T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jan 2, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #31 of 2,595
Quote:
I'd say Maxell dba700 are the most interesting out of the bunch because of their lower price and the fact that they seem to be their first serious effort with iems...
anyways, It'd be really good to see at least some of them soon...

Yep, I have one on the way to me, in fact, my shipment from Amazon.jp should be waiting for me at home, I am still away at my parents after spending xmas and NY with them.

Expect a first impression and review fairly soon on DBA700, and comparison to the H-100

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #32 of 2,595
Quote:
So does anybody have any idea the sound sig these will bring. My main focus is electronic music (pendulum is my favorite band).

The H-200 are supposed too have a more balanced sound signature than the H-100. If you're into electronic music, you should seriously consider the H-100...

Jan 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #33 of 2,595
Quote:

Yep, I have one on the way to me, in fact, my shipment from Amazon.jp should be waiting for me at home, I am still away at my parents after spending xmas and NY with them.

Expect a first impression and review fairly soon on DBA700, and comparison to the H-100

How soon is soon exactly?  Like tomorrow, this Sat, next Tues... :)

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #34 of 2,595
Subscribed! I'm torn between JVC and Shinwoo
tongue.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #38 of 2,595
Well surprisingly enough I found out about t-peos because of the H200(kinda of late if you ask me), but I too will be tuned in. It looks like im going to have to sell all my christmas presents to give these a try. The 7007 are the most intreging though being theyll be somwhat similar to the 3003 but with drtachable cables. All things aside, this is a good show.

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #39 of 2,595
Before you give up on the midrange try Kiwi foam core stuffed into  Vmoda
Bliss 3 earttips.  Jam them all the way in your ears.  Magic!  Vmoda's are $5 bucks for
5 pair directly from them. (Best silicone tips I have tried).   Kiwi foam tips 2.99 on  ebay
for 3 pair.  Those prices include shipping.

Happy Listening

jgwtriode

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #40 of 2,595
I'm not actually replying to myself as much as I am just musing out loud.

I was talking to my wife who loves the cheap single armature t peos buds that came with my H 100's

Anyway I love stuff with over the top performance.  I'm not opposed to pricey stuff that is really good nor
do I feel the need to suggest that it's price isn't justified.  I have listened to multi hundred thousand dollar
systems that bring you to tears and wished that I could make one phenomenal sale or win the lottery so that
I could posess it and enjoy it whenever I want.

Occasionaly I have stumbled upon those things in my pursuit of audio. They are usually found in a moment
of unexpected serendipity that creates a fundamental shift in the way you think.  

I won't bore you with the details, some of which I already have on this thread in moments of exhuberance.
This is one of those products.  The UE TF 10 especially with upgraded cable got me almost half way there.
This product takes me to the 90%+.  Now is the thrill of seeing just how far this journey will go.

The T-peos are ridiculously good for their price.  I was lucky enough that Zach wanted to move onto to Over-the-Ear phones.

I got my H 100's used with a pair of their cheaper balanced armature model thrown in(an original t-peos deal).

I am relentless within my budget when pursuing improvement and so I have tinkered and fiddled until I have finally gotten
the best seal I can afford and it's cheap.  I may later get some custom molded tips for these.  They are worth doing that
just to push the design to it's limit's.  But now I need to push what's in front of it.

Fun!  And I can do this on a budget.  Wow %-).   Looking forward to the H 200.  But I can wait awhile!

Happy Listening
jgwtriode

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #41 of 2,595
Quote:
I was talking to my wife who loves the cheap single armature t peos buds that came with my H 100's

Different experience than me then.

I thought those "free" B-100 IEM's that came with my H-100 were awful. Boomy, muddy bass, that overshadowed everything else and introduced some background hiss just to add to the awful sound.

Different strokes for different folks I guess 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #42 of 2,595
You have to seal them completely deep in ear. Just like with the100's, Kiwi foam core in medium std tips for my wife.
Jammed them tight into my ears. I use large vmoda's with wicks ear plug cores modified with a hole to wrap around the
vmoda center. Lost the seal without shoving these things in. Destroy my klipsch S4's. Mirky and vague compared
to the 100's. Very warm and reasonably focused with decent soundstage. A lot more than I would have expected.

Happy Listening
jgwtriode

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #43 of 2,595
Deep...Deeeper....Deepest. OKAY WHEN THE NOOZLES HIT SKIN YOUR ALL THE WAY IN. Yeah I'm off my nut!

Do this it's cheap...no comply's, no silicone, no foam core silicone. Ear plugs. I use Wicks because that's what Smith's has. More like smooth poly foam. Smooth soft nonabsorbent (opposite of Comply's). You squish to fit. Cut about 3/8" to 1/2" off the very tip. Punch a hole in it. Use whatever you want. Try to center it, but it ain't a big deal. Use a ball point pen to stretch it open. I yank
the little platic plug at the non business end of the pen out and stick my H 100 in. Slide right off the pen onto your noozle...no sweat.

Why? It's cheap. It completely seals and doesn't attenuate the highs. Just balances everything out. Midrange will blend better than you have ever heard with anything else. Bright will be bright
but it won't be sibilant and the mids will even out. Space is just the recording and the soundstage. Bass is ridiculous tight with snap and slam. The upper bass to lower midrange is seamless.
The timbre of instrument is just right. Harmonics are gorgeous. Highs are effortless and airy and as bright as they are recorded. The first thing I noticed was none of these things. Everything was
quiet, the proverbial black background.

I know I am given to descriptive excess...hell I used to write 15 to 20 page essays for my English class in college and I write poetry.
Enough.

Just do it...you'll thank me I promise. You will feel like you shelled them. hehehehe hahahaha. Oh I promise its more comfortable than what you are doing now and you can push your buds in as
far as you dare go.

Go deep!

Happy Listening!
jgwtriode

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #44 of 2,595
That's a really good idea with the ear-plugs...never thought of that!

Anyone have any new info on when the 200 will be released?  I've been saving for these for a while!!!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jan 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #45 of 2,595
Quote:
That's a really good idea with the ear-plugs...never thought of that!

Anyone have any new info on when the 200 will be released?  I've been saving for these for a while!!!

It seems that the sound tuning process is finalized, but they're still looking into some details about the detachable cable. If everything goes according to plan, they should be releasing it early next month. Here's the latest picture available, where you can see the cable connected to the housing (but the cable and connection may still be changed):

Users who are viewing this thread

Back