T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Jun 18, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #496 of 622
There's two cables on eBay for H-200 which are interchangeable with H-300.

Personally I don't recommend upgrading the cable to silver plated or pure silver as both metals increase brightness. As we know H-300 is already rather leaned out, if anything we need to go backwards from copper though such metal (especially available) does not exist. We need to add warmth not subtract it.

My honest opinion for future H-300 owners is to invest in a good source that supports a 5 band equalizer because with some minor tweaking or the correct source H-300 is an excellent sounding earphone, you just need to add a touch of warmth manually, even a rocboxed Clip Zip does them fairly proud. On the brighter side of this (punt intended) it's more efficient EQing an area down than up imo. This works in H-300's favour.

Like I said with some slight adjustments it's a killer sound earphone. Some even love it just the way it is.

However I'm pretty sure T-Peos are working on something new soon.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Athena-upgrade-cable-for-T-Peos-H-200-H200-/261344838374?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3cd95dc2e6&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Zees-Music-Aurora-upgrade-cable-for-T-Peos-H-200-H200-/251394351295?pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&var&hash=item3a884560bf&_uhb=1

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #497 of 622
I wouldn't be scared about upgrading cables. Not wanting to start arguments here, but if there "really" is a difference, you certainly won't be able to perceive it. It's all about quality of the cable, if the included ones don't suit you (If you want to wear them over the ear) I'd probably look into aftermarket cables.

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #498 of 622
  I wouldn't be scared about upgrading cables. Not wanting to start arguments here, but if there "really" is a difference, you certainly won't be able to perceive it. It's all about quality of the cable, if the included ones don't suit you (If you want to wear them over the ear) I'd probably look into aftermarket cables.

You don't hear a difference with cables? 

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #500 of 622

That's fine, there's an endless debate here about cables as you would of seen in the science section.

Though just out of curiosity may I ask how many cables you've tried to cement your conclusion? 

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #501 of 622

That's fine, there's an endless debate here about cables as you would of seen in the science section.

Though just out of curiosity may I ask how many cables you've tried to cement your conclusion? 

I wouldn't call it a debate
rolleyes.gif

Had a friend let me ABX his Toxic Silver poisons with his HD650 and I personally owned a Hybrid cable for my TF10s by Chris_Himself. We both agreed there didn't seem to be any real difference, since we ended up being right about 50% of the time. I don't look to my own ears for confirmation though, as well, our brain is a tricky little device.

I don't like to delve into comparing amps/dacs/cables and I personally believe we over complicate most devices and through our arguments, someone is making money.  I deal in tangible differences, like functionality, comfort, versatility, and resilience.

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #502 of 622

I wouldn't call it a debate
rolleyes.gif

Had a friend let me ABX his Toxic Silver poisons with his HD650 and I personally owned a Hybrid cable for my TF10s by Chris_Himself. We both agreed there didn't seem to be any real difference, since we ended up being right about 50% of the time. I don't look to my own ears for confirmation though, as well, our brain is a tricky little device.

I don't like to delve into comparing amps/dacs/cables and I personally believe we over complicate most devices and through our arguments, someone is making money.  I deal in tangible differences, like functionality, comfort, versatility, and resilience.

Fair enough, that's totally fine. :)

Jun 18, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #503 of 622
Just got the H-100 II in. Had to put complys on straight away, pretty bad driver flex with standard silicone tips.
With comply they do bass very well, highs are hood and mids not too veiled. Overall no way near as detailed as the H-300 but great for the price. Comfort is also excellent.

Jun 18, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #504 of 622
Speaking of comply, after I ordered those Meelectronic tips, I've noticed myself using the included red foam tips more now. I'm actually starting to prefer them a lot more. They don't seem to leave as much pain after wearing for hours. They're a little big though, and although the length is nice for keeping the housing far enough from my ears, the diameter seems pretty large. Also, they're red and look hideous, black would look far better.
biggrin.gif
Anyone have any suggestions of what to get?

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #506 of 622
H20 - I definitely agree that EQ'ing down is much better. Based on what everyone has said in the previous posts, my plan of action will be to (obviously) get the H300's from digital852 and get some TS200 comply tips as recommended previously in the Aussie Tour thread for the H300. If the sound isn't up to snuff, I might try the SpinFit tips suggested by xaddictionx...next would be to a go to a better source (DX50) and amp (NX1). Lastly, if that doesn't do it, I'll try different cables. Does this sound like a good plan of attack? Would you change the order of my steps?

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #507 of 622
H20 - I definitely agree that EQ'ing down is much better. Based on what everyone has said in the previous posts, my plan of action will be to (obviously) get the H300's from digital852 and get some TS200 comply tips as recommended previously in the Aussie Tour thread for the H300. If the sound isn't up to snuff, I might try the SpinFit tips suggested by xaddictionx...next would be to a go to a better source (DX50) and amp (NX1). Lastly, if that doesn't do it, I'll try different cables. Does this sound like a good plan of attack? Would you change the order of my steps?

Which source are you using atm. What kind of EQ options does your current source provide? First thing to do before anything else (besides the tips) is arm yourself with an EQ. 

To put it into perspective you may be totally fine without any adjustments, though it's the long term fatigue that wears you down.

When you first listen to H-300 you think DAMN that sounds clear, damn the clarity, then after 30 minutes you think damn, this is becoming tiring, damm my ears, my ears.......

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #508 of 622
Lol about my ears, my ears, MY EARS! My current source is a lowly iPhone4...I will have to DL an EQ app for it (not sure which one to DL though).
Oh ya, almost forgot...H20, have you got your hands on the Fidue A83 yet to compare to the H300's? I'm not changing my mind though, I am getting the H300's!

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #509 of 622
Lol about my ears, my ears, MY EARS! My current source is a lowly iPhone4...I will have to DL an EQ app for it (not sure which one to DL though).

Check out the app called "Equalizer" : https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/equalizer/id321267949?mt=8

You want to dial in between 8k -10k drop about -4db of the top end, if you leave the Q wide it will also warm the overal tonality.

They're kind of like a formula one car running on high octane racing fuel, and you're the driver. 

It will also depend how loud you listen, if you behave the volume levels that beast within them cannot be summoned.

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #510 of 622
Oh ya, almost forgot...H20, have you got your hands on the Fidue A83 yet to compare to the H300's? I'm not changing my mind though, I am getting the H300's!

Apparently one of our Australian members is trying to source one of them as we speak, though nothing concrete yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back