T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jun 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #946 of 2,595
Go back a page Gintaras, a few posts up boleh explains what you need to do. The secret code is there for you to find.

Jun 5, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #947 of 2,595
got my 5N OCC cable yesterday aswell! build quality is good! ergonomics r good, it is slightly microphonic, but it goes away if im listening on high gain or on louder volumes, the cable really opens up the h-200. more impressions coming as soon as ive burn-d in the amp / cable ... as i got both of them around the same time,, waiting for my c3 to show up.. so far really happy with the entire rig. have superb synergy together, the cable is a really good upgrade if ur happy with ur h-200 and see how far u can push them. id totally recomend the bh + new cable combo. thanks alot Marcus :) 

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #948 of 2,595
Quote:
got my 5N OCC cable yesterday aswell! build quality is good! ergonomics r good, it is slightly microphonic, but it goes away if im listening on high gain or on louder volumes, the cable really opens up the h-200. more impressions coming as soon as ive burn-d in the amp / cable ... as i got both of them around the same time,, waiting for my c3 to show up.. so far really happy with the entire rig. have superb synergy together, the cable is a really good upgrade if ur happy with ur h-200 and see how far u can push them. id totally recomend the bh + new cable combo. thanks alot Marcus :) 

toxicdrift :) Try this >> microphonic problem solved  >> look funny thought
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #949 of 2,595
Quote:
toxicdrift :) Try this >> microphonic problem solved  >> look funny thought
biggrin.gif

I use a clip with all of my iem's... but I typically put the cable under my shirt so the clip is hardly noticeable. But my source is a clip zip and not my phone (if my source was a phone, putting the cable under the shirt would not be so great).

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #950 of 2,595
[size=medium]Impressions from a HF newbie :wink: [/size]

[size=medium]T[/size][size=medium]here are a lot of reasons why I really like these earphones, excellent clarity and overall sound quality, the build quality appears very good (though we’ll have to see how the strain relief on the cables hold up – at least the cable is replaceable).  They are pretty versatile in how they can be worn and the microphonics can be minimized and the phones stay put nicely; this is important to me since I walk between 30 and 40 miles per week.   [/size][size=medium]I have been A/Bing these with the e-q5, red vs black cable, trying out all of the tips, etc and generally having fun experimenting and reading the tips on this forum.  Since several guys with way more expertise and knowledge have gone into detail on these I will try to be brief.  I have been listening on an HTC 8X and a Gen 5 iPod running Rockbox with a LOD out to an e12.[/size]

[size=medium]The bass concerned me at first.  I’m finicky about bass – it simply has to be there in sufficient quantity and texture but too much of it will distract me to the point of not being able to enjoy the music.  Fortunately, T-Peos has brought me over from the skeptic-leaning side of burn-in agnosticism to being a believer.  After listening and letting music and pink noise intermittently run through these, they’re so much more transparent, detailed and the bass is deep, extended but controlled.  One of my favorite characteristics of the H-200 is just how far the highs and lows extend, never seeming to overwhelm or offend, while keeping a mostly neutral profile.  I think TechnoKid had one of the best descriptions by saying they offer an analytical vibe with deep bass.  Sibilance is almost non-existent (even when it is present on my e-q5 on certain tracks) though I do occasionally get some harshness with lower quality files.  [/size]

[size=medium]I originally thought the Ortofons were more detailed while doing A/B tests but it occurred to me it was more a matter of which details tended to get emphasized by the two; the e-q5 having slightly forward mids while the H-200 having a slight v-shape profile.  I find the H-200 to be a bit more forgiving of poorer sound sources and files.  [/size][size=medium]As others have said, these are easy to drive they sound much better through the iPod/e12 combo than the HTC phone as you would expect.  The iPod/e12 combo comes across slightly warm but it handles bass and treble far better than the 8x and the H-200 sounds great on it, it seems to benefit more from this particular combo than the e-q5.  I do think the e-q5 is slightly more 3D in presentation but the e12 feels like it crowds things on the Ortofons, I do not perceive this effect on the T-Peos.  [/size]

[size=medium]As for the TF10, I would say the e-q5 is a head above them and for the H-200 I’d say head and shoulders.  I am looking forward to getting the Fiio X3 and enjoying some newly ripped FLAC files on the H-200.  [/size]

Jun 7, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #951 of 2,595
It appears that the prototype of T-PEOS first-party custom cables for H-200 was revealed!

I haven't been able to find the original source from T-PEOS, but people say this is equivalent of 7n OCC.

Well, do I see UE logo on the connector housing? I was expecting something more of non-indie-looking cable than this. Not that this cable looks bad though.

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #955 of 2,595
^ Resistance becomes yet more futile!
size]

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #957 of 2,595
Eke2k6 ....Lol ..... That's great to hear I refrained from purchasing the h-100 because of some of the reviews. I am still dancing a month after my H-200 arrived and they are still improving. Glad to hear your clicking your heels.

Jun 7, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #960 of 2,595
Quote:
H-200 in the house. I put them on about 30 minutes ago, and haven't stopped dancing since.

That's great news, especially since I fcking hate(d) the H-100

LOL!! I'm not surprised.. I stated earlier that it's not a mid-tier IEM. It's a top tier at a mid-tier price. If I'm not listening to the AS-2, it's the H-200 in my ears. I was wondering earlier today if you had received them yet. Cool!!  
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back