T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Apr 22, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #601 of 622
  how do the H-300 work with high output impedance? (speaking of the NWZ-A10 as source with its 4 Ohms) 

Its unpredictable without trying, though I ran H-300 with F806 Walkman without any problem.  (which also has around 4ohm output impedance). I'm not going to say it will be fine, although putting H-300 through their paces with several sources there's a higher chance of them being ok rather than not.

H-300 are a little dated now anyway, you'd be better of looking at T-Peos Altone200. 

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #602 of 622

H-300 are a little dated now anyway, you'd be better of looking at T-Peos Altone200. 

Ok thanks. Wasn't so much aware of these. T-Peos is not the most common brand and the dealer here in Singapore has just the H-300 and their low end models. Seeing the thread here oh head-fi it seems the Altone200 have fixed some issues if the H-300. Unfortunately no more detachable cables and a general downgrade in appearance.

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #603 of 622

Ok thanks. Wasn't so much aware of these. T-Peos is not the most common brand and the dealer here in Singapore has just the H-300 and their low end models. Seeing the thread here oh head-fi it seems the Altone200 have fixed some issues if the H-300. Unfortunately no more detachable cables and a general downgrade in appearance.

There are two (2) new models of hybrids with RC from T-PEOS, in the Altone line-up, Altone250 and Altone350 that is......

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #604 of 622

If the detachable cable is preferred, you may want to wait on the reviews for the Altone 250.
Based on the freq graph the Altone 250 looks like a combination of H-300 bass and Altone 250 mids-highs.
Personally, I think it's too bassy because taming the H300 treble to Altone 250 levels doesn't sound too good.
But then again, it may sound otherwise despite the graph.

More information:

BA driver used is Knowles FK-26260-000. Tech sheet is here. The electrical impedance on the the tech sheet is saying 240 ohms at 1Khz but it's highly unlikely T-Peos would use that in an IEM. Perhaps they use a version with a different impedance.

Altone 250 Frequency Response - I don't know if this is compensated or raw. I suspect they are raw as this one was.

I adjusted the scales to compare the 200 and 250. The Altone 200 graph is from here. You can see the Altone 250 has a 13dB bass boost at 100Hz and a 19dB bass boost at 20Hz which is in my opinion excessive. The upper mids are slightly boosted and the treble is slightly lower which is an improvement over the overly bright TWFK but the 7Khz spike is still too high. It's a shame that the bass boost is so excessive because it moves from a warmer, funner sound that is still close enough to "neutral" and ends up pushing it firmly into the domain of bass heads.

Note that these graphs are raw and have not been compensated for the ear canal so don't start comparing them to graphs that have been compensated or expecting too see a flat line because a flat raw frequency response will not be as you hear it.

This is what "flat" looks like as an uncompensated "raw" frequency response. Below 1Khz the line should be flat to match the Olive-Welti Diffuse Field Target Curve but people do prefer a bass boost below 200Hz as the Harman-Karden Preferred Target Curve showed.

May 3, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #607 of 622
If the detachable cable is preferred, you may want to wait on the reviews for the Altone 250.
Based on the freq graph the Altone 250 looks like a combination of H-300 bass and Altone 200 mids-highs.
Personally, I think it's too bassy because taming the H300 treble to Altone 250 levels doesn't sound too good.
But then again, it may sound otherwise despite the graph.

hmm pity we didn't get an a250 unit for the tour

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #608 of 622
hi
i have dunu dn1000 and i like the sound quality bass and v-sphed
i thinking upgrate for h-300, and my qustaion is about the bass and v-shped if its better than dunu dn1000

In addition, my question is about isolation- Dunu dn 1000 insolation not very good and important to me Headphones with a good insolation..

thank

Dec 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #609 of 622
hi
i have dunu dn1000 and i like the sound quality bass and v-sphed
i thinking upgrate for h-300, and my qustaion is about the bass and v-shped if its better than dunu dn1000

In addition, my question is about isolation- Dunu dn 1000 insolation not very good and important to me Headphones with a good insolation..

thank

H-300 is probably just as v-shaped, if not worse. Isolation is very good, but isolation is mostly tip-dependent anyway. Bass is probably more impactful (louder), especially the sub-bass. The H-300 is also heavier and larger.

Jun 22, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #611 of 622
I have owned the H-300 and have tried all three in the Altone line up and found the Altone 250 satisfying my tastes a bit more. It was at a convention almost a year ago so I can't quite remember the details.

Jun 23, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #612 of 622

Its unpredictable without trying, though I ran H-300 with F806 Walkman without any problem.  (which also has around 4ohm output impedance). I'm not going to say it will be fine, although putting H-300 through their paces with several sources there's a higher chance of them being ok rather than not.

I actually got both the Altone 200 and H300 in yesterday for a short trade with a local head-fier. And the H300 is blowing my socks off. I wish I had gotten them when were still hot! With sony tips they are not bright and the bass is to just die for.

The Altone is still too bright but I am tip rolling to see works best for them.

The H300 sounds boss out of my alien gold. 

Edit: Sorry to necro bump/quote.

Jun 23, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #613 of 622

I actually got both the Altone 200 and H300 in yesterday for a short trade with a local head-fier. And the H300 is blowing my socks off. I wish I had gotten them when were still hot! With sony tips they are not bright and the bass is to just die for.

The Altone is still too bright but I am tip rolling to see works best for them.

The H300 sounds boss out of my alien gold. 

Edit: Sorry to necro bump/quote.

We had a lot of fun with H-300 and T-Peos in general a while back, they come close to creating excellent IEMs though always something goes amiss usually in terms of their lean/cold tonality and treble regions which is an acquired taste. its a shame because they came (very) close each time.

Watch the volume levels on those H-300, they can be lean at times and if you have a Sansa Clip around with Rockbox use the Altone with those and adjust the tonality as required by lowering the treble. Both H-300 and Altone respond very well to EQ and their synergy with the Clips/Zips is pretty gnarly in itself

Jun 23, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #614 of 622

We had a lot of fun with H-300 and T-Peos in general a while back, they come close to creating excellent IEMs though always something goes amiss usually in terms of their lean/cold tonality and treble regions which is an acquired taste. its a shame because they came (very) close each time.

Watch the volume levels on those H-300, they can be lean at times and if you have a Sansa Clip around with Rockbox use the Altone with those and adjust the tonality as required by lowering the treble. Both H-300 and Altone respond very well to EQ and their synergy with the Clips/Zips is pretty gnarly in itself

I remember reading posts from you and the others when they were just coming out and I was new to the hobby then so it was beyond my reach. But I see now what you mean, atleast with the Altone 200 they are VERY close to a very formidable sound signature. I will play around with tips and EQ, I dont have a sanza tho. 

But yes, the H300 with sony tips sounds unlike anything I have heard before. And I listen to it at lower volumes because it sounds just as good as it does on louder volumes, unlike many other headphones. I am just shocked by how good the H300 is. Its a shame they are not as active these days, I would love to see them enter the market again. I don't know, its like I'm really enjoying music again with the H300, running straight out of my laptop or phone and I dont feel the need to obsess about dacs or amps. 

It is still quite expensive brand new but man I am for real tempted...

Jun 23, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #615 of 622

I remember reading posts from you and the others when they were just coming out and I was new to the hobby then so it was beyond my reach. But I see now what you mean, atleast with the Altone 200 they are VERY close to a very formidable sound signature. I will play around with tips and EQ, I dont have a sanza tho. 

But yes, the H300 with sony tips sounds unlike anything I have heard before. And I listen to it at lower volumes because it sounds just as good as it does on louder volumes, unlike many other headphones. I am just shocked by how good the H300 is. Its a shame they are not as active these days, I would love to see them enter the market again. I don't know, its like I'm really enjoying music again with the H300, running straight out of my laptop or phone and I dont feel the need to obsess about dacs or amps. 

It is still quite expensive brand new but man I am for real tempted...

Basically and IMO Tralucent 1Plus2 sounds like H-300 done ' very correctly' so you can understand why I love Tralucent brand and house sound in general.

Enjoy the H-300, they will put on a show or two if your preferences line up which definitely seems to be the case for you.

But I say again, if you're holding onto them both look for a used Sansa unit and Rockbox it, as you can fine tune / mould them into something really fabulous. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back