.gif

X10 is known for having early distortion issues. It's not because you're amping them simply a general trait of the Klipsch X10 from any source. It's one complaint often mentioned about the earphone. You will not experience any early distortion similar with the hybrids mentioned in the OP. Dunu DN-1000 will give you the "most" bass amped.

The other two are more about bass quality rather than quantity or mass volume. 

Jul 3, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #21 of 21
X10 is known for having early distortion issues. It's not because you're amping them simply a general trait of the Klipsch X10 from any source. It's one complaint often mentioned about the earphone. You will not experience any early distortion similar with the hybrids mentioned in the OP. Dunu DN-1000 will give you the "most" bass amped.

The other two are more about bass quality rather than quantity or mass volume. 

Thanks H2O that's helped a lot as the X10 can sound "weak" at times when played at fairly high volumes.

I do like a lot of bass impact but I value bass quality and extension the most; it's what I liked about the X10 the most, along with the nice, clear mids.

Therefore from what I've heard maybe the dn-2000s are the best option :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back