T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
May 5, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #331 of 622
Just received this awesome things.
have to say that included tips did not properly fit in my childish ear canals and couldn't get good seal/isolation
(or maybe I'm very used to deep inserted tips
size]
)

Then, I checked in my drawer and found my Yamaha EPH 100, Took their tips and Bingo.
Feel comfortable and isolate well with the medium sized ones
That's how it looks:

May 5, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #332 of 622
Just received this awesome things.
have to say that included tips did not properly fit in my childish ear canals and couldn't get good seal/isolation
(or maybe I'm very used to deep inserted tips:tongue_smile: )

Then, I checked in my drawer and found my Yamaha EPH 100, Took their tips and Bingo.
Feel comfortable and isolate well with the medium sized ones
That's how it looks:

Is that some medieval torture device?

May 5, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #333 of 622
Lol
biggrin.gif
 they do kind of resemble that. 
Good news for you is that they are not as sibilant as the B2/DBA-02 are. Like it is being  rumored around. I got  the 
Yamaha EPH-100 and DBA-02MKII  and to me they quiet sound more like the Yamaha, but with a thicker/fuller overall sound.
Btw, just 20 minutes of A,B,C testing which is nothing.

May 5, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #335 of 622
Hi all, Long time prowler first time poster.. I really need some advice regarding the H-200 v H-300. I have been looking for a iem for the sole purpose of listening to Drum & Bass on the go. I was originally going to pick up a pair of Monster Turbine Gold until I stumbled across the appreciation thread for the T-peos H-300 and after reading the first couple of reviews I was dead set on picking a pair up, but as more impressions started to come in reporting the peaks and being "super bright" I'm a bit worried now! So when I started looking into t-peos I noticed the H-200 and after reading all the reviews and impressions the H-200 seems to be the better earphone, maybe lagging behind the H-300 technically but the h-200 seems to have less flaws,better reviews and just more user friendly! So if anyone can help,I could really do with some advise. Which earphone would be the best reproducing drum & bass in a fun,punchy,euphoric with great clarity and most importantly Exellent bass both in quality and quantity? If anybody has both and wouldn"t mind testing each one out with a few DnB tracks and give me some impressions on how each one performs I would appreciate it so much.. Many Thanx

May 5, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #336 of 622
Mine arrived to the post office 3 days after shipped. I bought  from mobynet - k1880497@sw....
The thing is that the PO wont deliver to your house, you have to go there. (at least in my case) if bought from mobynet

May 5, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #337 of 622
Hi all, Long time prowler first time poster.. I really need some advice regarding the H-200 v H-300. I have been looking for a iem for the sole purpose of listening to Drum & Bass on the go. I was originally going to pick up a pair of Monster Turbine Gold until I stumbled across the appreciation thread for the T-peos H-300 and after reading the first couple of reviews I was dead set on picking a pair up, but as more impressions started to come in reporting the peaks and being "super bright" I'm a bit worried now! So when I started looking into t-peos I noticed the H-200 and after reading all the reviews and impressions the H-200 seems to be the better earphone, maybe lagging behind the H-300 technically but the h-200 seems to have less flaws,better reviews and just more user friendly! So if anyone can help,I could really do with some advise. Which earphone would be the best reproducing drum & bass in a fun,punchy,euphoric with great clarity and most importantly Exellent bass both in quality and quantity? If anybody has both and wouldn"t mind testing each one out with a few DnB tracks and give me some impressions on how each one performs I would appreciate it so much.. Many Thanx

Weeelll, from what I read, the H-300 supposedly covered most of the H-200s flaws, so I don't know what'chu've been reading.

May 6, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #338 of 622

H-300 has the bass you want and the flaws you're reading about are very much source dependent.

For example, I'm running them atm with Tralucent DacAmp One and they're well behaved in the treble department. The main issue you'll run into is if you like listening loud H-300 lean out rather quickly, what this means is treble comes forward as you lift the volume, as you gradually increase volume levels it will begin leaning out similar to a car carburetor taking in more fuel in the mids and highs. They became brighter and brighter, colder and you're playing a tightrope game with what threshold you can handle, often you need to find a happy medium.

They're incredibly clear because of this and the clarity is ear melting but they're not for the faint hearted or anyone that admires warmer or darker mid-range tonality. If however you control the volume they're excellent IEM provided you're matching up with a good source. They're excellent at detail extraction and transparency. 

I've owned H-200 as well, although they're a more stable diet I'd be suggesting Dunu DN-1000 in your situation. The $200 3 - Way hybrid that replaced my H-200 and still use to this day in combination with DX50 and Tralucent T1. It has the low end and controlled mid-range you're searching for.

May 7, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #339 of 622
Hey I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but I keep having problems with durability on the coloured cable. It has slipped its housing (and been replaced) twice now.
T-Peos have told me that it's not suited for wearing over-ear as compared to the black cable, which seems a little odd to me, but thats what they reckon.

Something to be aware of anyway...

May 7, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #340 of 622
Hey I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but I keep having problems with durability on the coloured cable. It has slipped its housing (and been replaced) twice now.
T-Peos have told me that it's not suited for wearing over-ear as compared to the black cable, which seems a little odd to me, but thats what they reckon.

2?! How long have you had them? I don't wear them over, so I'm not totally concerned, but it sounds pretty shoddy.

May 7, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #343 of 622

I haven't had such problem yet.. I've got 2 color cables as well. Due to the reversed polarity issue. What do you mean by slipping off the housing? To me I find the weakest link of the cable lies in the right angled terminator jack.

May 7, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #345 of 622
Whoa that's crazy. Just from wearing over ear? I've been using the colored cable since day one and unplugging/replugging them every time with no issues. I also wind the cable to fit it into the travel case.

That said, the colored cable does have a soft outer plastic and I can see it stripping like that. Do you think it's a sweat issue hardening the cable at that point in the strain relief? Or is it just the weight of the IEM from over ear wear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back