T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Jun 16, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #481 of 622
  If I'd read before.. 
monster triple-flange did not do well for me either.
Some good ones are MEElectronics Double Flange clear

And for foams: Bluecell  Medium memory foam.
this is smaller and not the same quality as  the included red foam tip,
but isolates and inserts and feel better.

I have tried the Bluecell tips as well but were not for me unfortunately. For foam, my favorite was with Veritas foam tips.

Jun 16, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #482 of 622
Anyone looking to buy H300s in Korea should go to earphoneshop. They sell it new for the bargain price of 190,000 Korean Won (approx 180USD). I'm going to audition them and compare them with my H200s and get them sometime this week. Too bad DUNU isn't sold here in Korea.

That's an insanely good deal from for this level of headphones. Lucky Koreans!

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #483 of 622
I really wonder what's behind the pricing though. It is just that one shop selling everything (the) cheap(est). They are well respected and they don't ever sell fakes.

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #484 of 622
Has there been any movement in 3rd party cables for the H300? I know H20 said that T-PEOS sell some 7n OCC cables, however, when I go to their site and go to english, I don't see anything regarding cables or the H300 (in the Korean language site I see the H300's but I don't know which cables since I don't speak Korean. I also saw that jonyoo said H200 cables would work.
So, is there a consensus recommendation for a better quality (less microphonics) cable?

I would like to thank all the reviewers here for there dedication and work. I read many, many threads in researching IEM's to replace my TF10's that disappeared on me...even started a couple threads with questions to no avail. But after reading a few different threads that talk about the H300, I'm pretty sold on these as they have the SQ and sound signature that I like based on the reviews and descriptions I read.

I have also seen H20 talk about pairing these H300's with a dx50 and NX1...I am new to this sort of thing but I might include these as well as my source is my old iPhone 4...good choice or just use H300 with iPhone?

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #485 of 622
Has there been any movement in 3rd party cables for the H300? I know H20 said that T-PEOS sell some 7n OCC cables, however, when I go to their site and go to english, I don't see anything regarding cables or the H300 (in the Korean language site I see the H300's but I don't know which cables since I don't speak Korean. I also saw that jonyoo said H200 cables would work.
So, is there a consensus recommendation for a better quality (less microphonics) cable?

I would like to thank all the reviewers here for there dedication and work. I read many, many threads in researching IEM's to replace my TF10's that disappeared on me...even started a couple threads with questions to no avail. But after reading a few different threads that talk about the H300, I'm pretty sold on these as they have the SQ and sound signature that I like based on the reviews and descriptions I read.

I have also seen H20 talk about pairing these H300's with a dx50 and NX1...I am new to this sort of thing but I might include these as well as my source is my old iPhone 4...good choice or just use H300 with iPhone?

No idea about the iPhone 4 but the H300 sounds excellent with iPhone 5.

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #487 of 622

I had the TF10 and moved to the H-300 as well. If you liked the TF10 sig, the H-300 is going to be a massive change. It's really nowhere near it. You'll probably have to EQ it like I did, which helps a lot. Overall though, the bass is the most impressive aspect. If you asked me, I felt the TF-10 cut out at about 32hz. You can clearly hear all the way down to 20hz with these H-300 and it's much more clean as well. Other than that, there's more detail overall in the H-300 and the mids and treble are far more forward (louder) than it is on the TF10.

Jun 17, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #488 of 622
Hapster, you and I have similar ears then; I felt exactly as you did about the base response of the TF10's...it was good, but lacking a little in bottom end. The upper reaches of treble seemed a little shy too, but that might be because I was using comply foam tips (can't remember which ones), so the more forward highs and mids will be a good thing (and I can EQ down if needed as you do). I will more than likely EQ down that spike that has been reported as well or use the tips that were recommended to tame the spike.

I would like to know which cables would be the best to switch to...I will hold off on amp until I hear how they sound with my phone...probably end up getting the DX50 and NX1 anyways.

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #489 of 622
Unfortunately you don't have a whole lot of options in regards to aftermarket cables. The included black cable has a weird consistency but the other "Christmas cable" is my preference. For how it feels and the y splitter has an extra piece

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #491 of 622
+1 it's awesome on iPhone 5.
But surprisingly very dull on ipod classic 7g ( SQ is about 20% low and volume is 50% low)

Can anyone suggest me if rock boxing the ipod improves this? If it doesn't I am planning to buy a X3.

If you love your iPod... I suggest investing on a decent amp.
There's a new budget amp hitting waves at the moment. You may wanna wait for the impressions to come in:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/696825/topping-nx1-portable-headphone-amplifier-impressions-thread

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #492 of 622
Yeah. It's on my radar.. It's selling for around 55 bucks on amazon.i want to see more reviews.

btw, can someone suggest a set of headphones having similar or improved sound signature of H300 ?

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #493 of 622
Or get a V-Moda vamp verza
rolleyes.gif
  there's one currently on eBay for $240. That's an unbelievable deal.

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #494 of 622
Yeah. It's on my radar.. It's selling for around 55 bucks on amazon.i want to see more reviews.

btw, can someone suggest a set of headphones having similar or improved sound signature of H300 ?

That little NX1 is a legend amp.

Keep your eye out for impressions during our Australian tour which commenced yesterday.

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #495 of 622

The 7nOCC makes the treble hotter on the H300 so there are some people who don't recommend it. I have seen someone post something about aftermarket cables for the H300 up on ebay but I'm not sure if it was on this thread. I'm sure if you send them an email asking about the cables, they will give you some info on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back