T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
May 7, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #346 of 622
That said, the colored cable does have a soft outer plastic and I can see it stripping like that. Do you think it's a sweat issue hardening the cable at that point in the strain relief? Or is it just the weight from over ear wear?

Lol I read that as "is it a sweat or a weight issue" thought you were asking if he was fat XD

May 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #347 of 622
Whoa that's crazy. Just from wearing over ear? I've been using the colored cable since day one and unplugging/replugging them every time with no issues. I also wind the cable to fit it into the travel case.

That said, the colored cable does have a soft outer plastic and I can see it stripping like that. Do you think it's a sweat issue hardening the cable at that point in the strain relief? Or is it just the weight of the IEM from over ear wear?

It could be either I suppose. The cable has definitely hardened above the y split after use.

I think it may be to do with how they bond the cable to the housing however. They use heat which looks like it's partially melting through the soft coating, weakening the join.

May 7, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #349 of 622
It could be either I suppose. The cable has definitely hardened above the y split after use.

I think it may be to do with how they bond the cable to the housing however. They use heat which looks like it's partially melting through the soft coating, weakening the join.

oh no..:frowning2:

May 7, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #350 of 622
Mine came a bit suspicious also. It has kind of bad finish that could one day leave the cable loose and end like Bohdy. 
What about a drop of Krazy glue to prevent it from wearing?
Also, are there any other alternative cables that you know about and fit H-300?

May 7, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #351 of 622
  Mine came a bit suspicious also. It has kind of bad finish that could one day leave the cable loose and end like Bohdy. 
What about a drop of Krazy glue to prevent it from wearing?
Also, are there any other alternative cables that you know about and fit H-300?

A bit of epoxy could possibly work.

And there are a couple of aftermarket cables for the H-200 which would fit. I'm thinking about looking into that actually.

May 8, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #358 of 622
There are also a couple of options on ebay
http://stores.ebay.com/Zees-Music-We-Love-Music/_i.html?_kw=h200&_fcid=1&_localstpos=&_sid=63836227&_stpos=&gbr=1

Not exactly cheap however.

May 8, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #359 of 622
Hi experts, can you please suggest me between Dunu DN2000 and H300?
I listen to pop 80%.
Need bigger soundstage, better sound clarity and tight bass.

One more thing I travel a lot, so don't prefer to carry an amp. IPhone 5 is my source.
I am more on casual side than analytical, but can't stand tonal harshness. My songs are mp3 320 k most of the times. I have only 20% Aflac collection.

Please suggest.

Thanks

May 8, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #360 of 622
The only ones I know are the 7n OCC sold by T-Peos. I think I posted a pic of it before with the H-300.

Hey thanks for the information and pictures!

May I know how does it pair together?

From my experience, silver cable will probably enhance the clarity and brightness whilst giving the bass a tighter control. Because the H300 is pretty bright to begin with, I was thinking if a copper, SPC or hybrid cable would be more suited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back