T-PEOS H300 vs DUNU DN-2000 vs DUNU DN-1000 Amped
Jun 10, 2014 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

ws65infl

New Head-Fier
To owners of the listed 3, can you give me some feedback on how they compare to each other. I'm hoping someone has had all 3 and can give me some good insight as to their differences, pros, and cons. I've read the DN-1000 can be better than the 2000 if coupled with an amp, is this true? Thanks for any help on this.

Jul 1, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #3 of 21
I like the DN-2000 a lot more than the other two and IMO the 1K and H300 is a draw depending on which one you prefer. 

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #4 of 21
To owners of the listed 3, can you give me some feedback on how they compare to each other. I'm hoping someone has had all 3 and can give me some good insight as to their differences, pros, and cons. I've read the DN-1000 can be better than the 2000 if coupled with an amp, is this true? Thanks for any help on this.

That was me who made that statement.

Personally I'll stick to what I said: DN-1000 with a decent amp (namely) Tralucent T1 wasn't entirely worth the upgrade to DN-2000. Though keep in mind, I have been in the hobby a while now so my intentions to 'upgrade' and actual perception on that wasn't worth it for me.

I just found the DN-2000 a little dry or bland, accompany this with DN-2000's lower level of bass impact made DN-1000 a more fun, involving experience. Plus, I do stand by when you amp DN-1000 you can really extract an extra does of clarity and detail. I believe lin0003 also had a positive experience when amping DN-1000 with an Objective 2.

As for H-300 it has the best bass quality though is very bright earphone, it can be a dream with the right source, the clarity is up there with the best I heard though again, this comes at the price of early fatigue. If however you're a EQ user H-300 can be fine-tuned very much like a race car. You can tweak it's gears and make it cater to your needs.

All 3 can compete quite well actually but DN-1000 wins the freak award offering the best price to performance ratio imo.

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #6 of 21
I saw the review and I would like ask, if I like pop and abit of rock, what would be the more suited earphone? Im planning on getting a fiio amp so im kind of stuck :p My heir audio 4Ai died on me in 4 days haha. 

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #7 of 21
  I saw the review and I would like ask, if I like pop and abit of rock, what would be the more suited earphone? Im planning on getting a fiio amp so im kind of stuck :p My heir audio 4Ai died on me in 4 days haha. 

Rather than a FiiO amp I highly recommend taking the alternative $100 C&C BH.

Here is our thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #8 of 21
I see, thanks for the suggestion, my primary goal would be to find a IEM. The build quality between the DUNU 2000s and the T-Peos H-300, is there a big difference? Also would you consider detacheable cables a major plus?

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #9 of 21
I see, thanks for the suggestion, my primary goal would be to find a IEM. The build quality between the DUNU 2000s and the T-Peos H-300, is there a big difference? Also would you consider detacheable cables a major plus?

A few people have reported the housing coming apart with H-300 which is worrying. The Dunu seem well built.

Have you heard about T-Peos new Altone200? It's going on pre-order for just $105 in the sponsor section right now. I will get you the thread link.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724546/new-t-peos-alton200-3-way-hybrid-introduction-high-end-sound-cheap-as-chips/75#post_10676322

Shares a very similar signature to H-300 with a stripped down (no thrills) housing.

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #10 of 21

If the detachable cable is of low quality, then you'll be constantly spending money on new cables as the old ones wear out, or shopping around for cables that are more durable. This can get very expensive very quickly. If the non-removable cable is of high quality, then you won't need to worry about replacement earphones soon. However, if you get a high-quality replaceable cable, then it's the best of both worlds :)

Just something to keep in mind, as detachable cable does not always mean better. The rest of the build matters too.

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #11 of 21
H20 ill check out the thread.
NAW thanks for the info, ill keep that in mind. 

I realised just a few days ago that driver housing actually quite important. I never imagined the driver housing would ever break on any earphones. Heir Audio proved me wrong. In conjunction with this thread, DUNU2000s or the H300 or the Altone200 in terms of mids and treble? I presume this is the most predominant type of sounds that pop and rock produce? 

Jul 1, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #12 of 21
  H20 ill check out the thread.
NAW thanks for the info, ill keep that in mind. 

I realised just a few days ago that driver housing actually quite important. I never imagined the driver housing would ever break on any earphones. Heir Audio proved me wrong. In conjunction with this thread, DUNU2000s or the H300 or the Altone200 in terms of mids and treble? I presume this is the most predominant type of sounds that pop and rock produce? 

If I was going to listen to rock all day without a break I would probably take the DN-2000 as they're more forgiving. Unless you're willing to EQ H-300.

I say this because H-300 is bright and will wear you down, it's just lean mean and full of vibrance around the upper-mids and treble regions. Anything badly recorded (early metal / pop albums) are going to sound like garbage and you'll probably want to rip them out of your ears. Feed them well recorded albums like Alison Krauss and they will sing like no tomorrow.

The Altone is an inbetween of both H-300 and DN-2000, slightly warmer than H-300 in mid-range tone  but still brighter than DN-2000.  Altone200 is very new though, many members are waiting for further impressions. I am not reviewing the offering from T-Peos this time round. 

Jul 1, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #14 of 21

That was me who made that statement.

Personally I'll stick to what I said: DN-1000 with a decent amp (namely) Tralucent T1 wasn't entirely worth the upgrade to DN-2000. Though keep in mind, I have been in the hobby a while now so my intentions to 'upgrade' and actual perception on that wasn't worth it for me.

I just found the DN-2000 a little dry or bland, accompany this with DN-2000's lower level of bass impact made DN-1000 a more fun, involving experience. Plus, I do stand by when you amp DN-1000 you can really extract an extra does of clarity and detail. I believe lin0003 also had a positive experience when amping DN-1000 with an Objective 2.

As for H-300 it has the best bass quality though is very bright earphone, it can be a dream with the right source, the clarity is up there with the best I heard though again, this comes at the price of early fatigue. If however you're a EQ user H-300 can be fine-tuned very much like a race car. You can tweak it's gears and make it cater to your needs.

All 3 can compete quite well actually but DN-1000 wins the freak award offering the best price to performance ratio imo.

Thanks H20, but because of what you said in another thread, I went with the pre-order of the Altone200's...already heard from them that they will begin shipping July 15 :)

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #15 of 21

Thanks H20, but because of what you said in another thread, I went with the pre-order of the Altone200's...already heard from them that they will begin shipping July 15 :)

Because of what I said? Oh...... not sure you can trust what I say.........

wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back