T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
May 8, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #361 of 622
I have a feeling this will sound even better with pure copper cable, as it will take the edges off the treble, and add some much needed warmth 
wink_face.gif

May 8, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #362 of 622
Hi experts, can you please suggest me between Dunu DN2000 and H300?
I listen to pop 80%.
Need bigger soundstage, better sound clarity and tight bass.

One more thing I travel a lot, so don't prefer to carry an amp. IPhone 5 is my source.
I am more on casual side than analytical, but can't stand tonal harshness. My songs are mp3 320 k most of the times. I have only 20% Aflac collection.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Bump...

May 8, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #363 of 622
Hi experts, can you please suggest me between Dunu DN2000 and H300?
I listen to pop 80%.
Need bigger soundstage, better sound clarity and tight bass.

One more thing I travel a lot, so don't prefer to carry an amp. IPhone 5 is my source.
I am more on casual side than analytical, but can't stand tonal harshness. My songs are mp3 320 k most of the times. I have only 20% Aflac collection.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Let me just put it this way, If you're willing to spend a little more and are okay with a non removable cable , get the dunu dn2k, otherwise h300 is the way to go.

May 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #364 of 622
Let me just put it this way, If you're willing to spend a little more and are okay with a non removable cable , get the dunu dn2k, otherwise h300 is the way to go.

Great ! thanks Hapster..
I am more worried about how iPhone 5 handles BAs with low output impedance.
The only reason I am considering H300 is, I am gonna get them for cheaper @ around USD230 from my cousin living in Seol.
I don't want to spend any extra, unless H300s cannot be driven by my iPhone 5. With DN2K, I don't see much difference when it comes to impedance.

H300
•Impedance:22Ω
• Sensitivity : 105dB

DN D2K
•Impedance:16Ω
• Sensitivity : 102dB

I am okay to change my plan to Shure SE215-K or VSonic GR07 MK2 or RHA M750i, if H300 is expected to be terrible on my mobile phone because of iPhone 5's low output impedance or BA impact.

Expert suggestions please.

May 8, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #365 of 622

Great ! thanks Hapster..
I am more worried about how iPhone 5 handles BAs with low output impedance.
The only reason I am considering H300 is, I am gonna get them for cheaper @ around USD230 from my cousin living in Seol.
I don't want to spend any extra, unless H300s cannot be driven by my iPhone 5. With DN2K, I don't see much difference when it comes to impedance.

H300
•Impedance:22Ω
• Sensitivity : 105dB

DN D2K
•Impedance:16Ω
• Sensitivity : 102dB

I am okay to change my plan to Shure SE215-K or VSonic GR07 MK2 or RHA M750i, if H300 is expected to be terrible on my mobile phone because of iPhone 5's low output impedance or BA impact.

Expert suggestions please.

The H300 output impedance at 22Ohm is pretty standard. IMO nothing to worry about nor difficult to drive. I have driven the H300 with iPhone 5 and iPad mini without any difficulties. No apparent hissing as well. Volume wise on my iPhone probably ~50% to 60% is sufficient. Though my main source for them is DX50 with Tralucent T1 which is a better synergy with the H300 IMO.

May 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #366 of 622
  The H300 output impedance at 22Ohm is pretty standard. IMO nothing to worry about nor difficult to drive. I have driven the H300 with iPhone 5 and iPad mini without any difficulties. No apparent hissing as well. Volume wise on my iPhone probably ~50% to 60% is sufficient. Though my main source for them is DX50 with Tralucent T1 which is a better synergy with the H300 IMO.

Right, they're still easy to drive. If anything, that's a bonus for me, because they'll be less prone to the passive hissing of amplifiers. (looks at fiio e07k)

May 8, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #368 of 622
Thanks guys, I went ahead and initiated the purchase. I think I would get them some time next week.
I will keep my fingers crossed and post my feedback.

Thanks, Shaila

Where'd you order them from and how much?

Mine got back ordered from digital 852 :frown: might just cancel it and get the jvc fx850, idk yet. $375 sounds like a whole lot more than $275.

May 8, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #371 of 622
Btw I've been doing a bit of a/b testing of the two cables, and what I'm seeing is that the black cable provides better detail retrieval, particularly in the lower midrange, but it can also sound a little synthetic with the details. The coloured cable, meanwhile, gives a slightly smoother, more musical sound.

Also the black cable seems to pair better with my Samsung S4.

YMMV
wink.gif

May 9, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #375 of 622
If you say so.
rolleyes.gif

Usually I'd say you're right, but I've found that just about everything affects H-300 because it's so transparent.

But like I said, feel free to think whatever you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back